Cameron Highland tracks & POIs

Tracklog, POI and error feedback for Kelantan, Terengganu & Pahang. Mapper: Sunn

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is strictly for feedback to our maps
3. NO posting of data copied from other source especially malsingmaps
4. NO abuse, profanity and insults
5. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
wkgoh

Re: Cameron Highland tracks & POIs

Postby wkgoh » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:30 pm

stimix wrote:Ok here's my last part of contribution. Not really in cameron Highland but Lojing at Gua musang! Too bad the 4WD tracklogs is no good...satelite blocked by the 4WD roof! ](*,)

Bought a 1/2 day tour at tanah Rata..@RM60/pax (Children RM30)...price include 4WD journey from meeting point at Butterfly Farm & thereafter ~40min ride till Lojing's Temiang ppl settlement.

Picked up 2 orang asli guides from the kampung & thereafter a scary roller coaster ride for about 2.5km & thereafter walk for almost 1hr or about 2.5km to the rafflesia flower site....This time the flower bloomed on top of a steep hill & climbing up & down the hill..damn scary.

cameron tracklogs.jpg

cameron 4wd.jpg

cameron refflesia 2.jpg

cameron rock fall.jpg

Cameron Refflesia 20090601.gdb

May I know which place (shop) in Tanah Rata can I book such a tour?

aserk

Cameron Highland tracks & POIs

Postby aserk » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:49 pm

thomson graveyard mtb trail

Updated 291 -sunn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

klguy

Postby klguy » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:11 am

Wanted to share this info or bug. I was using the maps and indeed it was very useful in helping me to find all the places in Cameron Highlands especially in Tanah Rata. On Friday mid noon we decided to go to Boh Tea Plantation from Hillview Inn in Tanah Rata and unfortunatly it decided to take me on a non existing road directly at the back of Hillview Inn to Sg Palas Boh estate. Is this a bug or is it because of the weather (rainy and foggy) or something else? On the way back the map was perfect. Please escuse me coz Im a newbie to GPS maps in terms of tech!
1st GPS Dopod P100
2nd GPS Nuvi 205W
Present GPS Nuvi 1350! (My God so hard to get the MFM installed on this! Why must Garmin make people's life so difficult!)
MFM Rocks!

klguy

Postby klguy » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:14 am

stimix wrote:Saturday & Sunday combined tracklogs surrounding Tanah Rata & Brinchang

3) POI of Mayflower steamboat (Moved from the current starbucks CH),

Camron Tanah rata tracks.jpg

cameron Mayflower restaurant.jpg

Cameron Tanah Rata & Brinchang 20090530.gdb

Just to share info there are 2 Mayflower Rests, the one on the right is the halal version and the one on the left is not!
1st GPS Dopod P100
2nd GPS Nuvi 205W
Present GPS Nuvi 1350! (My God so hard to get the MFM installed on this! Why must Garmin make people's life so difficult!)
MFM Rocks!

klguy

Postby klguy » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:31 am

wkgoh wrote:May I know which place (shop) in Tanah Rata can I book such a tour?

Based on reading other forums regarding Cameron Hihglands, one of the quoted ones and I've seen on the main road of Tanah Rata is Kong Travels. They're quite popular with the backpackers crowd I noticed
. Hope this info helps!
1st GPS Dopod P100
2nd GPS Nuvi 205W
MFM Rocks!

sunn
Senior Mapper
Location: Shah Alam (HP4150 & SIRF3 BT, HP6515, Etrex Legend HCX, Omnia i900 16GB, Samsung Note 2, Ipad 2

Postby sunn » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:40 am

klguy wrote:Wanted to share this info or bug. I was using the maps and indeed it was very useful in helping me to find all the places in Cameron Highlands especially in Tanah Rata. On Friday mid noon we decided to go to Boh Tea Plantation from Hillview Inn in Tanah Rata and unfortunatly it decided to take me on a non existing road directly at the back of Hillview Inn to Sg Palas Boh estate. Is this a bug or is it because of the weather (rainy and foggy) or something else? On the way back the map was perfect. Please escuse me coz Im a newbie to GPS maps in terms of tech!

Please provide more information especially the co-ordinates or names of the POIs.

Regards
It is a merit to forgive others:
The more we forgive the more merit we collect.

(Upload your contribution to MFM drop box if you don't want others to take your contributed tracklogs or POIs. )

klguy

Postby klguy » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:58 pm

sunn wrote:
klguy wrote:Wanted to share this info or bug. I was using the maps and indeed it was very useful in helping me to find all the places in Cameron Highlands especially in Tanah Rata. On Friday mid noon we decided to go to Boh Tea Plantation from Hillview Inn in Tanah Rata and unfortunatly it decided to take me on a non existing road directly at the back of Hillview Inn to Sg Palas Boh estate. Is this a bug or is it because of the weather (rainy and foggy) or something else? On the way back the map was perfect. Please escuse me coz Im a newbie to GPS maps in terms of tech!

Please provide more information especially the co-ordinates or names of the POIs.

Regards

I'm truly sorry but I didn't log the coordinates as I'm still learning to use my Garmin . Just wanted to share my experience! Thanks for taking the time to answer!
1st GPS Dopod P100
2nd GPS Nuvi 205W
MFM Rocks!

drsec
Location: Subang Jaya, (Nuvi255W, GMXT on HTC HD2 & Diamond, Nuvi360, Navman F20, PaPaGo X5 on WM6.5)

Postby drsec » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:07 pm

I went up Cameron Highlands over the weekend.

As per my now practise, I will take the new road at Simpang Pulai-Brinchang route going up and then the Brinchange/Tanah Rata/Ringlet-Tapah old road going down.

My route is to and from Subang Jaya and my 255W is set for shortest route. Going up I had MFM-Garmin-100125 installed and going down I had MFM-Garmin-100201 installed.

On the outbound journey, the route suggested by MFM is the old route. This is understandable cos the new route is a lot further. I ignored it and it then suggested to exit at Simpang Pulai, which I did.

Then the routing went all crazy, it kept recalculating and show a straight line from Tapah to some point on the new road about 7 km from the Brinchang. There is no road there.

Then on the return journey. When leaving Tanah Rata, I set it to route home. It kept prompting me to turn back and go down via the new road. This is despite the fact that the shorter and faster route from Tanah Rata is via the old road to Tapah. This kept happening until Habu when I decided to switch off the routing.

I cant explain this. Anyone.

allyda

Postby allyda » Mon May 03, 2010 12:12 pm

Dear all MFM master,
I have a question about the route the PND show. I don't know whether its related to the above issue or not. Last 3 weeks I had went to Cameron. On the way back (From Tanah Rata), I set the PND to route me to Bharat Tea House. But the result I get, It show me direct without following the road. Is it happend to everybody? I try to use mapsource, then it show the same way. Why is this happend? You can try by set your PND in simulated mode and set the stating point at N4 28.263 E101 22.500 and Last Point at N4 27.242 E101 22.147

Corrected 316 -sunn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

drsec
Location: Subang Jaya, (Nuvi255W, GMXT on HTC HD2 & Diamond, Nuvi360, Navman F20, PaPaGo X5 on WM6.5)

Postby drsec » Mon May 03, 2010 12:22 pm

drsec wrote:I went up Cameron Highlands over the weekend.

As per my now practise, I will take the new road at Simpang Pulai-Brinchang route going up and then the Brinchange/Tanah Rata/Ringlet-Tapah old road going down.

My route is to and from Subang Jaya and my 255W is set for shortest route. Going up I had MFM-Garmin-100125 installed and going down I had MFM-Garmin-100201 installed.

On the outbound journey, the route suggested by MFM is the old route. This is understandable cos the new route is a lot further. I ignored it and it then suggested to exit at Simpang Pulai, which I did.

Then the routing went all crazy, it kept recalculating and show a straight line from Tapah to some point on the new road about 7 km from the Brinchang. There is no road there.

Then on the return journey. When leaving Tanah Rata, I set it to route home. It kept prompting me to turn back and go down via the new road. This is despite the fact that the shorter and faster route from Tanah Rata is via the old road to Tapah. This kept happening until Habu when I decided to switch off the routing.

I cant explain this. Anyone.

I guess the real answer to the above problem is the moral of the story i.e.

When you know the way, keep the GPS. When you dont know the way, you will never know when the GPS leads you astray.

Return to “Pahang, Terengganu & Kelantan Map Feedback”