MFM polygon project

Organize, plan, exchange ideas, debate our mapping project.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about current MFM projects or propose new projects only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
koi
Polygon Mapper

Re: MFM polygon project

Postby koi » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:53 pm

tympg wrote:You know, this thread is getting a bit big. So many things to discuss. Maybe MFM Polygon Project needs its own directory and then we can have different sub-threads within this directory...

Yes, I agreed on this.

In fact, I am putting my polygons mapping only to houses now based on what I do. I will leave those grey areas until we clear them out. In short, I am slowing down a little now. :frus:

In general, I would suggest that we have standard (but not compliance) for new folks like me. It will be difficult and discouraging for folks (old bird - "lau chiau" :lol: ) to go back and change all the hardwork that was done earlier by mappers. Polygons are nice to have as it provide a "size-up" for viewers on the GPSr. If there is no strong discouragement, let's keep what we have from the mappers and move up with the "new" agreed standard or whatever it is coming up. This should be for fun and felt like taxing to us, right? :mrgreen: We can always get back to those if we want when we are in a little good mood! I am sure mappers are well organized folks which is a little weird from the normal folks... :finga:

Let's keep up the good work! :tease:

:rox:

kalam
Polygon Mapper

Postby kalam » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:18 pm

Progress on my area 68000070.mp so far.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tympg
Senior Mapper

Postby tympg » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:54 am

kalam wrote:Progress on my area 68000070.mp so far.

Looks good! :thumbsup:
Garmin nüvi 2575R; Garmin eTrex Vista HCx; Android 5.0.1 Phone

sabelt
Polygon Mapper

Postby sabelt » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:22 pm

Pasir ris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Postby antyong (retired) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:48 pm

I moved this thread temporary to the Standards sub-forum so that tympg can split out the relevant discussions on polygon standards.

snail-works
Valued Contributor

Postby snail-works » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:05 pm

I'm drawing polygons for the Ang Mo Kio Central and done it now.

My question is I should draw the polygons directly in the MFM Singapore img. or draw in the blank page? Currently i draw in a blank page, but after done my drawing i add in the MFM singapore img. file for viewing, found that some of the road will cross my polygon. Hope the gurus here can advise me what to do.

Thanks.
Lost in contour lines, my waterfalls diary ~ www.waterfallquest.jimdo.com ~

kalam
Polygon Mapper

Postby kalam » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:50 pm

snail-works wrote:I'm drawing polygons for the Ang Mo Kio Central and done it now.

My question is I should draw the polygons directly in the MFM Singapore img. or draw in the blank page? Currently i draw in a blank page, but after done my drawing i add in the MFM singapore img. file for viewing, found that some of the road will cross my polygon. Hope the gurus here can advise me what to do.

Thanks.

Draw on a blank screen as your attachment and pm antyong for the mapid. Follow Antyong guide
viewtopic.php?p=4126#p4126

snail-works
Valued Contributor

Postby snail-works » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:57 pm

Thanks, Kalam.

Anyway, i had attached the mp. file at the previous thread.
Lost in contour lines, my waterfalls diary ~ www.waterfallquest.jimdo.com ~

tympg
Senior Mapper

Postby tympg » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:47 pm

snail-works wrote:I'm drawing polygons for the Ang Mo Kio Central and done it now.

My question is I should draw the polygons directly in the MFM Singapore img. or draw in the blank page? Currently i draw in a blank page, but after done my drawing i add in the MFM singapore img. file for viewing, found that some of the road will cross my polygon.

Maybe you could copy some of the elements (road polylines) from the official map IMG file and paste them onto your working MP file. Use those copied roads to help adjust the Google Maps offset and you can then proceed to draw/shift your polygons accordingly. When you're done, you can delete all those copied roads and submit just your polygons.
Garmin nüvi 2575R; Garmin eTrex Vista HCx; Android 5.0.1 Phone

WeiQi00
Polygon Mapper

Postby WeiQi00 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:52 pm

:thumbsup: Today...
After Read through "Mapping Guideline & Standards Discussion", And Follow the instrustion from Sifu Anthony.
Today Spent half an hour to draw the Polygon at my place.
Dear Mapper, don't know whether my contribution is eligible. Please give some advice. Thanks.
Attach with my parttime polygon project mp file.
Please go to Position N1°29.076' E103°39.161' in case fail to get my Polygon draw.
And Also please correct me if I am wrong and Please give some comment.
Thanks in advance.
If my mp file is eligible, I will try to complete my area.
Last edited by WeiQi00 on Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:thumbsup:Our maps are FREE but we need funds to keep this site going. Please support our HOSTING FUND =D> =D> =D>
Thanks for your support. :tq:

Return to “Project Room”