Papago M6/M7/M8 for iPhone & iPod Touch

Discussions and information on mobile devices with integrated GPS chipset

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS in mobile devices only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
J2EE

Re: Papago M6 for iPhone & iPod Touch

Postby J2EE » Sat May 07, 2011 3:18 pm

I'm using Papago M8. Managed to transfer MFM map to my iphone. However, I cannot search roads or POI. Any insight ?
Gray hairs are signs of wisdom if you hold your tongue, speak and they are but hairs, as in the young - Philo

Garmin Nuvi 1350
Papago X8 OEM SE on Passion OBU
M8 Papago on iPhone 3GS

keong8260
Regional Mapper
Location: Alor Setar (60CSx, Nuvi, Papago, Polnav, Galactio, Compass, Parang, Gun)

Postby keong8260 » Tue May 10, 2011 12:49 am

J2EE wrote:I'm using Papago M8. Managed to transfer MFM map to my iphone. However, I cannot search roads or POI. Any insight ?

Do you generate the map with the option Papago for iPhone? And rename some extension to make it work?

J2EE

Postby J2EE » Tue May 10, 2011 8:24 am

keong8260 wrote:
J2EE wrote:I'm using Papago M8. Managed to transfer MFM map to my iphone. However, I cannot search roads or POI. Any insight ?

Do you generate the map with the option Papago for iPhone? And rename some extension to make it work?

Yes, did all that. I can use it but it just does not search POIs. When I switch over to the old map, no issues (I have both maps installed)
Gray hairs are signs of wisdom if you hold your tongue, speak and they are but hairs, as in the young - Philo

Garmin Nuvi 1350
M8 Papago on iPhone 3GS

aikliang
Contributor

Postby aikliang » Tue May 10, 2011 9:54 pm

J2EE wrote:
keong8260 wrote:

Yes, did all that. I can use it but it just does not search POIs. When I switch over to the old map, no issues (I have both maps installed)
I don't have any issues with the latest maps. Try down-loading and generate the new map, then transfer to your iPhone again. Sometimes during the download or transfer, there maybe some error.
It is not the mountain that we conquer but ourselves - Edmund Hilary

J2EE

Postby J2EE » Tue May 10, 2011 11:10 pm

Aikliang, I did what you suggested. Still no luck. This is M8 and not M6, I wonder if that is the issue.

Garmin Nuvi 1350
M8 Papago on iPhone 3GS

aikliang
Contributor

Postby aikliang » Wed May 11, 2011 10:26 am

J2EE wrote:Aikliang, I did what you suggested. Still no luck. This is M8 and not M6, I wonder if that is the issue.
I am using M8 Pro. I was in KL yesterday, going to Kuala Selangor to view some sites. No problem finding POI (TESCO Kuala Selangor, seafood restaurant) and road names. Routing was also acceptable although it tried to route me to NSE instead of Guthrie Highway on the way back. No sure what your problem is.

Attached are the files for MFM-PPG-110501C after extract and install. Total size is 247MB. Try comparing and see if there are any difference to those on your computer.
papago files.JPG

Also during installing, did you choose M6~M7 for iPhone?I sometimes forget to change this in my haste to install.
papago files 2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ultrafire88

Postby ultrafire88 » Wed May 11, 2011 12:35 pm

no prob with M8Pro for me either

J2EE

Postby J2EE » Tue May 17, 2011 1:49 am

Ok, this is what I did:
(1) Re-downloaded the file
(2) Deleted all the previous files from the directory on my PC
(3) Re-installed the file
(4) Selected M6-M7 for iphone Papago
(5) Renamed all the selected files as per listed in this forum
(6) Deleted the previous maps on my iPhone
(7) Moved the newly installed files from PC to iphone thru iPhone explorer

Started the Papago M8 app..... same results, could not search. Switched back the map to original map that came with M8, presto, it can search. Switch it back to the MFM-PPG-110501C map, no go. This is frustrating.

And...yes, the file size is 247MB

P/S: I noticed that you had 2 files which were named differently:

(1) MapAniPOI.psu instead of MapAniPOI.psz
(2) Sstandard_L.mb6 instead of Standard_L.mb6

I think I have followed instructions to the letter gua....and my background is in IT (having some 20 years+ or so logged)... so, unless there are some unknowns, I have hit a wall.... ](*,)

Garmin Nuvi 1350
M8 Papago on iPhone 3GS

aikliang
Contributor

Postby aikliang » Tue May 17, 2011 4:38 pm

J2EE wrote:Ok, this is what I did:
(1) Re-downloaded the file
(2) Deleted all the previous files from the directory on my PC
(3) Re-installed the file
(4) Selected M6-M7 for iphone Papago
(5) Renamed all the selected files as per listed in this forum
(6) Deleted the previous maps on my iPhone
(7) Moved the newly installed files from PC to iphone thru iPhone explorer

Started the Papago M8 app..... same results, could not search. Switched back the map to original map that came with M8, presto, it can search. Switch it back to the MFM-PPG-110501C map, no go. This is frustrating.

And...yes, the file size is 247MB

P/S: I noticed that you had 2 files which were named differently:

(1) MapAniPOI.psu instead of MapAniPOI.psz
(2) Sstandard_L.mb6 instead of Standard_L.mb6

I think I have followed instructions to the letter gua....and my background is in IT (having some 20 years+ or so logged)... so, unless there are some unknowns, I have hit a wall.... ](*,)
bro, not sure what is the actual problem... I am at a lost.. this is one for the x-files. There isn't much I can think of except the following:-

1. Is your iPhone jail-broken? Some members have mentioned that they cannot up-date the maps if their iPhones are not jb.
2. You may need to re-set the octal permission.

As for the files, some have said you need to re-name 5, some say 3, it is more of trial and error thingy.. the Sstandard is typo but it doesn't affect the navigation as far as I aware.

J2EE

Postby J2EE » Tue May 17, 2011 5:18 pm

aikliang wrote:bro, not sure what is the actual problem... I am at a lost.. this is one for the x-files. There isn't much I can think of except the following:-

1. Is your iPhone jail-broken? Some members have mentioned that they cannot up-date the maps if their iPhones are not jb.
2. You may need to re-set the octal permission.

As for the files, some have said you need to re-name 5, some say 3, it is more of trial and error thingy.. the Sstandard is typo but it doesn't affect the navigation as far as I aware.

1. Yes, Jail-broken, running Green Poison
2. How do you reset the octal permission, and is this one of the causes?

Hope that it's not too troublesome. I can also still live on my Garmin 1350 and my OBU Papago.

Cheers and :tq:

Garmin Nuvi 1350
M8 Papago on iPhone 3GS

Return to “GPS on Mobile Phones & PDAs”