Which is your preferred route from north to south

Organize, plan, exchange ideas, debate our mapping project.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about current MFM projects or propose new projects only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
drsec
Location: Subang Jaya, (Nuvi255W, GMXT on HTC HD2 & Diamond, Nuvi360, Navman F20, PaPaGo X5 on WM6.5)

Re: Which is your preferred route from north to south

Postby drsec » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:37 pm

Then my suggestion of E11 - Guthrie Corridor Expressway (GCE) and E6 - Lebuh Raya Utara Selatan - Hubungan Tengah (Elite) is the only route to bypass KL and PJ completely.

fancheng
Senior Mapper

Postby fancheng » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:55 pm

doraemon wrote:Actually I want to start a poll then with the results, ask bro sunn to do make amendment ASAP so all members could benefit it for CNY coming home trip.

So, with all brothers here... can you please propose your preferred route so that we can have a better navigation route for our map to by-pass KL? :prayer: :prayer:

Bro sunn, if you dun mind... I will gather the results, then you make amendment accordingly?

Bros for CNY ho....

Before CNY 1 or 2 days, start E6 and E2 interchange toward south will be dam jam, the traffic will be crawling. :frus:

I suggest N.K.V.E(Klang) (E1) > E6 > Exit KLIA > Jalan Pekeliling > B48 > N68> N1> pass through Seremban town > JalanTampin > Senawang Exit or Pedas Exit E2N.S.E(S). This will not promising because a lot driver use it by now and Seremban town will Jam Jam Jam. ](*,) :frus:

E2 Nilai exit to seremban will be same to many driver know this road already, unless Lekas E21 open up Mantin to Paroi. one good new is E21 Seremban exit are start cleaning up yesterday when came back from Cheras.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by fancheng on Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: add highway route to compare

doraemon
Polygon Mapper

Postby doraemon » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:47 am

If the unavoidable jam is everywhere, then no choice lo...

The most ideal route (simple to follow) for my opinion is still drsec's recommendation GCE. But have to pay more toll.

Cheaper ones still can use E1 via damasara to sungai buloh. But the risk of heavy traffics as KL folks use that road to USJ or Subang...

cflai
Valued Contributor
Location: Seremban (NUVI760 GPSMAP60CSX DOPODU1000 NUVI265WT NUVI1460)

Postby cflai » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:24 pm

drsec wrote:Then my suggestion of E11 - Guthrie Corridor Expressway (GCE) and E6 - Lebuh Raya Utara Selatan - Hubungan Tengah (Elite) is the only route to bypass KL and PJ completely.

I agree, here is a set of tracks showing the way....
Rawang bypassing KL going south.gdb

Only problem I have encountered for a long time is that when I create a route from say Rawang to Seremban, the map will always try to direct me to go through Sg Besi North-South highway (Avoids the GCE Highway). Whether it is from Shah Alam, PJ, and even on the GCE highway or the Elite Highway.

I had a situation where I followed the route once at midnight (more difficult to see lah) while on the Shah Alam-Cyberjaya-Nilai (Elite) highway, it directed me through Putrajaya to come to the Sg Besi North-South highway which took a long loop back to Seremban! Strange but true! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ahza
Valued Contributor

Postby ahza » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:53 pm

I will use GCE anytime, my NUVI always suggest trough KL..
255W retired, 3560 current
64s and old Nuvi 350

shimiwako
Valued Contributor

Postby shimiwako » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:42 am

drsec wrote:Guthrie Corridor Expressway.

It is a bypass route E35 that leaves the Elite Highway at Bt Jelutong in Shah Alam and joins back the NSE (North South Expressway) between Kuang and Rawang.

This bypasses the Subang Airport, Damansara, Bt Lanjan (Jln Duta) and Sungai Buloh exchanges.

Would be great if the map could be tweaked to make this the suggested route instead of going into KL.

doraemon
Polygon Mapper

Postby doraemon » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:19 pm

shimiwako wrote:
Would be great if the map could be tweaked to make this the suggested route instead of going into KL.

Dun you worry... it will be fix very soon. :wink:

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Postby antyong (retired) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:18 am

Even after making the route through NKVE-ELITE faster, Mapsource refuse to use the faster route. Refer to the attached gdb. On my Nuvi 255W, selects another route.

So Garmin mess up for once :wink:

doraemon
Polygon Mapper

Postby doraemon » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:48 am

antyong wrote:Even after making the route through NKVE-ELITE faster, Mapsource refuse to use the faster route. Refer to the attached gdb. On my Nuvi 255W, selects another route.

So Garmin mess up for once :wink:

Bro... are you saying that mapsource still route thru jln duta/sungai besi, but nuvi 255w route thru rawang/nilai even after you have tweak the map data?

I tried on mapsource with mfm220210 version, still route to sg besi. Havnt try on my nuvi yet.

Weird... isn't it uses the same algorithm to calculate route in mapsource and nuvi?

nyem
Valued Contributor

Postby nyem » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:05 pm

mapsource got more routing options to tweak
rawang-kl-03.png

Now it routes me via Persiaran Kewajipan before going to Kesas/Sg Besi. Probably the 90kph speed limit at Shah Alam preventing ELITE from becoming the faster route :lol:
http://flavors.me/nyem

Return to “Project Room”