Unusual routing from/to Kelantan

Organize, plan, exchange ideas, debate our mapping project.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about current MFM projects or propose new projects only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
joepyare

Re: Unusual routing from/to Kelantan

Postby joepyare » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:03 pm

i alway using the garmin on my nokia n86. there is no problem.. i'm using garmin mobile xt 5.00.50

adieputra

Postby adieputra » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:50 pm

me also have this "Unable to calculate route to destination" problem. i'm using the Nuvi 760 and try to navigate from nibong tebal to Uitm machang.

however i manage to solve this problem already. the solution is try to update your gmapbmap.img file to newer version. my garmin works perfect after doing this..

:peace:
mfm - Assurance To My Destination

zuree
Valued Contributor

Postby zuree » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:21 am

adieputra wrote:me also have this "Unable to calculate route to destination" problem. i'm using the Nuvi 760 and try to navigate from nibong tebal to Uitm machang.

however i manage to solve this problem already. the solution is try to update your gmapbmap.img file to newer version. my garmin works perfect after doing this..

haa this is new thing for me =P~ .me too encounter this problem before from Batu Gajah, Perak to Melor, Kota Bharu,Kelantan and feedback to MFM. i've been told that all older nuvi 200w got same problem "Unable to calculate route to destination".bro where to get the latest gmapbmap.img file =P~ will try your method

fahroe

Postby fahroe » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:19 am

Hi there,

Encountered route calculation issues during my last trip to KB last week. Am using Garmin GPSMap 276c, and map version 101108. Only able to get the route after passing Kuantan area. Prior to that from KL (Segambut), my device keep telling route error.

Any ideas?

PaRoe
Thank you and 73 de
Fahroe Ibrahim 9W2BBS

sakura
Contributor

Postby sakura » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:22 pm

adieputra wrote:me also have this "Unable to calculate route to destination" problem. i'm using the Nuvi 760 and try to navigate from nibong tebal to Uitm machang.

U update from which version to which version bro?
As I know only one version, 4.xx.xx (April 19, 2007). Any newer than this?
Current Project Area: Offline
...she stood there in the shadows and waited for me...

zuree
Valued Contributor

Postby zuree » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:02 pm

sakura wrote:

U update from which version to which version bro?
As I know only one version, 4.xx.xx (April 19, 2007). Any newer than this?

i using nuvi 200w and also try to update to the latest gmapbmap but the problem still cannot resolve

fat_miao

Postby fat_miao » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:49 pm

Here's something ... it seen to be bypassing "Bypass Road"

The Machang Bypass Road which is on the Jalan Kuala Krai, from Kota Bharu to Kuala Krai

Everyone will be using this route when traveling to kota bharu via gua musang.
Garmin Mobile XT --> Garmin 205W --> Papago (android) --> Papago 8.5x (Car)

Inggo
Contributor
Location: N04'37.399"E103'12.484" MyGPS,Nuvi,PapagoX2/X3/X5 Mapking, I-GO, GarminXT GoSPEED

Postby Inggo » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:02 pm

fat_miao wrote:Here's something ... it seen to be bypassing "Bypass Road"

The Machang Bypass Road which is on the Jalan Kuala Krai, from Kota Bharu to Kuala Krai

Everyone will be using this route when traveling to kota bharu via gua musang.

can you send this bypass tracking record someday?..

for nuvi:
viewtopic.php?p=42478#p42478

for papago:
viewtopic.php?p=82838#p82838
viewtopic.php?p=52414#p52414

then send .GPX or .GDB file to forum:
viewforum.php?f=17
...maybe the -m'force'm- will be with you, always.. :peace:
:mrgreen: Skywalker

lazirsuy

Postby lazirsuy » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:21 am

just an info...

before, i use map released on mei/jun, able to calculate route to kelantan from kedah, but not from kelantan to kedah... :ko:
after update map released on julai, now able to calculate route to kelantan from kedah and from kelantan to kedah also... :thumbsup:

joyskc

Postby joyskc » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:05 pm

tanseehua wrote:I have found some routing error on MFM 1.32 till 1.34. i tested on nuvi 200w and 205. From Kota Bharu to KL. the device will select route from KB trought KT, Kuantan to KL...........it strange. and i try KL to Kota Bharu, lagi strance it lead me to NS Highway and exit at Kuala Kangsar exit and use EW highway to Kelantan.

Normal from KL to KB, our route is KL-Bentong-Raub-Lipis-Musang-Krai-Machang-KB (about 480km). but since 1.32 my nuvi never use this route...................hope taiko can check and see see, both Faster Route, shortest distance also tested, both give same result.

u can see the attachment picture it using Via KT-Kuantan route total KM is 585KM, via NS highway via IPOH then EW highway is 540km, is a lot more than normal route via raub gua musang that only about 480km

Return to “Project Room”