Garmin Nuvi 1450 / 1460

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Garmin 1460 (multiple jcv maps)

Postby silverbeauty » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:09 pm

alphaque wrote:
bluknight wrote:
JasonLee wrote:Just discovered that /Map folder in the SD card works as well (so long as it is in the root directory i.e. at the same level as the /Garmin folder). I decided not to have any maps in the internal memory and moved all my maps to my 8GB SD card leaving only the JCV files and basemap in the Internal memory. I now have more than 10 maps in the card and still plenty of memory capacity left. All the maps are available for selection through Tools>System>Map>Info. Very neat feature.

NOTE: This is for those who wish to store multiple maps into the SD:/Garmin folder that will also have jcv and lane assist whose files are stored in the SD:/Garmin/jcv folder. AND also for the brave trying something that may possibly brick their unit :tease:

There is the GarminDevice.xml file in the main memory:/Garmin folder that determines what file names, path, I/O etc in the device. Notice that you can put maps in the SD:/map directory but the maps will NOT have jcv or lane-assist. This also for maps placed in the Main:/Garmin/map folders. Unfortunately, only a max of TWO maps at a time can currently use the jcv files and it must be named gmapsupp.img. placed in either of the /Garmin folders. POSSIBLE SOLUTION ??

Use a text editor and look at the GarminDevice.xml file: The NMaps xml format does not have a BaseName slot. Thus the SD:/map folders can take anyname.img. Now if you want to put multiple maps into the SD:/Garmin/ folders with anynames.img using the jcv files in your 8G SD:/Garmin/jcv folders here's what you do: Within the SupplementalMaps remove the <BaseName>gsuppmap</BaseName> characters in the xml file. Now the SD:/Garmin will be like the Nmaps, taking any names. You can now store all your unl files in SD:/Garmin with other multiple maps there and it will use the jcv feature. And you do not have to touch your main memory pre-installed files (except this file!!)
Anybody brave enough to try and come back from the dead? Just be v careful - remove only those characters above at the correct location and type carefully. Otherwise you have no device and the usb comms will fail! :cry:

Did anyone try this and works ? Means we can save multiple maps and multiple JCV under sd:/Garmin/ and sd:/Garmin/JCV and load them in 1460 ?

thanks

I usually use only one SD card for one country Map/JCV file at one time as SD card cheap :thumbsup:

andrewkb

Re: Garmin Nuvi 1450 / 1460

Postby andrewkb » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:10 pm

Realised that my basemap is version 4.0 instead of 5.0 as some mentioned here. Should I upgrade it ? How do I do it ?

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:15 pm

andrewkb wrote:Realised that my basemap is version 4.0 instead of 5.0 as some mentioned here. Should I upgrade it ? How do I do it ?

Basemap file name is gmapbmap.img and is stored in hidden folder of MainMenu /system

andrewkb

Postby andrewkb » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:40 pm

Where do I get the v5 basemap ?

silverbeauty

Postby silverbeauty » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:58 am

andrewkb wrote:Where do I get the v5 basemap ?

Google is your best friend :-'

andrewkb

Postby andrewkb » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:29 pm

I tried, can only find basemap v5 for GarminXT :(

bluknight

Re: MFM maps wrongly created

Postby bluknight » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:31 pm

yoladu wrote:
wong01 wrote:I uninstalled WinZip and the icon has changed to a little box with a .img extenstion. I had this copied to my SD card but my nuvi 1460 is unable to read it and it is not shown in the Settings,Map, Info section.
Grateful for further help.

have you created a folder "MAP" in your sdcard ?

all the "img' files must be parked in that folder O:)

Maybe not entirely true (see other posts on this forum). Here is what works for my 1460:
SD:/Garmin/gmapsupp.img and gmapsupp.unl (if needed) for one country map
SD:/Garmin/jcv/ jcv file works for the country with gmapsupp.img file
SD:/map/ anyfilename.img but no jcv feature for a second country map
Other basemaps, etc that came with device in main flash memory .System directory 8-)
1460 Software2.50 GPS3.90 Basemap DEM NR 3.00 MalSing NT 2010.20 City Navigators NT 2010.10 AusNZ 2013.10 Europe NT2010.30 and NAmerica 2011.10 Also 2575RLM 2012 model

nano_x

Postby nano_x » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:13 pm

good day all,

i just bought 1460 on yesterday. i encountered a problem where i can't delete the favourite. first, i go to WHERE TO, FAVOURITE, it came out 3 options. I go to one of the location that i saved but then when i wanna delete it, there is no EDIT or DELETE. Please advice..

JasonLee
Regional Mapper
Location: Penang (Magellan Meridian Color & Garmin Nuvi 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30)

Postby JasonLee » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:18 pm

nano_x wrote:good day all,

i just bought 1460 on yesterday. i encountered a problem where i can't delete the favourite. first, i go to WHERE TO, FAVOURITE, it came out 3 options. I go to one of the location that i saved but then when i wanna delete it, there is no EDIT or DELETE. Please advice..
When you select one of your saved Favorites, you will be presented with a GO option and the map showing the location. You will notice in the dialogue bubble, there is an option to Press for More:
Favorites.jpg

The Edit and Delete options will be available after you pressed the blue words.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lean not on your own understanding

JasonLee
Regional Mapper
Location: Penang (Magellan Meridian Color & Garmin Nuvi 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30)

Postby JasonLee » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:32 pm

After touching Press for More, this is what you will get:
Favorites 1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lean not on your own understanding

Return to “GPS Devices”