Puchong Tracks V2.

Tracklog, POI and error feedback for Kuala Lumpur & Selangor. Mapper: Sunn

Moderators: shawchyn, Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is strictly for feedback to our maps
3. NO posting of data copied from other source especially malsingmaps
4. NO abuse, profanity and insults
5. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
mych

Re: Puchong Tracks V2.

Postby mych » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:25 pm

Hi a newbe here. How can I use the hiking track in Mapking 2007?

robseet wrote:Puchong Air Hitam Forest Reserve (UPM)

There is jungle trails inside this forest that puchong resident frequent. I recorded it since it was not inside malfreemaps database & share it here.

Beware though, this forest reserve belong to UPM & no trespassing allow, but puchong residen don't really bother & go in everyday. But normal folks usually take the yellow path & don't wonder off to other path.

I heard that there is a waterfall inside it, so i decided to explore it, here i take the green path & found the waterfall (it is not a waterfall actually, see photo) I travel further down the path, & came across a construction site inside the jungle, apparently UPM is building its Agrobio Compleks. I was thinking to exit the jungle thru Saujana Puchong, since it is very close already, but then i bumped into a UPM security guard & get stern warning, he threathen to call the police because we r trespassing. He would not allow us to exit thru Saujana Puchong & instruct us to go back from where we came in. We walk some 2 hours to reach there, but this mean guard ask us to go back, it was already 5+pm. We have no choice but to walk back, it was already dark & visibility is low inside the jungle as we struggle our way back, luckily we brought our tourchlight, if not we would have been lost in a dark jungle!

So i advice if any of you want to track inside this jungle, remain in the yellow path only, if you really want to go to the green path, remember it will take approximately 4 hours to go out again, bring your tourchlight, don't go alone, and don't go any further than the paintball field, chances of getting caught is high beyond this point,you would rather bump into wild animal then bump into those mean guard.

chee_loong
Contributor

Postby chee_loong » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:34 pm

Park Villa town house is ready. Pleaser update accordingly.

Updated 656 -sunn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Chee Loong (Nuvi 1350)

robseet

Postby robseet » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:03 pm

stimix wrote:Haha..It's really illegal going in there unless you hire the orang asli. I was lucky bro Endura (ex-contributor during malsingmaps era) knew few orang asli and they brought us till the real waterfall :thumbsup: On my 2nd tracking, I failed to locate the waterfall bcos no guide and got friendly warning from the UPM staff

U mean there really is a 'real' waterfall inside?

stimix

Postby stimix » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:19 am

Yeah there is a real fall about 1.5 storey high there..This is the real fall:
ImageImage
ImageImage

robseet

Postby robseet » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:27 pm

stimix wrote:Yeah there is a real fall about 1.5 storey high there..This is the real fall:

U still know the place? want to be my guide? I go into this forest every week to hike.

stimix

Postby stimix » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:16 pm

I can't find that waterfall too without the orang asli help. According to the friendly UPM staff there, bcos the bunian is hiding the fall from intruders other than orang asli :mrgreen:
ImageImage
ImageImage

robseet

Postby robseet » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:56 pm

stimix wrote:I can't find that waterfall too without the orang asli help. According to the friendly UPM staff there, bcos the bunian is hiding the fall from intruders other than orang asli :mrgreen:

bunian??? what is that? There r some routes that i am yet to explore, want to join me? maybe it will lead us to the waterfall.

stimix

Postby stimix » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:00 am

Bunian = Malay jungle spirit/ghost. :mrgreen: ..Still lazy to venture into the protected jungle but they (The UPM ppl) will soon taking serious actions...I try not to go there without orang asli guide. O:)
ImageImage
ImageImage

sunn
Senior Mapper
Location: Shah Alam (HP4150 & SIRF3 BT, HP6515, Etrex Legend HCX, Omnia i900 16GB, Samsung Note 2, Ipad 2

Postby sunn » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:25 am

robseet wrote:Puchong Air Hitam Forest Reserve (UPM)

..........Beware though, this forest reserve belong to UPM & no trespassing allow, but puchong residen don't really bother & go in everyday. But normal folks usually take the yellow path & don't wonder off to other path.

Only the yellow path is included into the maps. :tq:

Regards
It is a merit to forgive others:
The more we forgive the more merit we collect.

(Upload your contribution to MFM drop box if you don't want others to take your contributed tracklogs or POIs. )

mych

Postby mych » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:48 pm

one missing traffic light at location:
x:101.622944 y:3.034156

Return to “KL & Selangor Map Feedback”