Garmin-Asus nüvifon A10

Discussions and information on mobile devices with integrated GPS chipset

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS in mobile devices only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
corrochan

Re: Garmin Nuvifon A10

Postby corrochan » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:39 pm

Pel wrote:For those in Singapore looking at this phone, there is another option in the A50, which will be launched very shortly...
http://www.hardwarezone.com/tech-news/view/87858
A bit strange that A10 was launched earlier than the A50, which was announced way much earlier.
But anyway, besides having a smaller screen, the A10 seems to be the better choice. .

Hi Pel, I'm new to Garmin-Asus phones. Can you help me understand why you think A10 is a better choice than A50 pls? Esp. when the former has a smaller screen?

Any folks who knows can chip in too. Thanks.

corrochan

Postby corrochan » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:46 pm

multi888 wrote:
wearwolf wrote:Anybody found a way to root the A10 yet?
Got this stoopid VRINGO software that's getting on my nerves.....

You can try using zroot or superuser apps. Have rooted mine... :mrgreen:

Hi, another stupid qns from me. What does it mean to "root the A10"? Does A50 has this? What benefit is this?

I also read this at last part in http://www.shahz.net/android/garmin-asu ... ment-11340
Cannot understand.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Howto replace Garmin-Asus map with mfm's map?

Postby silverbeauty » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:16 pm

Garmin Asis A50 Manual Page 101
You have to navigate the menu to find it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

terry_ng80

Re: Howto replace Garmin-Asus map with mfm's map?

Postby terry_ng80 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:50 pm

silverbeauty wrote:Garmin Asis A50 Manual Page 101
You have to navigate the menu to find it

haha thanks alot
i got it
Happy new year for all

multi888

Postby multi888 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:06 pm

corrochan wrote:
multi888 wrote:
wearwolf wrote:Anybody found a way to root the A10 yet?
Got this stoopid VRINGO software that's getting on my nerves.....

You can try using zroot or superuser apps. Have rooted mine... :mrgreen:

Hi, another stupid qns from me. What does it mean to "root the A10"? Does A50 has this? What benefit is this?

I also read this at last part in http://www.shahz.net/android/garmin-asu ... ment-11340
Cannot understand.

Rooting means "Jailbreaking" which give access/permission to system file and folder. Certain apps needed it to access this files in order to perform certain task.

multi888

Postby multi888 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:08 pm

corrochan wrote:
Pel wrote:For those in Singapore looking at this phone, there is another option in the A50, which will be launched very shortly...
http://www.hardwarezone.com/tech-news/view/87858
A bit strange that A10 was launched earlier than the A50, which was announced way much earlier.
But anyway, besides having a smaller screen, the A10 seems to be the better choice. .

Hi Pel, I'm new to Garmin-Asus phones. Can you help me understand why you think A10 is a better choice than A50 pls? Esp. when the former has a smaller screen?

Any folks who knows can chip in too. Thanks.

In term of Spec....A10 a better choice.
In term of screen size....A50 a better choice.

At the end of the day....its your choice. :thumbsup:

The_Flin

Re: Garmin-Asus A10 compatibility ...

Postby The_Flin » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:34 pm

vash_h wrote:its simple.. because your friend's default gps application is nokia maps, and google maps on the 2nd case.

for nokia 5800 you can change the default application to garmin, somewhere is settings. forgot where but i did it before when i was using nokia 5800..

Rephrase my problem again...
the sms message that sent from my Garmin-Asus phone is an URL, not coordinates points...
i think that's why it activate MAPS instead of the Mobile XT in my Nokia 5800...
anybody knows how to send the "Send Location" or "Request Location" sms from Garmin-Asus A10??
help help.. :-? :-? :ko:

pcd89

Postby pcd89 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:14 am

guys, does anybody know how to disable auto-zoom on a10? :-?

Ammotyr

Postby Ammotyr » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:46 am

iwanpunyer wrote:Hi, just bought A10 last sunday. Already load mfm map & mfm custom poi in sd card:garmin folder. Prob now when I approach speed trap area or school zone, no audio notification sound alert. Only the poi sign appear on the map. Anybody know how to make the audio notification sound. Thanks in advan & appreciate ur help

I have this same problem, any sifu can advise?
POI sign appear on the map, but no sound ....
Driving where got time to keep on checking my GPS for POI ....

zamad
Valued Contributor

Postby zamad » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:47 am

Ammotyr wrote:
iwanpunyer wrote:Hi, just bought A10 last sunday. Already load mfm map & mfm custom poi in sd card:garmin folder. Prob now when I approach speed trap area or school zone, no audio notification sound alert. Only the poi sign appear on the map. Anybody know how to make the audio notification sound. Thanks in advan & appreciate ur help

I have this same problem, any sifu can advise?
POI sign appear on the map, but no sound ....
Driving where got time to keep on checking my GPS for POI ....

The A10 will not play the audio alerts for the CPOIs, and I've tried CPOIs using MP3 and WAV formats. Only garmin-asus can help solve this problem since this is firmware issue, but I'm not too optimistic on them releasing any software updates because their partnership was dissolved quite recently. ](*,)
mfm : magnificent free maps
Garmin nüvi 2575RLM v2.80, Garmin 60CSx v4.00, Garmin nüvi 205W(patched), Papago R5800 X8.5, Qstarz Q1000P (Datalogger)
Retired: GMXT Palm T|X, nuvifone A10 v5.0.77, Garmin-Asus G60 v2.43, GPSlim236 (Datalogger)

Return to “GPS on Mobile Phones & PDAs”