nuvi 12XX pseudo-QWERTY keyboard

Discussions and information on PC-based GPS software

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS software only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
zlim8

nuvi 12XX pseudo-QWERTY keyboard

Postby zlim8 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:03 pm

Hi all, I've created a pseudo qwerty keyboard for nuvi 1200 series. However, it is not yet perfect as i can only display 7 characters per line. if anyone can further perfect it, will be great. just download and replace the en_US.kbd file in yr nuvi keyboard folder, not yr memory card coz it wouldn't be read by the GPS. i have tried and tested, wun hang nuvi coz essentially its juz changing of input and output. i find this keyboard a tiny bit better than the ABCDE one. but anyway i hope i did not post in the wrong forum. i encounter a problem here, i cannot attach my file coz a message pops up saying that my file potentially contains an attack vector.

So anyway, if anyone has a QWERTY keyboard for 1200 series to share, please do so. or if anyone can tell me what is the problem with uploading the file, i'll be happy to share too.

cheers.

zlim8

Re: nuvi 12XX pseudo-QWERTY keyboard

Postby zlim8 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:15 am

Hi all, i would like to share this qwerty keyboard for 12xx but i cant upload it. If someone can tell me how to upload this .kbd, it'll be great. =)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

zamad
Valued Contributor

Postby zamad » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:36 am

Try zipping it, then submit.
:peace:
mfm : magnificent free maps
Garmin nüvi 2575RLM v2.80, Garmin 60CSx v4.00, Garmin nüvi 205W(patched), Papago R5800 X8.5, Qstarz Q1000P (Datalogger)
Retired: GMXT Palm T|X, nuvifone A10 v5.0.77, Garmin-Asus G60 v2.43, GPSlim236 (Datalogger)

zlim8

Postby zlim8 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:26 pm

Hi all, here's the qwerty keyboard for 12XX. what you need to do is unzip the folder, then place the lt_LT.kbd file in your keyboards folder in your garmin drive (not yr microSD coz it will not be read). what i did was to change the keyboard layout of the lithuanian language. Therefore, unless u think u will use the lithuanian keyboard in future, u can safely replace the original lt_LT.kbd with the one in the attachment. After u transfer, turn on ur nuvi 12XX and choose the keyboard to be lithuanian and enjoy the qwerty keyboard.

cheers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Inggo
Contributor
Location: N04'37.399"E103'12.484" MyGPS,Nuvi,PapagoX2/X3/X5 Mapking, I-GO, GarminXT GoSPEED

Postby Inggo » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:40 pm

zlim8 wrote:Hi all, I've created a pseudo qwerty keyboard for nuvi 1200 series. However, it is not yet perfect as i can only display 7 characters per line. if anyone can further perfect it, will be great. just download and replace the en_US.kbd file in yr nuvi keyboard folder, not yr memory card coz it wouldn't be read by the GPS. i have tried and tested, wun hang nuvi coz essentially its juz changing of input and output. i find this keyboard a tiny bit better than the ABCDE one. but anyway i hope i did not post in the wrong forum. i encounter a problem here, i cannot attach my file coz a message pops up saying that my file potentially contains an attack vector.

So anyway, if anyone has a QWERTY keyboard for 1200 series to share, please do so. or if anyone can tell me what is the problem with uploading the file, i'll be happy to share too.

cheers.

1. coz the CRC routine in nuvi thinks yur en_US.kbd was not known and pop up message as malicious soft, but its normal.. maybe there is another way to not REPLACE the keyb file but install it..
2. send your kbd file to this forum by ZIP it first then submit..
3. Great.. you r creative.. :thumbsup:
...maybe the -m'force'm- will be with you, always.. :peace:
:mrgreen: Skywalker

Nev

Postby Nev » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:01 am

Here was the solution I posted on the NZ Open GPS Project forum for my NZ nuvi 1250.

"If you want a QWERTY keyboard - edit: \Keyboards\en_US.kbd

"<group name="QWERTY" priority="1" wide_screen_only="true">"
Change "true" to "false"

Then select US keyboard:
Tools > Settings > Language > Keyboard > American English"

It worked for me.
Last edited by Nev on Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

tlchuan
Polygon Mapper
Location: Subang Jaya (x10 & Oregon 300)Garmin 255w sgmy, 2575RLM, Wayway 5035

Postby tlchuan » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:57 am

Nice work :good:

Return to “GPS Software & Apps”