Indication for one-way traffic

Organize, plan, exchange ideas, debate our mapping project.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about current MFM projects or propose new projects only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
ccplim
Valued Contributor

Indication for one-way traffic

Postby ccplim » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:20 pm

I am not sure if this is the correct place to post? Admin please help to move it to the correct forum if I have place it wrongly.

I noticed that for those road with one-way traffic, there isn't seem to be any form of directional indication at the moment (correct me if I am wrong). I was playing around with gpsmapedit yesterday and noticed that they have a function to indicate direction for polylines (see attachment below). I am not sure if this feature can be use to indicate the direction on the map for one-way traffic? Will if affect the routing function?

While this indication might not be truely useful in the auto-routing mode, it will be useful when you are just using your unit as a real-time "streetdirectory" to try and get out of some small alley or navigating around areas with lots of one-way lane (which I tends to use it alot).

I am still very new to all these mapping programs at the moment so this may be something that is out of my knowledge.

Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

edchuang (retired)
Regional Mapper (retired)
Location: Shah Alam (GMXT+i-Blue747 Logger, Holux GPSmile62 Pro)

Re: Indication for one-way traffic

Postby edchuang (retired) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:10 pm

Bro ccplim,

Mappers did use the one way traffic in mapedit. But it is the gps device that never indicate the one way traffic arrow. :)

yc1437

Postby yc1437 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:57 pm

Is that possible to indicate one way in the map ? I mean sometimes we just not setup the navigation route but let the gps device run free & refer to whenever needed
时间存在的惟一理由是,如此才不会所有事情同时发生 - 爱因斯坦

GPS: Nuvi 3790

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Postby antyong (retired) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:32 pm

Garmin doesn't like to show arrows. There is nothing we can do about it :)

sabre23t

Postby sabre23t » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:12 pm

antyong wrote:Garmin doesn't like to show arrows. There is nothing we can do about it :)

What about using another GPSr software that can read Garmin IMG and display arrows for one way road? PTGMap is one. Caveat, it didn't manage to read the whole of MFM Gmapsupp.img though. :-#
4SQ, Waze, GMM, MSM, MFM & OSM ;-}

ccplim
Valued Contributor

Postby ccplim » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:10 am

edchuang wrote:Bro ccplim,

Mappers did use the one way traffic in mapedit. But it is the gps device that never indicate the one way traffic arrow. :)

antyong wrote:Garmin doesn't like to show arrows. There is nothing we can do about it :)

Looks like Mr. G doesn't like to be arrowed...... :lol:

It is really a waste if they don't take in this feature! ](*,)

Return to “Project Room”