Papago M6/M7/M8 for iPhone & iPod Touch

Discussions and information on mobile devices with integrated GPS chipset

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS in mobile devices only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Papago M6/M7/M8 for iPhone & iPod Touch

Postby antyong (retired) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:42 am

Dear iphone users,

I was informed that the Papago M6 for iphone (MY/SG) is now available from App Store. There are two versions:
Papago4iphone.png

Map Updates
Official map updates will be done by Maction themselves due to the need to pass Apple's application testing process for each updates. If you know how to update the maps yourself however, use MFM-Papago Cxxxxxx maps and select "Papago X5 for Android".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

arthurtoo

Re: Papago M6 for iPhone

Postby arthurtoo » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:14 am

hi antyong,

may i know what will be the major difference between the MFM updated maps compared to the ones by maction?

any idea how often will Maction update their maps? as i've been following MFM maps for garmin and i'm really happy with MFM.

i wonder if they support english as well? so far the screenies all show mandarin, and it's not stated anywhere on their website regarding english.

chew85
Location: PJ, Selangor (nüvi® 205, nüvi® 1350, PAPAGO! X5 iPhone)

Postby chew85 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:37 am

is so unfair... TAIWAN version is just USD9.99! Feel like discrimination~!

arthurtoo

Postby arthurtoo » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:25 pm

chew85 wrote:is so unfair... TAIWAN version is just USD9.99! Feel like discrimination~!

this is the way it should be ma :) made in taiwan, so taiwanese get cheaper.

not like Proton, cheaper in other countries, more expensive in malaysia....lol

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Postby antyong (retired) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:34 pm

arthurtoo wrote:hi antyong,

may i know what will be the major difference between the MFM updated maps compared to the ones by maction?

any idea how often will Maction update their maps? as i've been following MFM maps for garmin and i'm really happy with MFM.

i wonder if they support english as well? so far the screenies all show mandarin, and it's not stated anywhere on their website regarding english.

Difference is that are no regular map updates. Updates are dependent on software fixes. Whenever there is a new software release, Maction will grab the latest MFM-Papago for Android map from MFM and bundle it with the latest M6 (SG/MY) release.

If you are able to "open" you iPhone like chew85, you can update the map yourself and enjoy regular map updates :)

arthurtoo

Postby arthurtoo » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:42 pm

antyong wrote:
arthurtoo wrote:hi antyong,

Difference is that are no regular map updates. Updates are dependent on software fixes. Whenever there is a new software release, Maction will grab the latest MFM-Papago for Android map from MFM and bundle it with the latest M6 (SG/MY) release.

If you are able to "open" you iPhone like chew85, you can update the map yourself and enjoy regular map updates :)

hey antyong,

thanks for the detailed explanation. since ssh-ing into iphone is not a problem for me, guess i'll continue and stick with MFM.

gan batte!!! and thanks for all the effort so far.

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Postby antyong (retired) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:56 pm

chew85 wrote:is so unfair... TAIWAN version is just USD9.99! Feel like discrimination~!

Just wondering aloud. Why not buy Taiwan version for US$9.99 and....... :-k :-k :-k

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Postby antyong (retired) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:12 pm

I have some promotion codes for Papago M6 to share with mappers and contributors. Please PM me if you need one. Priority will be given to senior mappers and regional mappers :)

jackdon

Postby jackdon » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:14 pm

antyong wrote:

Just wondering aloud. Why not buy Taiwan version for US$9.99 and....... :-k :-k :-k

Hi Antyong,

The regular update from malfreemaps here support junction view also is it. I am considering either the pro or standard version.

jackdon.

arthurtoo

Postby arthurtoo » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:23 pm

antyong wrote:

the only reason i can think is that because the MY/SG versions can support english? but if it's not supporting english, then i think might as well just buy the taiwan version for USD9.99 and then update it with MFM maps :)

Return to “GPS on Mobile Phones & PDAs”