Garmin-Asus nüvifon A10

Discussions and information on mobile devices with integrated GPS chipset

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS in mobile devices only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Garmin Nuvifon A10

Postby silverbeauty » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:53 am

vikmel99 wrote:

Hi silverbeauty,

I saved the file name GMAPSUPP.IMG file into the [SD Card\GARMIN] folder, it seen no work even i restart my phone..

Help, pls advice. Thanks

Delete file in SD card and redownload a fresh copy and reinstall into sd card/garmin

vikmel99

Postby vikmel99 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:02 pm

silverbeauty wrote:
vikmel99 wrote:

Hi silverbeauty,

I saved the file name GMAPSUPP.IMG file into the [SD Card\GARMIN] folder, it seen no work even i restart my phone..

Help, pls advice. Thanks

Delete file in SD card and redownload a fresh copy and reinstall into sd card/garmin

What you mean "Redownload" and reinstall? do i need to use any software to install the map into my A10?

What i did is, i just connect my A10 with my PC used the USB cable then i drag the file into the SD card Folder name "Garmin", it is wrong?

badai

Postby badai » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:57 pm

not /sdcard

create map folder in /storage

you can name your map anything.img

the full path should be /storage/map/my_map.img

then go to setting, navigation
press menu button
select map info

select your map, unselect map you don't want.

vikmel99

Postby vikmel99 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:59 pm

badai wrote:not /sdcard

press menu button
select map info

Thank badai,

So.. The the Garmin cannot access the map thru Sd Card?

i checked my phone current map's path is /storage/.system/gmapbmap.img

no similiar to your path as /storage/map/my_map.img

y?

badai

Postby badai » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:53 pm

my best guess is less than 20 people in the world will know why the stock map is in one location, and why you can put other map in another location.

so my only suggestion is go google for garmin's e-mail adress and ask them this philosophical question.

the rest of use just care if it would work.

vikmel99 wrote:
badai wrote:not /sdcard

press menu button
select map info

Thank badai,

So.. The the Garmin cannot access the map thru Sd Card?

i checked my phone current map's path is /storage/.system/gmapbmap.img

no similiar to your path as /storage/map/my_map.img

y?

wearwolf

Postby wearwolf » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:29 pm

vikmel99 wrote:
silverbeauty wrote:
vikmel99 wrote:

Hi silverbeauty,

Help, pls advice. Thanks

What you mean "Redownload" and reinstall? do i need to use any software to install the map into my A10?

What i did is, i just connect my A10 with my PC used the USB cable then i drag the file into the SD card Folder name "Garmin", it is wrong?

@vikmel
Just to confirm
- Did u download & install the .EXE/.ZIP file with no problem? either way; re-download a fresh file just in case there's a possible corruption with the file you downloaded
- Did u extract the gmapsupp.img file from the ZIP or did u just rename the .ZIP file to gmapsupp.img instead? Because if u just rename from the ZIP file instead of extract the IMG file from the ZIP file then you hve problems.
- You can also save the GMAPSUPP.img file inside the [SD CARD\MAP] folder and use ANY Name (as long as its abt 8-characters and ends with .img. Example; thailand.img, mexico.img, austrlia.img, samerica.img). I forgot whether longer file name can or not. I usually go for 8-char limit to be safe.

if not... read this forum thread from start page-1 all over again :)
================================
SonyEricsson Xperia X1 / Garmin Asus A10
Garmin Nuvi 255w (KL/SG Edition)
Garmin Dakota 20 (ROM v.3.50)

vikmel99

Postby vikmel99 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:36 am

@vikmel
Just to confirm
- Did u download & install the .EXE/.ZIP file with no problem? either way; re-download a fresh file just in case there's a possible corruption with the file you downloaded

Yes, all file i download is xxxxx.zip

- Did u extract the gmapsupp.img file from the ZIP or did u just rename the .ZIP file to gmapsupp.img instead? Because if u just rename from the ZIP file instead of extract the IMG file from the ZIP file then you hve problems.

Yes, i extract the file and named gmapsupp.img

- You can also save the GMAPSUPP.img file inside the [SD CARD\MAP] folder and use ANY Name (as long as its abt 8-characters and ends with .img. Example; thailand.img, mexico.img, austrlia.img, samerica.img). I forgot whether longer file name can or not. I usually go for 8-char limit to be safe.

I had saved the file gmapsupp.img into the SDcard\Map folder, when i used the Garmin, the map cannot show in the check list.

if not... read this forum thread from start page-1 all over again :)[/quote]

atomic

Postby atomic » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:03 am

vikmel99 wrote:@vikmel
Just to confirm

I had saved the file gmapsupp.img into the SDcard\Map folder, when i used the Garmin, the map cannot show in the check list.

[/quote]

vikmel99,

Create a directory name map in your storage card. When you do dir on your storage card you will see a map folder. Then you copy the img file inside the map folder.

vikmel99

Postby vikmel99 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:39 pm

atomic wrote:
Just to confirm

vikmel99,

Create a directory name map in your storage card. When you do dir on your storage card you will see a map folder. Then you copy the img file inside the map folder.[/quote]

Hi atomic,

i manage to see my map in GARMIN folder (sdcard\Garmin) after i unlock the map.

Now i want to put in more then one map in Garmin folder, i had rename it to gmapsupp1.img or gmapsup1.img. but i cannot see the map i add in..., any solution?

atomic

Postby atomic » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:25 pm

vikmel99 wrote:
atomic wrote:
Just to confirm

vikmel99,

Create a directory name map in your storage card. When you do dir on your storage card you will see a map folder. Then you copy the img file inside the map folder.

Hi atomic,

i manage to see my map in GARMIN folder (sdcard\Garmin) after i unlock the map.

Now i want to put in more then one map in Garmin folder, i had rename it to gmapsupp1.img or gmapsup1.img. but i cannot see the map i add in..., any solution?

Return to “GPS on Mobile Phones & PDAs”