Thailand Maps Development

Organize, plan, exchange ideas, debate our mapping project.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about current MFM projects or propose new projects only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
KC*
Regional Mapper

Re: Thailand Maps Development

Postby KC* » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:22 am

Just noticed last night that the S Thailand map is up!

Looking really good for a first step. REALLY GOOD!

THREE CHEERS FOR ALL INVOLVED!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

chaicka
Polygon Mapper

Postby chaicka » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:08 am

For Awareness & appreciate removal of images of Google Maps:

Please be sure to understand the Terms of Use.

2. Restrictions on Use. Unless you have received prior written authorization from Google (or, as applicable, from the provider of particular Content), you must not:

(a) access or use the Products or any Content through any technology or means other than those provided in the Products, or through other explicitly authorized means Google may designate (such as through the Google Maps/Google Earth APIs);

(b) copy, translate, modify, or make derivative works of the Content or any part thereof;

(c) redistribute, sublicense, rent, publish, sell, assign, lease, market, transfer, or otherwise make the Products or Content available to third parties;

(d) reverse engineer, decompile or otherwise attempt to extract the source code of the Service or any part thereof, unless this is expressly permitted or required by applicable law;

(e) use the Products in a manner that gives you or any other person access to mass downloads or bulk feeds of any Content, including but not limited to numerical latitude or longitude coordinates, imagery, and visible map data;

(f) delete, obscure, or in any manner alter any warning, notice (including but not limited to any copyright or other proprietary rights notice), or link that appears in the Products or the Content; or

(g) use the Service or Content with any products, systems, or applications for or in connection with (i) real time navigation or route guidance, including but not limited to turn-by-turn route guidance that is synchronized to the position of a user's sensor-enabled device; or (ii) any systems or functions for automatic or autonomous control of vehicle behavior.

4. Content in the Products. Google Maps and Google Earth allow you to access and view a variety of content, including but not limited to photographic imagery, map and terrain data, business listings, reviews, traffic, and other related information provided by Google, its licensors, and its users (the "Content"). Additionally, you may choose to access other third party content made available in the Products through Google services such as Google Gadgets. You understand and agree to the following:

(a) Map data, traffic, directions, and related Content are provided for planning purposes only. You may find that weather conditions, construction projects, closures, or other events may cause road conditions or directions to differ from the map results. You should exercise judgment in your use of this Content.

(b) By using the Products, you do not receive any, and Google and/or its licensors and users retain all ownership rights in the Content. You may not use, access or allow others to use or access the Content in any manner not permitted under the Terms, unless you have been specifically permitted to do so by Google or by the owner of that Content, in a separate agreement.

(c) Certain Content is provided under license from third parties, including but not limited to Tele Atlas B.V. ("Tele Atlas"), and is subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights owned by or licensed to Tele Atlas and/or such third parties. You may be held liable for any unauthorized copying or disclosure of this Content. Your use of Tele Atlas Content, including but not limited to printing or use in marketing or promotional materials, is subject to additional restrictions located in the Legal Notices page.

More terms at the Legal Notices -> http://www.google.com/intl/en-us/help/l ... _maps.html

maxjohn

Postby maxjohn » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:23 am

Hi all Sifu,
Anyone have map for Betong Thailand?

:rox:

alyem
Regional Mapper

Postby alyem » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:29 am

maxjohn wrote:Hi all Sifu,
Anyone have map for Betong Thailand?

Betong map is oledi in our Latest map. But we need you to give us all the information that you can have when you are in Betong.

Road names, POIs, new tracks, etc. etc. etc.. :tq:
73, 9w2yyl
You need the MAP, We need your TRACK

maxjohn

Postby maxjohn » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:03 am

:tq:

KC*
Regional Mapper

Postby KC* » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:46 am

GE does not have high resolution of many parts of Thailand. For such areas, I often look to PointMe (a Thai website) for reference.

http://gw.pointasia.com/pointme3/home.aspx

For those of you who are mapping Thailand, you may find this a useful source of information. For areas that are covered in high resolution by GE, it is still more reliable and clearer.

alyem
Regional Mapper

Postby alyem » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:32 pm

Bro KC.

Thanks for usefull info..
Any English version???

:prayer: :prayer:
73, 9w2yyl
You need the MAP, We need your TRACK

KC*
Regional Mapper

Postby KC* » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:07 pm

Afraid not. Sigh... I dun understand Thai either.

It is tedious to use but since it is georeferenced I use the following steps:

1. print-screen to capture a bmp image
2. Open it in OziExplorer
3. Using corresponding landmarks on the bmp and screen coordinates, I would calibrate the map
4. Save in .map
5. In MapEdit, I'd add the map image, then drag it to fit my tracks / existing polylines (to correct offset)

This was what we used to do previously before MapEdit auto-inserts GE.

Hope this helps.

keong8260
Regional Mapper
Location: Alor Setar (60CSx, Nuvi, Papago, Polnav, Galactio, Compass, Parang, Gun)

Postby keong8260 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:19 pm

Very very useful... thanks KC.
:tq:

JasonLee
Regional Mapper
Location: Penang (Magellan Meridian Color & Garmin Nuvi 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30)

Postby JasonLee » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:37 am

Dear Bro Keong8260,

You have done an incredibly great job mapping Hat Yai. :good: In comparison, my effort on Phuket pales because I have limited track logs and I have used them all and GE is most of the time blocked and besides I have been out of the country quite a bit. Will try to catch up.

My last weekend's trip to Hat Yai was to bring my wife and her friends there to shop and eat so I had hardly any chance to move about with the GPS and besides, all the roads I travelled on, you have already mapped so my track logs can only serve to help you do alignment.

Got just a few POIs not found in your map and the tracks in the attached gdb file.

Cheers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lean not on your own understanding

Return to “Project Room”