Activating Nuvi 13xx 1 sec tracklog feature

Guides, FAQs, How-to, etc

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
doraemon
Polygon Mapper

Re: Activating Nuvi 13xx 1 sec tracklog feature

Postby doraemon » Wed May 12, 2010 10:28 pm

nuvi 255w 1 sec tracklog activation here viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3929&start=0.

The triplog is not recommended to be use as tracks contribution. Because it doesn't tracks at 1 sec.

Cheers!

J2EE

Postby J2EE » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:53 am

This method of activating the 1-sec tracklog is cumbersome as you have to hold it down for 5 secs. And when the trackin is activated, you cannot see the translucent buttons to stop the tracklog. Any other way to do this ?
Gray hairs are signs of wisdom if you hold your tongue, speak and they are but hairs, as in the young - Philo

Garmin Nuvi 1350
Papago X8 OEM SE on Passion OBU
M8 Papago on iPhone 3GS

cheewooi

Postby cheewooi » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:31 pm

I manage to record some track. Now how to retrieve the track and put it in mapsource?

I can't find Debug or Garmin\Logs folder. But I can playback my track in my 1350.
Currently using: Garmin eTrex 30, Garmin GPSmap 62sc

sempoi

Postby sempoi » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:09 pm

newbie here... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Just bought the Nuvi 1350, also want to track my kampung and contribute here laa... \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Got the instruction on how to set the 1 sec tracklog, but need further guide how to import the track into the mapsource?

also, how to turn off the 1 sec tracklog afterwards? or, it will stay on forever?

hopefully sifu's can help lor... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

EDIT : just found the details I'm asking in the other threads in Library.You guys really have a great Library here, easy for newbie like me to find things... Sifu's also willing to guide easily, this community rocks! :prayer: :prayer: :prayer:

tlchuan
Polygon Mapper
Location: Subang Jaya (x10 & Oregon 300)Garmin 255w sgmy, 2575RLM, Wayway 5035

Postby tlchuan » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:02 pm

Hope you can contribute some track here have fun bro :mrgreen:

miezarnd
Valued Contributor

Postby miezarnd » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:01 am

cheewooi wrote:I manage to record some track. Now how to retrieve the track and put it in mapsource?

I can't find Debug or Garmin\Logs folder. But I can playback my track in my 1350.

Hi cheewooi,

For 1350 1-sec tracklog is not located in Garmin\Logs folder but in .system\logs which is the directory is hidden under windows explorer.

You need to go to Tools -> Folder Options -> View (tab) -> Hide Protected Operating System Files. Unchecked it & then you can view the hidden folder.
Temerloh - Sekinchan - Sg. Puyu = 7
2575LM / 4592LM / GPSMAP 64s / Montana 650

lovecherrie
Contributor

Postby lovecherrie » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:57 pm

I got few files inside the logs folder, which the folder contain of gps.bin, nav.bin and traffic.bin. the gps.bin got bigger file size which nav.bin and traffic.bin got only 1k size.

May I know how to do the contribution through this file?

Thank you :peace:

JasonLee
Regional Mapper
Location: Penang (Magellan Meridian Color & Garmin Nuvi 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30)

Postby JasonLee » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:03 pm

lovecherrie wrote:I got few files inside the logs folder, which the folder contain of gps.bin, nav.bin and traffic.bin. the gps.bin got bigger file size which nav.bin and traffic.bin got only 1k size.

Here is what you have to do:

1. Copy or move ALL the folders (tracks) from your GPS' \.system\Logs folder to your PC. Having done that, you can disconnect your GPS to avoid any accidental deletion or modifications to the GPS files.
2. Download the latest wNutrak application from here: http://www.anpo.republika.pl/download.html#nutrak
3. Open wNutrak and point the INPUT to the folder in your PC where you have copied or moved the folders and point OUTPUT to a folder in your PC where you wish to store the converted .gpx files
4. Open MapSource and the open one of the .gpx files you have just converted. You will be able to see the track on the map if the map chosen in MapSource is the MFM map.
5. Edit or do whatever necessary to the open track (like giving it a meaningful name because by default the name is based on the date and time of the recording or changing the colour of the track or merging several tracks into one or adding waypoints to name the tracks if the tracks represent new roads, etc) then save as a .gdb file using MapSource.

You contribute by uploading the .gdb file into an appropriate thread in this Forum
Lean not on your own understanding

lovecherrie
Contributor

Postby lovecherrie » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:11 pm

JasonLee wrote:
lovecherrie wrote:I got few files inside the logs folder, which the folder contain of gps.bin, nav.bin and traffic.bin. the gps.bin got bigger file size which nav.bin and traffic.bin got only 1k size.

Here is what you have to do:

1. Copy or move ALL the folders (tracks) from your GPS' \.system\Logs folder to your PC. Having done that, you can disconnect your GPS to avoid any accidental deletion or modifications to the GPS files.
2. Download the latest wNutrak application from here: http://www.anpo.republika.pl/download.html#nutrak
3. Open wNutrak and point the INPUT to the folder in your PC where you have copied or moved the folders and point OUTPUT to a folder in your PC where you wish to store the converted .gpx files
4. Open MapSource and the open one of the .gpx files you have just converted. You will be able to see the track on the map if the map chosen in MapSource is the MFM map.
5. Edit or do whatever necessary to the open track (like giving it a meaningful name because by default the name is based on the date and time of the recording or changing the colour of the track or merging several tracks into one or adding waypoints to name the tracks if the tracks represent new roads, etc) then save as a .gdb file using MapSource.

You contribute by uploading the .gdb file into an appropriate thread in this Forum

Thank you brother, able to do it and contribute to appropriate thread. :rox:

Return to “Library”