Free MFM-Papago Map Beta v1.0

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

fabho

Re: Free MFM-Papago Map Beta v1.0

Postby fabho » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:42 pm

What a sad ending to Papago, it lasted just a short while only. All the hoohah about it has gone. Soon papago will be something off the past. Seems like nothing can replace garmin.

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:34 pm

amir_rafie wrote:Hi ,
I downloaded the MFM-Papago Beta v1.0 ,
How could I convert it to navitel map? GPSMapedit deasn`t know this map...

It's not possible to convert.
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

sahmadsh

Postby sahmadsh » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:14 pm

OngCC wrote:If you guys are not happy with Maction or Papago, please write to them. Don't through your anger here, this thread is for map issue discussion only.

As most of us are busy with our own rice bowl for the past few months, although we still manage to squeeze some time slot to update the maps, but most of the mapping activities have slightly slow down.

Bro ongCC can you paste here the url how "they" can feed back this issue to Maction or Papago. i believes most of them will stop through anger here :) just make it simple, for example just a click then they can write down a complaint to both M&P......

ymcheong
Contributor

Postby ymcheong » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:50 am

sahmadsh wrote:
OngCC wrote:If you guys are not happy with Maction or Papago, please write to them. Don't through your anger here, this thread is for map issue discussion only.

As most of us are busy with our own rice bowl for the past few months, although we still manage to squeeze some time slot to update the maps, but most of the mapping activities have slightly slow down.

Bro ongCC can you paste here the url how "they" can feed back this issue to Maction or Papago. i believes most of them will stop through anger here :) just make it simple, for example just a click then they can write down a complaint to both M&P......

Hope this helps: http://support.m3gps.com/index.php?opti ... &Itemid=98
勿以善小而不为,勿以恶小而为之。- 刘备

laihocktai
Contributor

Postby laihocktai » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:58 am

Stop buying and selling Papago device unless the maps update is assured
Huawei P10 (Papago M11 for Android~MFM-PAPAGO!-X8.5~X9 190201

cwyap
Valued Contributor

Postby cwyap » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:09 am

Albert_Chong wrote:M3GPS recently released M3GPS Webupdater program, http://support.m3gps.com
From this M3GPS Webupdater program, when click "Update Map", it will link to MFM website,
from this, May be some members think that this MFM website is belong to M3GPS,
that's why this :fire: and that :frus: is out from members.

Agree with Bro Albert_Chong.

I think the moderators ought to clear the air re the relationship between MFM and M3GPS so that Papago users do not misunderstand the role played by MFM.

M3GPS's download page is very misleading - see the screenshot. From a layman's point of view, it is as though as MFM is an integral part of M3GPS thus MFM "owes" it to Papago users to provide regular map updates.

And the silence of M3GPS on this issue is "deafening" to say the least. :thumbsdown:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Courage is not living without fear.
Courage is being scared to death and doing the right thing anyway.
- Chae Richardson

sunn
Senior Mapper
Location: Shah Alam (HP4150 & SIRF3 BT, HP6515, Etrex Legend HCX, Omnia i900 16GB, Samsung Note 2, Ipad 2

Postby sunn » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:01 pm

yes! cwyap. MFM have a relationship with M3gps. They are using our Free MFM-Papago maps as well as introducing their users to MFM site. I don't see anything misleading with that.

Where are users going to know where to download Free MFM-Papago maps. MFM compile the Free MFM-Papago for Papago users! So does the MFM-Papago maps users own MFM site.

So from M3Gps Support page. Garmin and Mapking site also belongs to them, if that is also what you meant?

M3gps have permission to use as such, and we have request them to link to MFM site.

Anyway, I have ask them to change the title to more appropriate sentence to for those who see it differently.

Regards
It is a merit to forgive others:
The more we forgive the more merit we collect.

(Upload your contribution to MFM drop box if you don't want others to take your contributed tracklogs or POIs. )

sunn
Senior Mapper
Location: Shah Alam (HP4150 & SIRF3 BT, HP6515, Etrex Legend HCX, Omnia i900 16GB, Samsung Note 2, Ipad 2

Postby sunn » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:11 am

Until Further Notice - Countdown to Free MFM-Papago Maps Updates.

Dear members,

My laptop have encounter error when compiling the maps. This is due to Microsoft Visual C++. Need to reformat.

Sorry for the delay.

ppgerror.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

(Upload your contribution to MFM drop box if you don't want others to take your contributed tracklogs or POIs. )

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:02 am

sunn wrote:yes! cwyap. MFM have a relationship with M3gps. They are using our Free MFM-Papago maps as well as introducing their users to MFM site. I don't see anything misleading with that.

Where are users going to know where to download Free MFM-Papago maps. MFM compile the Free MFM-Papago for Papago users! So does the MFM-Papago maps users own MFM site.

So from M3Gps Support page. Garmin and Mapking site also belongs to them, if that is also what you meant?

M3gps have permission to use as such, and we have request them to link to MFM site.

Anyway, I have ask them to change the title to more appropriate sentence to for those who see it differently.

Regards

Concur with bro cwyap on the wordings of "MFM Support Centre".

There is a difference expectation between "introducing" and "support centre" :-k

May I suggest a rename to " Free MFM community Map update" in the icon. :-'

sunn
Senior Mapper

Postby sunn » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:22 pm

STAY TUNED...... Free MFM-Papago Maps Updates.

Return to “Archive (Papago)”