Unusual routing from/to Kelantan

Organize, plan, exchange ideas, debate our mapping project.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about current MFM projects or propose new projects only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Re: Unusual routing from/to Kelantan

Postby antyong (retired) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:50 am

Confirm that MXT still generates inaccurate routing from/to Kelantan but Nuvi 205W generates the right route. This is an unusual problem. Will take some time to identify the cause and solution.

zuree
Valued Contributor

Postby zuree » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:37 am

antyong wrote:Confirm that MXT still generates inaccurate routing from/to Kelantan but Nuvi 205W generates the right route. This is an unusual problem. Will take some time to identify the cause and solution.

bro antyong

not only MXT, Nuvi 200w (US model, FW 4.00) also generates inaccurate routing from/to Kelantan. i think i already posted this problem last year..but when i tested on nuvi 205 it generates the right route..donno why bro! weird right!
:( one thing i posted was about routing from Kota bharu, kelantan to Tambun, Perak...untill now (mfm 1.45) it's still unable to calculate the route...BUT when i test on nuvi 205..yes it can calculate the route. no problem at all. Do u think it about FIRMWARE problem? ](*,)

Feins

Postby Feins » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:59 pm

Yesterday i went to Kemaman and notice that it route me through Gebang route but didnt route to KTN Kemaman highway via Bukit Besi junction instate it bring me to the trunk road.
Nuvi 3790
Map 1 MfM
Map 2 MSM
Map 3 Gamin SEA NT ver 4.0
iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4G

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Postby antyong (retired) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:20 pm

Feins wrote:Yesterday i went to Kemaman and notice that it route me through Gebang route but didnt route to KTN Kemaman highway via Bukit Besi junction instate it bring me to the trunk road.

For this problem, just report at the EPM feedback topic. Starting and ending coordinates are appreciated.

fizzy15

Postby fizzy15 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:01 am

hi, im using GXT, still getting unusual route to KB from Bangi. Bangi -> Kuala Kangsar -> KB. same using fastest route and shortest distance. :-? :-? using version 1.46

does anyone using GXT get correct direction? what map version?

tanseehua

Postby tanseehua » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:06 am

tested yesterday, on my nuvi200.........with v1.50, using faster route

also unusual route from KL to KB, KB to KL also. using terengganu kuantan route. still cant solve........

fizzy15

Postby fizzy15 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:53 am

hi, using new version 1.50 with GXT, still route KL-Kuala kangsar-KB, both for fast and short route.

still not solve. :(

tanseehua

Postby tanseehua » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:39 pm

Big issue on v1.51 Lite version on my Nokia N82. now even route from KL to Kuala Krai(Previous vesion route to Kota Bharu only, route to Kuala Krai still using Lipis, Gua Musang route) , also lead me to North Souht Highway and use kuala kangsar, then use east west highway. Just came back from KL yesterday using v1.51 Lite Version on my Nokia N82.

Im on the way from cheras area using MRR2 wanna access to Karak Highway heading back my hometown Kuala Krai. at first i already found my N82 lead me go into NSHighway using Sugai Buluh interchange, sure i not follow it, go into Karak highway, it lead me to UIIM area to made U turn out back to MRR2, i go into tol of Gombak, it calculate ask me to made a u turn after BHP about 7KM a under U turn Tunnel, after that it ask me to go up to Genting Highland ramp to go to Gohtong Jaya ang down to Batang Kali to go in to NSHighway again. after the Genting Sempah Tunnel it only calculate the bentong Route for me..................a big issue of it. for me i know the route no problem. for those who really dunnot route die lo..............hope mapper can look after this problem..........Thank you

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Postby antyong (retired) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:36 pm

This issue is very difficult to solve because everyone is observing different route. For example, simulating with my MXT Symbian and MFM-Lite v1.51:
startE8.png

endkrai.png

MXT recommends the Raub-Lipis-Gua Musang road to Kuala Krai when on Karak Highway before Genting Sempah tunnel. It is different from tanseehua's report.

My Nuvi 205W's standard recommendation from KL to Kuala Krai/Kota Bahru is through NSE then Spg Pulai-Gua Musang, not an unreasonable route though many prefers the Raub route.

Problem for my MXT is still that it routes me through Kuantan if I want to go to KB ](*,) Again, Nuvi 205W and Mapsource route me to KB nicely.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tanseehua

Postby tanseehua » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:06 pm

yes v1.51 lite on my N82 also route me to NSE and use simpang pulai-Cameroon-gua musang route for go Kuala Krai also. that is far than it suppose

Return to “Project Room”