toll avoidance

Organize, plan, exchange ideas, debate our mapping project.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about current MFM projects or propose new projects only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
kimmchii

toll avoidance

Postby kimmchii » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:10 pm

i like to use this toll avoidance feature in my garmin but due to the "green" expressway classification in mfm, garmin avoids it completely even the toll free section of the expressway.

example 1:

north-south expressway, from juru toll to sungai dua toll is toll free.
but due to its' green expressway status garmin avoid this section with toll avoidance option checked.

example 2:

after toll lunas this whole section is toll free:

with toll avoidance option checked in garmin, it takes me one big round just to avoid this toll free section expressway unnecessarily.

example 3:

penang bridge should not be labeled as toll expressway as there is no other way to get to penang when the toll avoidance option is checked. crossing via the ferry cost more than the bridge.

pls consider changing all the toll free sections in the expressway to other color so gps devices can use them when toll avoidance option is checked.

unless mfm wants the toll owners PLUS and others to get richer.

thank you.

OngCC
Senior Mapper

Re: toll avoidance

Postby OngCC » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:43 pm

1. Already toll free, but still depends on where you enter the expressway.

2 & 3 changed to toll free.
Upload your contribution to MFM drop box if you don't want others to take your contributed tracklogs or POIs.
http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11630

alharis299
Champion Polygon Mapper
Champion Polygon Mapper

Postby alharis299 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:11 am

kimmchii wrote:i like to use this toll avoidance feature in my garmin but due to the "green" expressway classification in mfm, garmin avoids it completely even the toll free section of the expressway.

example 1:

north-south expressway, from juru toll to sungai dua toll is toll free.
but due to its' green expressway status garmin avoid this section with toll avoidance option checked.

example 2:

after toll lunas this whole section is toll free:

with toll avoidance option checked in garmin, it takes me one big round just to avoid this toll free section expressway unnecessarily.

example 3:

penang bridge should not be labeled as toll expressway as there is no other way to get to penang when the toll avoidance option is checked. crossing via the ferry cost more than the bridge.

pls consider changing all the toll free sections in the expressway to other color so gps devices can use them when toll avoidance option is checked.

unless mfm wants the toll owners PLUS and others to get richer.

thank you.

Bro OngCC, example 3 should not be labelled as toll free expressway, because we must pay toll thru Penang Bridge, if this guy dont want to pay toll, he cannot go thru bridge and sure he must take ferry eventhough RM0.70 higher but if he set Avoidance / Ferry and sure he can't go to Penang Island for free.

Bro OngCC - You can't set Toll Expressway to Toll Free Expressway

:peace:

:rox:

kimmchii

Postby kimmchii » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:58 am

OngCC wrote:1. Already toll free, but still depends on where you enter the expressway.

thanks for pointing out, glad to know that it is already set as toll free.

thank you.

alharis299 wrote:
Bro OngCC, example 3 should not be labelled as toll free expressway, because we must pay toll thru Penang Bridge, if this guy dont want to pay toll, he cannot go thru bridge and sure he must take ferry eventhough RM0.70 higher but if he set Avoidance / Ferry and sure he can't go to Penang Island for free.

may i know your reason why you want the penang bridge to remain as Toll Expressway? would changing it to Toll Free Expressway affect your route preference/efficiency to penang in any way? please answer this question. thank you.

for me it does affect my route to penang greatly.

when i set both Avoidance / Ferry and Toll Road,

garmin avoids the penang bridge at all cost and route thru the ferry, which cost more money and much slower, in other word garmin gives me a less efficient route.

alharis299
Champion Polygon Mapper
Champion Polygon Mapper

Postby alharis299 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:25 am

kimmchii wrote:
OngCC wrote:1. Already toll free, but still depends on where you enter the expressway.

thanks for pointing out, glad to know that it is already set as toll free.

thank you.

alharis299 wrote:

may i know your reason why you want the penang bridge to remain as Toll Expressway? would changing it to Toll Free Expressway affect your route preference/efficiency to penang in any way? please answer this question. thank you.

for me it does affect my route to penang greatly.

when i set both Avoidance / Ferry and Toll Road,

garmin avoids the penang bridge at all cost and route thru the ferry, which cost more money and much slower, in other word garmin gives me a less efficient route.

Answer: Penang Brige = Toll Expressway

kimmchii

Postby kimmchii » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:45 pm

pls add this one too, after toll jitra, to bukit kayu hitam is toll free. now garmin try to avoid it if avoidance/toll is enabled.

thank you.

kimmchii

Postby kimmchii » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:47 pm

this one too, the beginning of B.K.E

see garmin avoids it.

Done! 375 - OngCC

thanks. -kimmchii

wblee

Postby wblee » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:29 pm

would like to raise the rounting issue again.
from Jalan sultan Ismail to Kampung Pandan by flyover is toll free. but routing are different when toll avoidance is set.
Please check.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Project Room”