MFM-Garmin 111226 Feedback

Archive for previous discussions and feedback which are not relevant currently due to MFM's progress

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

chee_loong
Contributor

Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 111226

Postby chee_loong » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:07 am

Downloading.. :tq:
Regards,
Chee Loong (Nuvi 1350)

syahidee

Postby syahidee » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:47 pm

already download and install the map, i'm newbie & i want to ask, where i must copy the map (gmapsupp.img) ? after switch on the garmin what should i do? i'm using nuvi 1350,

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:29 pm

syahidee wrote:already download and install the map, i'm newbie & i want to ask, where i must copy the map (gmapsupp.img) ? after switch on the garmin what should i do? i'm using nuvi 1350,

SD card/garmin directory

emaverick

Postby emaverick » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:13 am

Hi,

Malfreemaps was recommended by one of the shop at SL Square. In my opinion Malfree is pretty much presentable in terms like updates and detailing on the maps. Example the Premium Factory Outlet in Johor was updated on the Malfree map, compare to other maps.

I’ve successfully loaded the map into my Garmin etrax 30, Garmin Asus A50 and Nuvi 3790. However the map install onto the Nuvi 3790 has a problem it has everything except the ROAD layout.
Will brothers and sisters able to advice what went wrong?

Thank you and have a great week.
Maverick

OngCC
Senior Mapper

Postby OngCC » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:37 am

emaverick wrote:Hi,

Malfreemaps was recommended by one of the shop at SL Square. In my opinion Malfree is pretty much presentable in terms like updates and detailing on the maps. Example the Premium Factory Outlet in Johor was updated on the Malfree map, compare to other maps.

I’ve successfully loaded the map into my Garmin etrax 30, Garmin Asus A50 and Nuvi 3790. However the map install onto the Nuvi 3790 has a problem it has everything except the ROAD layout.

Maverick

Please refer to here.
Upload your contribution to MFM drop box if you don't want others to take your contributed tracklogs or POIs.
http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11630

emaverick

Postby emaverick » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:52 am

OngCC wrote:
emaverick wrote:Hi,

Maverick

Please refer to here.

Hi OngCC

Overlook that section, will load the map again this evening.

thank you.

tingweilee

Postby tingweilee » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:34 am

Who can guide on how to install and use MFM maps for my nuvi 2465 ? i'm currently using window 7 ultimate~i had attempted more than 5 times to install MFM maps ,but i failed to use it on my device? which sifu or pro can guide me? thanks for ur helps~

tuakilan

Postby tuakilan » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:28 pm

OngCC wrote:Free Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei & Thailand Garmin GPS Map

Disclaimer & Warranty
The map provided is on "as-is" basis, MFM provides no warranty & disclaims liability on any damages whatsoever arising from its use. DO NOT use the map if you do not agree to this condition!

MFM-Garmin 111226 is available for download from the servers below.

FREQUENT QUESTIONS

1. My device lags or refresh very slowly when using MFM maps. What can I do?
Answer wrote:Try the potential solutions below:
  • Set Map detail to "Normal" or "Less often"
  • Delete all custom POIs (files with .gpi extension under POI folder)
  • Exclude colored polygons when you generate MFM-Garmin map
  • Donate your old GPS to MFM and get yourself a new one :$gone: :mrgreen:

2. My Garmin device cannot read MFM map. What is the problem?
Answer wrote:From MFM v1.63 onwards, MFM map will be coded in a new format. Older devices such at GPSMAP 60CS or Garmin Que will not be able to read new MFM maps. Please use MFM v1.62

3. Can I combine MFM and MSM maps?
Answer wrote:You can. There are various ways and results from these ways. Refer to and post questions at Combine MFM & MSM

4. Why is my Garmin unable to display map for Perak, Selangor, KL, Negeri Sembilan and the east coast states?
Answer wrote:Because you have uploaded MFM and MSM map together and there is a Map ID clash. Either remove one of the maps or make sure you edit MSM's map ID.

5. How do I create Mal/SG map for my Garmin device with MFM-Garmin-09xxxx.exe?
Answer wrote:Method 1: Click "yes" when prompted "Do you wish to create a gmapsupp.img?" at the end of the installation process. This is the recommended way.
Method 2: Use Mapsource to upload the maps.
Refer to our installation guide for more guidance.

6. My map goes blank except for POIs then the roads appear again. What should I do?
Answer wrote:Solution is possible if you use Method 1 (refer to Q&A 3) to create your Garmin map. Go to Tools->System->Map->Map Info and uncheck the MFM POI map and MFM Road POI map (if any).

7. Can I use this map if I have another brand of GPS or navigational device?
Answer wrote:NO. MFM map supports only Garmin devices. If you have a Papago device, please download MFM-Papago map.

8. Can I use my own map icons and colors?
Answer wrote:YES. Please refer to MFM map display customization guide.

9. Is updating my map weekly necessary?
Answer wrote:NO. You can visit MFM to get the latest map as and when you like. Our weekly release is mainly for members who are involved in updating our maps. Various contributors get to see their work within a week or two. Chances of errors not detect or duplication of work is minimized.

10. Why can't MFM provide an update log for the benefit of users?
Answer wrote:Each new release incorporates hundreds of individual updates to our maps. We don't have the resources to record and compile a detail update log. To identify the changes to your area of interest, use GPSMapedit to visually compare the gmapsupp.img files.

11. Why are convenience store listed under "Fuel"?
Answer wrote:Categorization of POIs is controlled by Garmin. Click here for further explanation.

NEW FEATURES ON MFM-GARMIN

1. New SG Postal Code & Address Map
MFM's new SG Postal Code & Address map allows users to search for address or postal code. Currently, there are over 21,000 postal codes in our database.

Searching for postal code with house number keypad:

Searching for postal code in address field:

Searching for address:

2. Option to generate MFM-lite version
MFM-Lite has been incorporated into MFM-Garmin. You can generate the lite version using MFM's map generator at the end of the installation process. Just check the "Exclude colored polygons..." box.

3. Proper annoucement of U-turns
Garmin now recognise our maps' left-hand traffic direction. It will ask users to "Make a U-turn" instead of "Turn right then turn right". Our mappers will be updating their maps to conform to Garmin's U-turn standard. If you encounter an U-turn which is not announced properly, please feedback to us.

Because of the change in traffic system, you are advised to turn off (uncheck) U-turn avoidance for better route suggestions.
Image --> Image
At Nuvi's main menu, press Tools, Setting and then Navigation. You will see the screen on the top left. Press the Avoidance button. Ensure U-turn avoidance is unchecked.

MFM Custom Icon Reference:

Feedback for older versions are archived at our Project Room Archive

The weekly release of MFM-Garmin map is primarily for our contributors to check their contributions. You can assume that each release is a test version. If you prefer to use a stable version, just hold on your download for a day or two and observe the feedback of our members.

this update is infected with virus :(

NumberTWO

Postby NumberTWO » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:47 pm

3. Can I combine MFM and MSM maps?

Answer wrote:
You can. There are various ways and results from these ways. Refer to and post questions at Combine MFM & MSM

The hot link provided above is no longer exists..

jovially

Postby jovially » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:35 am

Installed the map into my 765, but the HDB Colored Polygons (purple color) missing.
Am I doing somewhere wrong? thanks.

Return to “Archive (Garmin)”