Unusual routing from/to Kelantan

Organize, plan, exchange ideas, debate our mapping project.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about current MFM projects or propose new projects only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
Shaharuddin

Re: Unusual routing from/to Kelantan

Postby Shaharuddin » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:20 am

Dear Bro Sunn

After the experience I had thought of that too.. thus, when I was returning home, I had checked the 'Unpaved Road' option. What happened was, although I was using Route 196, the message 'Unable to Calculate Route' appeared. The magenta strip was also missing. I stopped by the roadside and I unchecked the option. The Unit immediately re-caluculate the journey. The magenta strip also re-appeared.

Very unfortunately, I do not know how to plot the route and upload it in the mapsource. I certainly want to share my journey but I do not want others to experience my unforgettable scarying moments because they might not be so lucky. I now felt that God had let me live so that I can narrate what had happened so that other members will be more alert. Probably the Senior Mappers can do something like alleviating the routes that I had taken to a safer one. Or maybe there are other similar risky routes (those that will require crossing of bridges, perhaps) that need to be re-tracked.

To be adventurous is indeed fun, Bro Tuah. But I don't think I would want to back-tracked to that route. It was very unnerving. Even if someone offer to pay me RM100,000 for it.

Lastly, I hope Sis antyong will read my posting. Or maybe someone can let her know.

[-o<

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:48 am

Shaharuddin wrote:Lastly, I hope Sis antyong will read my posting. Or maybe someone can let her know.

[-o<

Haha... Antyong is actually Anthony Yong not Aunty Ong. :mrgreen:
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

Zeus73

Postby Zeus73 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:53 am

dvpro wrote:
Shaharuddin wrote:Lastly, I hope Sis antyong will read my posting. Or maybe someone can let her know.

[-o<

Haha... Antyong is actually Anthony Yong not Aunty Ong. :mrgreen:

His user avatar is causing confusion too. :lol:

sakura
Contributor

Postby sakura » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:10 pm

When to Kuala Terengganu last week.

Start: Kuala Kangsar
Via: Gerik, Lebuhraya Timur Barat, Jeli
Destination: Kuala Terengganu

Device: Mobile XT
Maps: MFM-Garmin 100419 & MFM-Garmin 100419 Lite

Both version shows: UNABLE TO CALCULATE ROUTE

Solution: Use Malsingmaps v3.03, ok.

I hope MFM can look at this situation.
There are no problem to calculate this route in Mapsource.

Thank you.
Current Project Area: Offline
...she stood there in the shadows and waited for me...

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:13 pm

sakura wrote:...
I hope MFM can look at this situation.
There are no problem to calculate this route in Mapsource.

viewtopic.php?p=104160#p104160
dvpro wrote:Guys, please be informed that there is still no solution for this issue which (as far as I know) only affects GMXT and older Nuvi2x0, Nuvi7x0, etc.
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

zuree
Valued Contributor

Postby zuree » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:54 pm

sunn wrote:Bro Shaharuddin,

Sorry to here of your bad experience. Would be best if you could plot the route in mapsource and upload the gdb file so that we can take a look at it.

Further, did you checked avoid unpaved roads in the avoidance setups.

Regards

Bro sunn,
on behalf bro shaharuddin bad exprerience. From waypoint 'Perdana Beach Resort' to 'Pizza Hut Pengkalan Chepa'
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sunn
Senior Mapper
Location: Shah Alam (HP4150 & SIRF3 BT, HP6515, Etrex Legend HCX, Omnia i900 16GB, Samsung Note 2, Ipad 2

Postby sunn » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:42 pm

zuree wrote:

Sorry to here of your bad experience. Would be best if you could plot the route in mapsource and upload the gdb file so that we can take a look at it.

Regards

Bro sunn,
on behalf bro shaharuddin bad exprerience. From waypoint 'Perdana Beach Resort' to 'Pizza Hut Pengkalan Chepa'

Bro,

Can you included the correct route too?

Regards
It is a merit to forgive others:
The more we forgive the more merit we collect.

(Upload your contribution to MFM drop box if you don't want others to take your contributed tracklogs or POIs. )

zuree
Valued Contributor

Postby zuree » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:54 pm

sunn wrote:
zuree wrote:

Regards

Bro sunn,

Bro,

Can you included the correct route too?

Regards

i try my best and i think this is the best route..will double check if go to Perdana Beach Resort. :thumbsup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

More Deneiro

Postby More Deneiro » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:54 pm

I was returning from Fraser's Hill to Subang Jaya over last weekend and my Nuvi 1300 was selected "faster route".
It calculated and told me use Kampung route that is going through Hulu Selangor/Ampang to Gombak.

I think the faster way is still to use Karak Highway/Duke/NKVE option. Is it my Device or the map? BTW, I have no avoidance selected on the Nuvi at that time.

sHawTY
Contributor

Postby sHawTY » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:51 am

Somehow, there's a problem in calculating route from Taman TTDI Jaya Shah Alam Selangor to Kampung Bukit Bunga Tanah Merah Kelantan.
I've tried using both Garmin Mobile XT & PaPaGO X5 [Windows Mobile].
Both shows unable to calculate route.

End up using Nav & Go iGO 8 instead. Coz it has no problem showing the route.
Nav & Go iGO 8 showed three roads to choose from which is Grik Route, Karak Route & Cameron Highlands Route.

Somehow both Garmin Mobile XT & PaPaGO X5 is unable to show all three routes.
Not sure what the problem is because I am already using the latest map released by MFM.

At first I've followed MFM suggestion to enable U-Turn in Garmin, still no help.
Then I've tried enabling all routing options, still no help.

Any ideas?

Return to “Project Room”