POI Alert - Doa Menaiki Kendaraan (for nuvi 2XX).

Organize, plan, exchange ideas, debate our mapping project.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about current MFM projects or propose new projects only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
sobamy
Polygon Mapper

Re: POI Alert - Doa Menaiki Kendaraan (for nuvi 2XX).

Postby sobamy » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:16 pm

kentcp wrote:Sorry, I would like to ask, how if I want to "update" the GDI file ? Example: remove some POI toll plaza that no longer exist ? Use GPSBabel to do the job. Convert GDI to GPX and open in Mapsource to edit and save as GPX again. Then use POILoader to configure and save to GDI file. Voila.. :D

I manage to use some utility to convert the GDI file to CSV, and can see the GPS point and name. However, where is the wav file that suppose with the GDI file ? Where to set the distance of alert before reach the POI ?
When you open the GDI file, WAV and MP3 just fly off. The edited GPX file is to be re-configured in the POILoader program. Trigger points (distance in kph or metres are all in POILoader.) Use a voice converter to type in your message and convert to WAV and MP3. The programs are third party softwares. Google is your best friend. For tutorials, please see post #1.

If this is a sensitive topic, do PM me or I may be let the Mod or admin to update the Toll Plaza cPOI version 2010. :)

Hope this helps...
~~ freely receive ~ freely give ~~

Return to “Project Room”