MFM Galactio Map Feedback & Discussion

Feedback for MFM-Galactio map/software

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
NOTE: This forum should be used strictly for feedback of MFM-Galactio map/software only. Issues with other software or devices will be re-directed.
siewkiat@qi.sg

Re: MFM Galactio Map Feedback & Discussion

Postby siewkiat@qi.sg » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:40 pm

Dear Nicholas

For Holux 62AS user with the RDS-TMC cradle, you can use the SLA Map to receive the TMC data.

Currently however, there is no plan for the TMC integration with the MFM map in the medium term.

Siew Kiat
Support - Team Galactio

Nicholas wrote:Please make MFM Galactio compatible with Singapore's TMC. I'm using Holux 62AS, and I want to use MFM Singapore's map and TMC. Thanks!

nnavin76

Postby nnavin76 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:10 pm

Anywhere I can get POIs for Malaysia? I don't think the latest updated map (110411) has much of Malaysian POIs.

Thank you!

Name : Navin
Device: Sensonic N400
:tq: :peace:

Nicholas

Postby Nicholas » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:25 pm

siewkiat@qi.sg wrote:Dear Nicholas

For Holux 62AS user with the RDS-TMC cradle, you can use the SLA Map to receive the TMC data.

Currently however, there is no plan for the TMC integration with the MFM map in the medium term.

Siew Kiat
Support - Team Galactio

That's too bad then. If not for the TMC, I would have preferred MFM SG maps.

For example, in MFM, pois like schools and shopping malls, the GPS lead me to the carpark or entrance, whereas SLA maps simply lead me to the road nearest to the POI, which may not be the entrance. Maybe the 2 maps can be combined, since both have data that benefits the user.

FUMIYO

Postby FUMIYO » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:46 pm

I couldnt find the POI such as LRT or KTM in Malaysia .
Where can i download it ? Please help ...

siewkiat@qi.sg

Postby siewkiat@qi.sg » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:43 pm

Dear Navin,

Can you give me a few examples of POI names that you are not able to find and the state and I can check this issue in detail with the MFM guys?

Regards
Siew Kiat
(Support - Team Galactio)

nnavin76 wrote:Anywhere I can get POIs for Malaysia? I don't think the latest updated map (110411) has much of Malaysian POIs.

Thank you!

siewkiat@qi.sg

Postby siewkiat@qi.sg » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:48 pm

Dear Fumiyo,

We will be investigating this issue with the MFM guys and if all goes well, you should be able to find them in the next MFM-Galactio Map update in May.

Regards
Siew Kiat

FUMIYO wrote:I couldnt find the POI such as LRT or KTM in Malaysia .

siewkiat@qi.sg

Postby siewkiat@qi.sg » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:07 pm

map_update.png

Siew Kiat
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nnavin76

Postby nnavin76 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:32 am

siewkiat@qi.sg wrote:Dear Navin,

Can you give me a few examples of POI names that you are not able to find and the state and I can check this issue in detail with the MFM guys?

Regards
Siew Kiat

nnavin76 wrote:Anywhere I can get POIs for Malaysia? I don't think the latest updated map (110411) has much of Malaysian POIs.

Thank you!

Hi siewkiat

Thank you for the reply, I was reffering to food outlets mainly, as not much I could find it in Galactio compare to my old Garmin (This maybe due to Galactio is still very new for Malaysia). Currently I'm adding the POIs as my favorites. Another thing I was interested is the speed limit on major roads & hot spots (Speed Trap Points). By any chance could these be fixed up on the next update (May11)?

Thank you again!

N. Navin

siewkiat@qi.sg

Postby siewkiat@qi.sg » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:38 am

Dear Navin,

The MFM food POIs should be all inside, and Galactio uses a refine-engine to further categorise the MFM Food POI to match the asian food category under Galactio. Are you able to find the ones you are looking in the Global Food POI search instead?

For the speed limit on Major road, if it is embedded in the MFM network, it will be subsequently extracted by the Galactio map engine. Are you seeing missing speed limits on some major roads?
For Speed trap points, it is verified with the MFM guys that these are not used in the Galactio compilation, but we will work with the MFM admin to get this in ASAP.

Siew Kiat

nnavin76 wrote:
siewkiat@qi.sg wrote:Dear Navin,

Regards
Siew Kiat

Thank you!

Hi siewkiat

Thank you for the reply, I was reffering to food outlets mainly, as not much I could find it in Galactio compare to my old Garmin (This maybe due to Galactio is still very new for Malaysia). Currently I'm adding the POIs as my favorites. Another thing I was interested is the speed limit on major roads & hot spots (Speed Trap Points). By any chance could these be fixed up on the next update (May11)?

Thank you again!

N. Navin

FUMIYO

Postby FUMIYO » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:27 pm

Thanks Siew Kiat :thumbsup:

siewkiat@qi.sg wrote:Dear Fumiyo,

We will be investigating this issue with the MFM guys and if all goes well, you should be able to find them in the next MFM-Galactio Map update in May.

Regards
Siew Kiat

FUMIYO wrote:I couldnt find the POI such as LRT or KTM in Malaysia .

Return to “MFM-Galactio map/software feedback”