Nuvi 3560 will not start up

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
sobamy
Polygon Mapper

Re: Nuvi 3560 will not start up

Postby sobamy » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:08 pm

Walawei... Expensive phone call lah. Thought Garmin Singapore can assist... :shock::cry:
~~ freely receive ~ freely give ~~

JasonLee
Regional Mapper
Location: Penang (Magellan Meridian Color & Garmin Nuvi 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30)

Postby JasonLee » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:52 pm

moeyhc wrote:You won't be alone for long. The new map update using a Launcher will see more of such problem.

Bloody Stupid Garmin.... :x I have long avoided loading maps directly into the main unit memory... now it is back to Square One... :finga:

Especially if you use WiFi for your downloading.
Lean not on your own understanding

moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Postby moeyhc » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:12 pm

Bro Jason,

How's life treating you? Long time no see...

The good thing I notice in launcher is that it downloaded the map files into a PC folder then extract/copy to the Nuvi. In that case a break in Internet connection is not a problem.

The danger comes when the map is in the process of being copied and something happen to the USB connection. The filename is already written (created) but it is incomplete... that will be a disaster.
Hence, the advice from Bro Sobamy to "Cut" (or transfer) the map files away from the main memory after its creation without disconnecting the USB and storing it in the PC/SD card is useful. Since, Cut and Paste can take some time for data transfer I will rename the map file extension first from xxxxxxx.img to xxxxxxx.gmi (reverse of img) before the Cut n Paste. This will effectively block any bad map from the unit. Renaming takes millie seconds and should lower the risk further.

What do you all think?
Last edited by moeyhc on Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Common Sense Is Not Common.

moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Postby moeyhc » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:54 pm

alharis299 wrote:No problem to me, I'm using Garmin 2465, it's smooth and steady.
Thanks to Garmin with new launcher.

:rox:

How are you bro alharis299?

Agreed that the launcher makes life easy. I have many units to update for friends and family members and the risk goes up. One wrong moves and that is it! Am doing this for free... and the next best thing to do is to let them update by themselves... why should I be blame if something goes wrong.

Remember Murphy's Law... it will come to haunt you when you need your GPS most!... :lol:

Buy Garmin Last.... :tease:
Common Sense Is Not Common.

eddy_duyung
Contributor
Location: Tinggi Island,Johore. Garmin Mobile XT,nüvi 50LM,nüvi 880,nüvi 255W,nüvi 2465

Postby eddy_duyung » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:56 pm

Dont be so frusted Bro,it is always a solutions for your problem, i'ved bricked my 2465 before,will look the link i'ved post before or will post it here soon,give me some time.
Nokia 5800XM , Garmin nüvi 50LM,Garmin nüvi 880,Garmin nüvi 255W,Garmin nüvi 2465

simseair
Valued Contributor

Postby simseair » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:03 pm

Hope you can find the link.

eddy_duyung
Contributor
Location: Tinggi Island,Johore. Garmin Mobile XT,nüvi 50LM,nüvi 880,nüvi 255W,nüvi 2465

Postby eddy_duyung » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:45 am

1. This tutorial is tested with Garmin Nuvi 2465 My/Sg Unit SW V4.60
2. Get this file first " SG/MY V4.60 " HERE Sources from this POST
3. Get " GarminCure3 " from HERE :
4. Unpack @ UNRAR the file or exe file with name " nuvi24x5_SG_v460 " from step 2
5. find file " GUPDATE.GCD " inside this folder .Normally it's inside ( dir/nuvi24x5_SG_v460/nuvi24x5/.System/GUPDATE.GCD )
6. RUN " GarminCure3 " application
7. Drag N Drop file " GUPDATE.GCD " to / inside " GarminCure3 " applications
8. choose " CURE "
9. Click " Make firmware "
10.Click Updater.exe,choose USB and let this software standby / ready to use on your desktop
11.Switch Off your Nuvi 2465
12.Press the upper left corner of the screen and switch it ON
13.Release your finger from switch button while keep touch the screen.
14.Wait till Garmin logo appear.
15.Plug the USB cable to the USB jack of Nuvi 2465 unit " lower left corner " ( Do Not USE the jack attached with the holder )
16.you will hear the sound of devices plug in to the PC same as we plug in thumb drive,And you will see your devices appear at " updater.exe " interface
17.At this time clik " OK " at " updater exe " software.This is the most important timing.
18.And still keep your finger until " updater.exe " do it job ,and the devices will restart ,and some small word " updater "
will appear at Nuvi 2465 screen,at this point you can release your finger and breath like normal.
19.Wait till " updater.exe " finish it's job.
20.At this method like what " KUNIX " said..your PC will recognised or detect back you gps unit,and you can start
undo or repair the file what you have done wrong before,also you also can use the " Garmin Webupdater " to restore any missing file at this point.
HERE if you dont haved 1
21.After all,you can restart back the unit and see either the unit can boot in normal mode.
22.for me..after all,i restart the unit but it cant boot like normal.So i repeat step 6 again,but choose " ORIGINAL "
IN STEP 8.wait till finish then switch on my Nuvi 2465 and its boot back to normal and recovered from bricked
23.If this still didnt help you,try read this post " HERE " on how to reformat Nuvi drive by using " RMPREPUSB "...

I Hope this will give some help for some of Nuvi 2465 User who was bricked his unit like me..

This is my original post at others site,link attached above ..i hope you can visit their website for more informations.
Nokia 5800XM , Garmin nüvi 50LM,Garmin nüvi 880,Garmin nüvi 255W,Garmin nüvi 2465

Return to “GPS Devices”