Unusual routing from/to Kelantan

Organize, plan, exchange ideas, debate our mapping project.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about current MFM projects or propose new projects only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
tanseehua

Unusual routing from/to Kelantan

Postby tanseehua » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:31 am

I have found some routing error on MFM 1.32 till 1.34. i tested on nuvi 200w and 205. From Kota Bharu to KL. the device will select route from KB trought KT, Kuantan to KL...........it strange. and i try KL to Kota Bharu, lagi strance it lead me to NS Highway and exit at Kuala Kangsar exit and use EW highway to Kelantan.

Normal from KL to KB, our route is KL-Bentong-Raub-Lipis-Musang-Krai-Machang-KB (about 480km). but since 1.32 my nuvi never use this route...................hope taiko can check and see see, both Faster Route, shortest distance also tested, both give same result.

u can see the attachment picture it using Via KT-Kuantan route total KM is 585KM, via NS highway via IPOH then EW highway is 540km, is a lot more than normal route via raub gua musang that only about 480km
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tanseehua

MFM v1.43 feedback

Postby tanseehua » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:17 pm

Try this v1.43 on my nuvi 250, faied to calculate route from KL to my hometown Kuala Krai. try a lot of POI in kuala krai also same, maybe some disconnection route appear. previos version is okay

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Re: Unusual routing from/to Kelantan

Postby antyong (retired) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:54 pm

Guys, I am interested to know if we still have funny routes or errors if we try to route to or from Kelantan. I'd tested MFM v1.45 on my Nuvi 205W. Routings seems ok.

Please report your findings here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

srusnan

Postby srusnan » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:33 am

Hi Anthony,

I am working with Mapsource with MFM 1.45.

Routing from KL to route4 near Pasir Putih, Kelantan, does give me the "funny" routing. If selected destination is N5 46.462 E102 24.896, I got the ECE-Jerangau route. If I am to switch the target slightly West by say 20m, I would get the Gua Musang route. I notice there is a "tile border" in the vacinity.

Ironically, if I am to do a direct routing between point A and B on route4, transversing the offending area, there is no problem, hence route4 itself is not disconnected. It is something beyond my understanding.

Hope this helps.

regards

JIRO
Valued Contributor

Postby JIRO » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:58 pm

GMTX 5.00.30 still shows same route to last time...
Shorter distance: route through NSE - Grik - Kota Bharu,
Faster time : LPT- Kuantan- K.trganu- Kota Bharo..

no route trought Kuala Lipis - Gua Musang - Kota Bharu

CasTTeLLo

Postby CasTTeLLo » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:25 pm

still the same problem occurs on my gmxt 95 8G and gmxt on pc
"WHEN THERE IS A WILL THERE IS A WAY"

perpetual
Valued Contributor

Postby perpetual » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:09 pm

that unusual route that you face are good...
good to travel with unusual route.

the unusual route must some place using like Jalan Kampung that will make u pening.
so, like underground place, there are many track that dont have in garmin, MSM, MFM.

you can release your pening with looking and survey that place. how that place condition and how that people live. jalan² with aoutomatic done tracking.

:mrgreen:

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Postby antyong (retired) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:49 pm

Noted the problem on MXT. Any Nuvi or outdoor models facing this problem?

zuree
Valued Contributor

Postby zuree » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:54 pm

bro antyong,
i'm using nuvi 200w. in this new 1.45 mfm, my nuvi doesn't show appropriate route from KB - KL or KL - KB. :-?

cbe2616

Postby cbe2616 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:21 am

I'm using garmin XT, 5.00.30 with MFM 1.45 on my nokia n95, the route suggested (faster) show unusual routing from Bachok to Gombak (petronas karak highway) . The suggested road from Bachok to KL is Bachok-KT-Kuatan and KL with the distance 565 km and gamin unable to calculate the route if Faster mode is selected.

The route from Gombak to Bachok, the route suggested also, unusual routing. Gombak- Behreng-Ipoh-Slim river-Kuala Kangsar-Machang with the distance is 554 km.

The shorter or faster route form KB to KL or from KL to KB ia through bentong, raub, lipis, gua musang , kuala krai and kb and vise versa....

Return to “Project Room”