Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

edwardally

Re: Free MFM-Papago 100304 map

Postby edwardally » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:54 pm

How can i have the custom POI?

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:56 pm

There's no custom POIs available for Papago, other than the built-in ones (read: speed camera warnings) in the custom version map.
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

ksliu9

Postby ksliu9 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:57 pm

I've used PAPAGO for a while, and I've found a routing problem. I don't know whether it's the problem of the map or the program.

I live in Jurong East (in Singapore), near the exit of PIE. When I set Changi Airport as the destination, the route is strange. It tells me to go to PIE, then go to BKE, and go to somewhere else....! But of course it's not the fastest way. We can just drive along PIE from Jurong East and the end is Changi Airport. No need to leave any exit before.

The same problem happens when I drive from JB to Melaka. The usual way is to drive along NSE from JB until Melaka. But the PAPAGO tells me to exit near Yong Peng! Of course, again I don't listen to it, but just continue to drive along NSE.

Before using PAPAGO, I used IGO. There's no such problem. So I wonder whether it's the problem of the map, or the program itself, to route along those smaller roads, rather than highway.

For the routing option, I've already chosen Recommended.

Anyone encounters this problem before?

shawchyn
Valued Contributor

Postby shawchyn » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:05 pm

ksliu9 wrote:I've used PAPAGO for a while, and I've found a routing problem. I don't know whether it's the problem of the map or the program.

I live in Jurong East (in Singapore), near the exit of PIE. When I set Changi Airport as the destination, the route is strange. It tells me to go to PIE, then go to BKE, and go to somewhere else....! But of course it's not the fastest way. We can just drive along PIE from Jurong East and the end is Changi Airport. No need to leave any exit before.

The same problem happens when I drive from JB to Melaka. The usual way is to drive along NSE from JB until Melaka. But the PAPAGO tells me to exit near Yong Peng! Of course, again I don't listen to it, but just continue to drive along NSE.

Before using PAPAGO, I used IGO. There's no such problem. So I wonder whether it's the problem of the map, or the program itself, to route along those smaller roads, rather than highway.

For the routing option, I've already chosen Recommended.

Anyone encounters this problem before?

I'd tested it with my Papago and also check with Mapsource, it doesn't have the problem as per your mention.

Please check if you had accidentally enable the "avoid toll plaza" option or not. It may be the cause.
Snake Chia
http://appsblog.snakechia.com
http://www.nearby.com.my

cwlee80

Postby cwlee80 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:00 am

Hi,

I have tried to map a destination to Tanah Rata in cameron highlands and i am still having the same problems as before.

When the calculation for the path to Tanah Rata is at 100% PPG will crash with a fatal error. but this does not happen with the earlier map in january.

alharis299
Champion Polygon Mapper
Champion Polygon Mapper

Postby alharis299 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:27 pm

cwlee80 wrote:Hi,

I have tried to map a destination to Tanah Rata in cameron highlands and i am still having the same problems as before.

When the calculation for the path to Tanah Rata is at 100% PPG will crash with a fatal error. but this does not happen with the earlier map in january.

Perhaps you can use January maps ( stable version ), because weekly map is for contributors to test their uploaded tracks and feedbacks.

:rox:

grissom0925
Contributor

Postby grissom0925 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:58 pm

alharis299 wrote:
cwlee80 wrote:Hi,

Perhaps you can use January maps ( stable version ), because weekly map is for contributors to test their uploaded tracks and feedbacks.

:rox:

It is not acceptable, we would not know which version is the most stable. Even the January version also has other issues, therefore we should use the latest version and feedback from time to time. If possible, use Garmin as a backup plan.

kfei
Valued Contributor

Postby kfei » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:25 pm

Is it support "PAPAGO R17(VR-ONE)" for S60? :-? :-k
Snatch A Little Leisure From A Busy Life

骑着白马的不一定是王子,他可能是唐僧;
带翅膀的也不一定是天使,他说:那叫鸟。

zamad
Valued Contributor

Re: Free MFM-Papago 100311 map

Postby zamad » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:47 am

:tq: Downloading. :peace:

Have a happy holiday, bro Ant...
mfm : magnificent free maps
Garmin nüvi 2575RLM v2.80, Garmin 60CSx v4.00, Garmin nüvi 205W(patched), Papago R5800 X8.5, Qstarz Q1000P (Datalogger)
Retired: GMXT Palm T|X, nuvifone A10 v5.0.77, Garmin-Asus G60 v2.43, GPSlim236 (Datalogger)

saujanacom
Polygon Mapper

Re: Free MFM-Papago 100311 map

Postby saujanacom » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:03 am

Downloaded ... :tq:
9W2ICT - SCORE - 9M4RSC (146.600)

Return to “Archive (Papago)”