General Discussion & Queries for Penang, Kedah & Perlis Map

Tracklog, POI and error feedback for Kedah, Penang & Perlis. Mapper: OngCC

Moderators: tympg, keong8260, Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is strictly for feedback to our maps
3. NO posting of data copied from other source especially malsingmaps
4. NO abuse, profanity and insults
5. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
ngkmlk

Re: Strange route from Penang to Singapore

Postby ngkmlk » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:20 am

ace wrote:I can't replicate the error at all.....sorry. :-k Given that my Nuvi is a local version 255w set, I don't think it is the map as all the simulations I did all did not show the error that you were talking about....

At this point, only conclusion is that your Nuvi is :nutz: #-o :lol:

Can someone in Penang can try again the simulations and see if the error can be replicate? :-k

Mine one also local set (confirmed). Is your firmware/software version same as mine or different? Thanks for your help. :rox:

ace
Valued Contributor

Postby ace » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:40 am

Nope...

Didn't update to the latest 2.80.

Still at:
SgMy Software ver. 2.70
GPS SW Version: 3.10b

ngkmlk

Postby ngkmlk » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:46 am

ace wrote:Nope...

Didn't update to the latest 2.80.

Still at:
SgMy Software ver. 2.70
GPS SW Version: 3.10b

Ace, maybe I should revert back to the older version like yours and try if the problem still there, but how am I going to do it to reflash the firmware? Can you advice? :tq:

ace
Valued Contributor

Postby ace » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:04 am

I've not done a roll back before.....so I'm not sure how it is done.

But from how the nuvi's software was updated...it would follow that you need to download the particular version software into your PC, plug in your nuvi, and execute the file....and follow the instructions.

Of course, before you do this, back up everything from your nuvi. "All" means hidden and unhidden files.

Please do this at your own risk....

If any member think this is a wrong process, please assist.... thanks.

ngkmlk

Postby ngkmlk » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:10 am

ace wrote:I've not done a roll back before.....so I'm not sure how it is done.

But from how the nuvi's software was updated...it would follow that you need to download the particular version software into your PC, plug in your nuvi, and execute the file....and follow the instructions.

Of course, before you do this, back up everything from your nuvi. "All" means hidden and unhidden files.

Please do this at your own risk....

If any member think this is a wrong process, please assist.... thanks.

Any member who is having Nuvi 255W, SgMy Software ver. 2.80
GPS SW Version: 3.90b. Please try if you could replicete the routing problem from Penang to Gunung Jerai, Kedah before I do a firmware roll back. Thanks for all your help and advice. :prayer: :tq:

uncle wong
Regional Mapper
Location: Kuala Lumpur - Selangor - Johor I did not have a GPS device

Re: Terima Kasih Buat Mapper Kedah, Pulau Pinang dan Perlis.

Postby uncle wong » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:42 pm

keong8260 wrote:
rinazieyana wrote:Assalamualaikum dan salam sejahtera. Di sini saya ingin mengucapkan jutaan terima kasih kepada semua mapper amnya bagi kedah, pulau pinang dan perlis kerana telah berusaha track kampung saya yang sebelum ni tiada pun terdapat di dalam peta ini.

Juga diucapkan jutaan terima kasih terutamanya pada Uncle Wong yang bertungkus lumus track tempat itu.

Terima kasih semua....

Kamu juga digalakkan untuk berlajar macam-mana untuk buat tracking... Di sini banyak cikgu, sila tanya kalau masih ragu. :)

Setuju Dengan Bro Keong8260
Enjoy the GPS’s life!

tzyys

Re: Problems with Penang Trip

Postby tzyys » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:39 pm

Nstartraveller wrote:Hi all,

I am having problems using the 091102 map for Malaysia, not sure is it my problems or the maps problems.

I was on a trip to South Thailand and Penang, so thenew maps which included the Southern Thailand came just in time for my holiday. But it seem to be doing Recalculation all the times, I only activated the MFM maps and POI no other maps being used. I had also check the Garmin Nuvi255w setting, and it in order too.

The most amazing incident is when I was in Penang Airport wanted to go to Queenbay Mall, the GPS directed me to a round island and leading me out to the Bridge into Prai and Back to the Island to go to Quenbay Mall. And the time needed for the tip is 2-3 hours, as It idicated my arrival time is 19.50 hrs where then it was only 2+ pm. I had to switch to an order maps to get the right route which is about 15 mins from the Airport to Queenbay Mall. Yes I did not follows the initial direction when I saw it bring me out to the bridge, I was lucky to have a few MicroSD Cards with older maps and maps of other country with me.

May be so senior can enlighten me about this problems, or if there is a need to fine tune the maps. I am not sure what is happening, but it could be my faults.

Thanks and Regards,

Dave

MFM is Coolest.
:tq:

Hi Dave,

I also facing the same problem when I was in Penang Airport wanted to go to Queenbay Mall, the GPS directed me to a round island and leading me out to the Bridge into Prai and Back to the Island to go to Quenbay Mall.

When I from Pemantang Tinggi or Autocity to Hospital Lam Wah Ee, the GPS direct me to simpang empat, nibong tebal then go for big round then go to hiway to Penang. the is the dead end at simpanf empat too.

actually what happen to my Nuvi 205?? it is the map problem?

Thank you,
Regards,
John Teoh

keong8260
Regional Mapper
Location: Alor Setar (60CSx, Nuvi, Papago, Polnav, Galactio, Compass, Parang, Gun)

Postby keong8260 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:35 pm

tzyys wrote:
Hi Dave,

I also facing the same problem when I was in Penang Airport wanted to go to Queenbay Mall, the GPS directed me to a round island and leading me out to the Bridge into Prai and Back to the Island to go to Quenbay Mall.

When I from Pemantang Tinggi or Autocity to Hospital Lam Wah Ee, the GPS direct me to simpang empat, nibong tebal then go for big round then go to hiway to Penang. the is the dead end at simpanf empat too.

Thank you,
Regards,
John Teoh

No problem for the map. Try all sort of route simulation, all OK.

Errr, what sort of setting are you using for your 205. Any avoidance setting?

tzyys

Postby tzyys » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:49 am

keong8260 wrote:
tzyys wrote:
Hi Dave,

Thank you,
Regards,
John Teoh

No problem for the map. Try all sort of route simulation, all OK.

Errr, what sort of setting are you using for your 205. Any avoidance setting?

Dear Sir,

actually i got 2 problem on my gps nuvi 205, 1st problem is on the routing error even I had setting it to faster time or short distance. the result is the same.
this is the setting from my place to penang lam wah ee hospital.
maperror.jpg

2nd problem is when i search for poi, it always come out with 2 duplicate places.

Please refer to the photo attachment.

setting.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

keong8260
Regional Mapper
Location: Alor Setar (60CSx, Nuvi, Papago, Polnav, Galactio, Compass, Parang, Gun)

Re: General Discussion & Queries for Penang, Kedah & Perlis

Postby keong8260 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:22 am

Bro tzyys, do you try to download the latest version and try it again... :)

Return to “Penang, Kedah & Perlis Map Feedback”