Garmin StreetPilot for iPhone

Discussions and information on mobile devices with integrated GPS chipset

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS in mobile devices only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
Inggo
Contributor
Location: N04'37.399"E103'12.484" MyGPS,Nuvi,PapagoX2/X3/X5 Mapking, I-GO, GarminXT GoSPEED

Re: Street Pilot - Garmin for Iphone release

Postby Inggo » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:32 pm

then going mortgage your phone in pawn..
to pay bill :lol:
...maybe the -m'force'm- will be with you, always.. :peace:
:mrgreen: Skywalker

vash_h

Postby vash_h » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:34 pm

Inggo wrote:then going mortgage your phone in pawn..
to pay bill :lol:

mortgage ur phone might not be enough.. :lol:
<-My Blog: HaroldChia.com->
<-MFM MAPS + Garmin Nuvi 50LM + Papago Z1 + Garmin Nuvi 205w + Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 ->

keong8260
Regional Mapper
Location: Alor Setar (60CSx, Nuvi, Papago, Polnav, Galactio, Compass, Parang, Gun)

Postby keong8260 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:29 pm

And I think the online map is only for US and Canada... Europe coming soon!

By the way, Papago M8 Pro for SG/MY is a good consideration for iPhone.

ysloy

Re: StreetPilot for iPhone

Postby ysloy » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:56 am

Just read that the latest update enable the user to read larger stored map on the phone to be use offline. It seem that even the first release has already the feature.. Anyone here really had experience that or all hear-say?

keong8260
Regional Mapper
Location: Alor Setar (60CSx, Nuvi, Papago, Polnav, Galactio, Compass, Parang, Gun)

Postby keong8260 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:17 am

ysloy wrote:Just read that the latest update enable the user to read larger stored map on the phone to be use offline. It seem that even the first release has already the feature.. Anyone here really had experience that or all hear-say?

All the source point out that the map is online map only. What is your source from and how to install the offline map into the iPhone?

ysloy

Postby ysloy » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:22 pm

I really have no idea how to install the map. I read in the itune store: "Garmin Streetpilot stores map data on your device so you can continue to view route details as you travel in and out of coverage area" and "New in this version: larger map data storage capacity".. Not sure how is this thing working..

keong8260
Regional Mapper

Postby keong8260 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:31 pm

ysloy wrote:I really have no idea how to install the map. I read in the itune store: "Garmin Streetpilot stores map data on your device so you can continue to view route details as you travel in and out of coverage area" and "New in this version: larger map data storage capacity".. Not sure how is this thing working..

And Garmin Streetpilot don't available in iTunes Malaysian page.

ysloy

Postby ysloy » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:04 pm

Yup. Was actually thinking of getting it from the US itune and store MFM map in it.. Looks like not going to happen.. :-(
BYW, if I get an iPhone, is there a reliable program that can run on it and can take MFM maps?

keong8260
Regional Mapper

Postby keong8260 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:44 pm

ysloy wrote:Yup. Was actually thinking of getting it from the US itune and store MFM map in it.. Looks like not going to happen.. :-(
BYW, if I get an iPhone, is there a reliable program that can run on it and can take MFM maps?

Papago M8 Pro SG/MY

aikliang
Contributor

Postby aikliang » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:24 pm

keong8260 wrote:
ysloy wrote:I really have no idea how to install the map. I read in the itune store: "Garmin Streetpilot stores map data on your device so you can continue to view route details as you travel in and out of coverage area" and "New in this version: larger map data storage capacity".. Not sure how is this thing working..

And Garmin Streetpilot don't available in iTunes Malaysian page.
actually you can trick iTunes into thinking that you are in the US, which I use to download apps from iTunes there. The only downsides are that (1) I can only downloads free apps (2) when the apps is up-dated, I have to log into that country iTunes to download the up-dates and sync my iPhone.

follow this link. I am not sure if it is still workable but you can try:-

http://www.labnol.org/software/install- ... ore/13523/
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2534

Note:- you can't purchase any apps unless your credit card is issued from that country and you have a local address of that country
It is not the mountain that we conquer but ourselves - Edmund Hilary

Return to “GPS on Mobile Phones & PDAs”