MFM-Garmin 111107 Feedback

Archive for previous discussions and feedback which are not relevant currently due to MFM's progress

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

alharis299
Champion Polygon Mapper
Champion Polygon Mapper

Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 111107

Postby alharis299 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:34 pm

sobamy wrote:Some anti-virus programs use heuristic scanning technology, and usually gives a "false-positive" reading. You can disable this feature in your anti-virus software. Alternatively, disable the "Antivir Guard". After installation, enable it back.

I installed MFM-Garmin with AVG anti virus on my Desktop PC, and have no problem. Using the same MFM-Garmin to install in my Notebook with Avira anti virus, I get the virus error message. I then disabled the Avira anti virus prior to the installation of the map, then enable it back. Hope this helps... Cheers.

When you disable your antivirus, you are allowing 2 viruses into your computer system. Are you sure. [-X

:rox:

adrianyujs

Postby adrianyujs » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:38 pm

alharis299 wrote:
sobamy wrote:Some anti-virus programs use heuristic scanning technology, and usually gives a "false-positive" reading. You can disable this feature in your anti-virus software. Alternatively, disable the "Antivir Guard". After installation, enable it back.

I installed MFM-Garmin with AVG anti virus on my Desktop PC, and have no problem. Using the same MFM-Garmin to install in my Notebook with Avira anti virus, I get the virus error message. I then disabled the Avira anti virus prior to the installation of the map, then enable it back. Hope this helps... Cheers.

When you disable your antivirus, you are allowing 2 viruses into your computer system. Are you sure. [-X

He means the virus is fake, thus it allow, at last nothing will happen, just normal..

duke17
Champion Polygon Mapper
Champion Polygon Mapper

Postby duke17 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:41 pm

Hi Ong,

This latest version is unable to calculate the distance of a route in my Garmin Zumo 550.
Garmin Montana 650; Nuvi 2575RLM; BMW Navigator V; Nuvi 205; Garmin Edge 1000; mfm

alharis299
Champion Polygon Mapper
Champion Polygon Mapper

Postby alharis299 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:52 pm

adrianyujs wrote:
alharis299 wrote:

He means the virus is fake, thus it allow, at last nothing will happen, just normal..

These virus are not fake, it's real, I just allowed it too, and my windows explorer is taking nearly a minute to display all folders.

:thumbsdown:

adrianyujs

Postby adrianyujs » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:54 pm

alharis299 wrote:
These virus are not fake, it's real, I just allowed it too, and my windows explorer is taking nearly a minute to display all folders.

maybe just coincidence u got windows problem? or try restart ur pc and check it again.

kb27
Valued Contributor

Postby kb27 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:42 pm

alharis299 wrote:These virus are not fake, it's real, I just allowed it too, and my windows explorer is taking nearly a minute to display all folders.

Windows slow is not equal to virus.
Blame it on m$ :mrgreen:

Virus and trojans do something else.

Besides, those who didn't use Avira did not have any "virus" problem.

mhry

Postby mhry » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:01 pm

I am using Bitdefender Internet Security 2012, no virus detected.
I think it should be OK.

hcyee

Postby hcyee » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:07 pm

I think admin has to fix this virus problem ... maybe recompile it.

OR else I expect this thread will be going to be a very long one ... everyone just come back to complain the virus problem.
Last edited by hcyee on Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

sobamy
Polygon Mapper

Postby sobamy » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:35 pm

I have just done an anti-malware scan using Microsoft's Malicious Software Removal Tool, and it confirmed that my Notebook which has MFM-Garmin and Avira anti virus installed are free from malwares.

You can download a free Microsoft's Malicious Software Removal Tool v4.2 from MS website below.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... g=en&id=16

Hope this helps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
~~ freely receive ~ freely give ~~

kuldip38

Postby kuldip38 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:55 pm

Manage to download after deactivating Avira.

However, it is highly recommended that it is checked for virus free.
Frankly, the propose solution should not be the way to go forward.
This is shown to affect other users. As i indicated I NEVER had problem until this first time.
So, address the root cause

Thanks for feedback on another post checking it is not malware, virus.
This at least puts one at ease, but really appreciate clean uploads files to share!!

Appreciate all the downloads coming so far and keep it going.

Return to “Archive (Garmin)”