Unable to connect GPS with Papago X5

Organize, plan, exchange ideas, debate our mapping project.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about current MFM projects or propose new projects only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
chao90

Unable to connect GPS with Papago X5

Postby chao90 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:43 am

Hi,

I'm new here. I just installed the Papago X5 on my SE X10i and got problem to connect to the GPS. I have started the Papago X5 for more than 15 mins, GPS is not connected, because of this, i'm unable to do my navigation outdoor. Any suggestion to solve this?

Inggo
Contributor
Location: N04'37.399"E103'12.484" MyGPS,Nuvi,PapagoX2/X3/X5 Mapking, I-GO, GarminXT GoSPEED

Re: Unable to connect GPS with Papago X5

Postby Inggo » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:50 am

chao90 wrote:Hi,

I'm new here. I just installed the Papago X5 on my SE X10i and got problem to connect to the GPS. I have started the Papago X5 for more than 15 mins, GPS is not connected, because of this, i'm unable to do my navigation outdoor. Any suggestion to solve this?

may I know, where do you get papago X5?
Papago needs serial com port to NMEA communication with GPS chipset,
so, There are many versions com port papago.
if you buy from M3Asia distributor, ask them to get correct version of communication port's papago.
...maybe the -m'force'm- will be with you, always.. :peace:
:mrgreen: Skywalker

zeevon
Contributor

Re: Unable to connect GPS with Papago X5

Postby zeevon » Thu May 19, 2011 9:29 pm

chao90 wrote:Hi,

I've install Papago X5 on my SE X10 mini pro, no problem at all. You can check your GPS status by installing some application from android market, i.e GPS status. If the gps status is ok, but papago X5 still cannot lock satellite signal, the papago x5 you install maybe corrupted.
9W2ZW

Return to “Project Room”