MFM polygon project

Organize, plan, exchange ideas, debate our mapping project.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about current MFM projects or propose new projects only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
sabelt
Polygon Mapper

Re: MFM polygon project

Postby sabelt » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:35 am

GHz wrote:
Bro sabelt,

I already PM Antyong a few days back & until now still no response from him :( . Maybe he busy. Can you help me on the tile for the area of,

1. Taman Bukit Subang & Denai Alam
2. Temerloh & Mentakab in Pahang.

Very eager to do it now. :thumbsup:

Could you submit me your mp file of your submitted polygon? I'll try to compile them up for next release.

Avoid upload the whole KL-S maptile as it may take a longer process to for me to download your file. Remember, I may only need your custom ones and try not to overlap with the current MFM poly as it would affect the display on the unit and mapsource.

I always use MFM tile in mapedit for benchmark purposes to avoid any duplications.

GHz
Polygon Mapper

Postby GHz » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:08 am

sabelt wrote:Here's useful basic fundamentals for starters who wanted to create polygons around their area.

http://cgpsmapper.com/download/Creating ... 20data.pdf

Ghz: Which area that confuse you? I might be willing to help you out

I need a smaller tiles for

2. Temerloh & Mentakab in Pahang

after this I can start doing it
Last edited by GHz on Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://1-million-dollar-blog.com/

GHz
Polygon Mapper

Postby GHz » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:17 am

sabelt wrote:
GHz wrote:
Bro sabelt,

I already PM Antyong a few days back & until now still no response from him :( . Maybe he busy. Can you help me on the tile for the area of,

Could you submit me your mp file of your submitted polygon? I'll try to compile them up for next release.

Avoid upload the whole KL-S maptile as it may take a longer process to for me to download your file. Remember, I may only need your custom ones and try not to overlap with the current MFM poly as it would affect the display on the unit and mapsource.

I always use MFM tile in mapedit for benchmark purposes to avoid any duplications.

As of now I do not have any smaller tiles for my chosen areas so not able to submit any mp files.
http://1-million-dollar-blog.com/

sabelt
Polygon Mapper

Postby sabelt » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:26 pm

GHz wrote:
sabelt wrote:
GHz wrote:
Bro sabelt,

As of now I do not have any smaller tiles for my chosen areas so not able to submit any mp files.

You've got PM :$gone:

koi
Polygon Mapper

Postby koi » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:38 pm

All, I have been doing some polygon mapping and noted there are existing polygons which was created some time ago which we don't have the overlay of Google Map in GMapEdit. There is new updates in Google Map and improved accuracy over the long created polygons. I have question on whether we should have layers on the MP like I noticed what bro antyong is doing on the POI project similar for Polygon. This could be closely link to the Non-Road Maps discussion. I believe the current mappers contribution to the polygons are being added for compilation into MFM map, but how do we treat the existing polygons in the current road map? Do we remove them all together and move them over to the individual polygon section or is there other means to address them? Please advise. :-?

:tq:

tympg
Senior Mapper

Postby tympg » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:16 am

koi wrote:All, I have been doing some polygon mapping and noted there are existing polygons which was created some time ago which we don't have the overlay of Google Map in GMapEdit. There is new updates in Google Map and improved accuracy over the long created polygons. I have question on whether we should have layers on the MP like I noticed what bro antyong is doing on the POI project similar for Polygon. This could be closely link to the Non-Road Maps discussion. I believe the current mappers contribution to the polygons are being added for compilation into MFM map, but how do we treat the existing polygons in the current road map? Do we remove them all together and move them over to the individual polygon section or is there other means to address them? Please advise. :-?

I would have thought if the old polygon is in the way, just request the respective mapper to remove it so you can do the new tracing.
Garmin nüvi 2575R; Garmin eTrex Vista HCx; Android 5.0.1 Phone

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Postby antyong (retired) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:34 am

tympg wrote:
koi wrote:All, I have been doing some polygon mapping and noted there are existing polygons which was created some time ago which we don't have the overlay of Google Map in GMapEdit. There is new updates in Google Map and improved accuracy over the long created polygons. I have question on whether we should have layers on the MP like I noticed what bro antyong is doing on the POI project similar for Polygon. This could be closely link to the Non-Road Maps discussion. I believe the current mappers contribution to the polygons are being added for compilation into MFM map, but how do we treat the existing polygons in the current road map? Do we remove them all together and move them over to the individual polygon section or is there other means to address them? Please advise. :-?

I would have thought if the old polygon is in the way, just request the respective mapper to remove it so you can do the new tracing.

Agree. Communication is important. I created the mappers group to facilitate PMs between mappers.

koi
Polygon Mapper

Postby koi » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:41 am

antyong wrote:
tympg wrote:I would have thought if the old polygon is in the way, just request the respective mapper to remove it so you can do the new tracing.

Agree. Communication is important. I created the mappers group to facilitate PMs between mappers.

:tq: folks! :mrgreen:

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Postby antyong (retired) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:39 am

Just a rough guide:

1. Download and register GPSMapedit.

2. Inform me your area of interest. The reason is to ensure that no one is mapping the same area. Also, I can cut out a part of the main map for you as reference. Do not use the map IMG files. They are big in file size and contains existing polygons which will cause duplication later.

3. Start creating polygons. Don't worry about map header and level settings.

4. PM me your first version.

5. I will assign a Map ID to you. Use it to name your mp file.

6. I will also create an ftp account for you to upload your future updates.

7. Continued on from your existing map. Do not start a new map for new polygons.

8. If you are drawing polygons for different cities which falls into different maps, inform me for another Map ID.

9. Ask for guidance from more experienced mappers such as tympg, sabelt, koi and doraemon

tympg
Senior Mapper

Postby tympg » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:27 pm

You know, this thread is getting a bit big. So many things to discuss. Maybe MFM Polygon Project needs its own directory and then we can have different sub-threads within this directory...
Garmin nüvi 2575R; Garmin eTrex Vista HCx; Android 5.0.1 Phone

Return to “Project Room”