FREE MFM-PAPAGO MAP - 101104

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

sugen

Re: FREE MFM-PAPAGO MAP - 101104

Postby sugen » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:50 am

Noted with thanks !
shawchyn wrote:
sugen wrote:

No one is helping to pay MfM hosting, especially this day all the data center hosting will based on the traffic that we use. The bigger files that mfm maps goes, the more heavy traffic it goes.

The public FREE File Hosting is the ONLY way for us to support the map being release.

We had more than 3000 copies of PPG map downloaded over the 30 days, this mean we are facing more than 1Tb of traffic being transfer. And, also have more than 3000 copies of Garmin maps being downloaded every week and it constribute nearly another 1Tb of traffic monthly. With total of minimum 2Tb of traffic being serve, this is EXTREMLY costly!

I DON'T expect anyone of you guys that complaints about the download speed will understand these figures. For those who understood, I believed they won't make any demand for this.

sugen

Postby sugen » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:53 am

Rapidshare etc.. i think member will face problem.. As, their service is base on regional download quota.. Often, i seen the error message. exceed the limit..
keong8260 wrote:
shawchyn wrote:
moeyhc wrote:it's best to keep these download data private. Any data relase should be done by the Admin.

Bro shawchyn, is there any more option to use more free file hosting server (like rapidshare, etc etc) instead of using just FileServe?

adrianyujs

Postby adrianyujs » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:26 am

sugen wrote:Rapidshare etc.. i think member will face problem.. As, their service is base on regional download quota.. Often, i seen the error message. exceed the limit..

Nope, its not, because most of us having premium account, hope u all understand..

shawchyn
Valued Contributor

Postby shawchyn » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:09 am

No matter it is a FileServer, FileFactory, RapidShare, MegaUpload, Hotfiles, etc. Users still need to get paid to gain fast access.

Further more, some of the countries like China, Singapore, etc by default can't access to RapidShare (unless is paid users). So, by the end of the day, it is still problem for certain users.

Earlier days, we had members provide local servers for direct download. But, our members in mfm abusing it and cause serious "damage" in the traffic for the servers. As for no choice, the servers is either remove from the list or it is only limited to certain region access. ie, SG have a dedicated Server only serving for SG users; and 2 of MY direct download servers was removed due to abuse.
Snake Chia
http://appsblog.snakechia.com
http://www.nearby.com.my

alharis299
Champion Polygon Mapper
Champion Polygon Mapper

Postby alharis299 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:31 am

shawchyn wrote:No matter it is a FileServer, FileFactory, RapidShare, MegaUpload, Hotfiles, etc. Users still need to get paid to gain fast access.

Further more, some of the countries like China, Singapore, etc by default can't access to RapidShare (unless is paid users). So, by the end of the day, it is still problem for certain users.

Earlier days, we had members provide local servers for direct download. But, our members in mfm abusing it and cause serious "damage" in the traffic for the servers. As for no choice, the servers is either remove from the list or it is only limited to certain region access. ie, SG have a dedicated Server only serving for SG users; and 2 of MY direct download servers was removed due to abuse.

Yes, I agreed with you Bro shawchyn , because of a few our members are not following downloading guidelines, all members have to suffering it. :thumbsdown:

sugen

Postby sugen » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:37 am

Ic.. so, we have to live with this until we got some sponsor perhaps... else, it will be a waste of effort for MFM if member found it difficult to download the map.. In lay man term, we have a quality of goods/foods.. But, due to transportation issue.. The goods/foods is not deliver efficiently to the end user...

Since yesterday until now, i had did a 3rd download retry.. Each time reach 99%, then it stops there with error could not found server.. Each download tooks me 4-5 hours !... Man... I am doing it now for the 4th time...
Last edited by sugen on Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Postby moeyhc » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:42 am

shawchyn wrote:I will see if my time are permited or not, I will try to produce a detail weekly download report for public.

Thank you for your dedication. You have given more than your fair share of time and effort at MfM. If you do have more time please share it with your family and friends. If you must insist of doing something for MfM I sincerely hope it is not the weekly traffic report as these Data is of no use to members here. At best it will show how many people love our maps.... Instead explore the possibilities of allowing parallel download of these maps. If someone have an account somewhere that they can link to this thread for download it will help to ease the current traffic problem. But, I have read somewhere that you do not like members to upload our maps for sharing. May I know the reason/s?

Our maps are free and it is available at most files sharing sites. I blame users here for not using Google to find stuff.... that said, downloading from these sharing sites is risky as their contents may be altered. The best alternative would be to allow parallel download of all our maps. Members will need to post their link here and you can add them to the first page.

For users who complain about the heavy load 'deserve this torture' pardon me because they wanted to be the first to own it... Buyers of new release iPhone,iPad.... need to wait over night at the store to exchange their hard earn money for the gadget/s. Hence, don't feel bad or piss off when someone wrote about slow download following a release. I have written about the need to have the latest and greatest map here.. and I shall not repeat. You can see how members utilize our map after the download HERE... DO NOTE that there are <20 replies to the questions. Hence, I would not bother about all the complaints. If anyone is serious about tracking they can always contact Admin or Mappers to obtain the necessary support. For general users like me.... last month's map is still the best in the country... So stay cool 8-) and enjoy our hobby.... Let the crying babies CRY :cry:

Thank you again for the good work..... :good: :tq:
Common Sense Is Not Common.

shawchyn
Valued Contributor

Postby shawchyn » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:14 am

moeyhc wrote:Thank you for your dedication. You have given more than your fair share of time and effort at MfM. If you do have more time please share it with your family and friends. If you must insist of doing something for MfM I sincerely hope it is not the weekly traffic report as these Data is of no use to members here. At best it will show how many people love our maps.... Instead explore the possibilities of allowing parallel download of these maps. If someone have an account somewhere that they can link to this thread for download it will help to ease the current traffic problem. But, I have read somewhere that you do not like members to upload our maps for sharing. May I know the reason/s?

I don't mine users help to upload to others servers that can help us to reduce the load. But, I do need the download statistic that go thru their servers. Furthermore, the servers that other users using is no other than another public file share services. So, I don't think that is make any different from what we had from RapidShare, MegaUpload, FileFactory or FileServe.

MfM is continue to growth with more detail maps, and more maps formats are on their way. To make it possible, we need to provide a clean and detail download statistic for our new potential partners. With this detail information, we can let our future partners know, if MfM provide their maps, in fact they can save the money in come out with their own "not detail" maps :-$ and lower the GPS device price, this is the MfM objectives - provide free & best map as well as get the GPS device vendors to lower the device price. :mrgreen:

moeyhc wrote:Our maps are free and it is available at most files sharing sites. I blame users here for not using Google to find stuff.... that said, downloading from these sharing sites is risky as their contents may be altered. The best alternative would be to allow parallel download of all our maps. Members will need to post their link here and you can add them to the first page.

Can't blame them for NOT google the others sites. A lot of users JUST don't even read the post. :frus:

moeyhc wrote:For users who complain about the heavy load 'deserve this torture' pardon me because they wanted to be the first to own it... Buyers of new release iPhone,iPad.... need to wait over night at the store to exchange their hard earn money for the gadget/s. Hence, don't feel bad or piss off when someone wrote about slow download following a release. I have written about the need to have the latest and greatest map here.. and I shall not repeat. You can see how members utilize our map after the download HERE... DO NOTE that there are <20 replies to the questions. Hence, I would not bother about all the complaints. If anyone is serious about tracking they can always contact Admin or Mappers to obtain the necessary support. For general users like me.... last month's map is still the best in the country... So stay cool 8-) and enjoy our hobby.... Let the crying babies CRY :cry:

Franky speaking, Most of the SERIOUS tracker, do not download the map immediately when it is released. It is simply because, all serious tracker will know to work around it. And, it doesn't really make any different for download on Monday early morning and Tuesday night. Most of the tracking is done in weekday. :lol:

moeyhc wrote:Thank you again for the good work..... :good: :tq:

We here all is doing a FREE communities work for GOOD. Hope all the members here will appeciated all others hard work. :rox:
Snake Chia
http://appsblog.snakechia.com
http://www.nearby.com.my

syheng81

Postby syheng81 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:53 am

after long waiting... good job MFM.

wing

Postby wing » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:35 pm

Have downloaded the map but I hit an error when executing the file "The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program". Downloaded twice but still the same.

Am using the standard version for WinMo.

Pleasw help where possible.

Return to “Archive (Papago)”