MFM Papago X2 map

MFM community forum where you can find out the latest happenings and issues at MFM

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum

Do you support MFM releasing Papago maps?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:02 am

Yes
98%
No
2%

Total votes: 136

moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Re: MFM Papago X2 map

Postby moeyhc » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:44 am

This is the best news in a gloomy economic environment... This is the best way to let Garmin knows that we are serious in our quest to produce Free Map... My vote is a YES!... cheers!
Common Sense Is Not Common.

jeremaze
Polygon Mapper

Postby jeremaze » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:59 am

So far, anyone here know the advantages and disadvantages of Papagox2 compare to Garmin?
http://www.facebook.com/pages/10000-People-Request-Garmin-to-provide-Compiler-to-MFM-Malfreemapscom/256105137738698

wahladino

Postby wahladino » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:13 pm

I'm for it for MFM to go into compling papago map.

Understand our forum still very skilled to garmin, don really see many many papago user here. Perhaps We should invite Papago intrested group to our forum, undestand what is the end user requirment and whether if number of user justify for our mapper to spend resource to do up papago map.

alyem
Regional Mapper

Postby alyem » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:34 pm

wahladino wrote:I'm for it for MFM to go into compling papago map.

Understand our forum still very skilled to garmin, don really see many many papago user here. Perhaps We should invite Papago intrested group to our forum, undestand what is the end user requirment and whether if number of user justify for our mapper to spend resource to do up papago map.

Yes there is not many Papago then Garmin b.cos the maps is FREE for garmin user here.
Now..... :rox: is making the map FREE for Papago users. And this we will see more and more Papago in this forum.
keong8260 wrote:I saw from Papago! web site, they are partners (GPS manufacturer) of Papago!, is all of them can use Papago map?
:tq:

or refer to http://www.papago.com.tw/products/ProductCustomer.aspx

This is another GOOD NEWS if the maps that we are compiling work for all this device we can now buy China GPS.. :mrgreen:

jeremaze wrote:So far, anyone here know the advantages and disadvantages of Papagox2 compare to Garmin?

Papago is cheaper
Papago is slimer
Papago sceen is bigger (5 inch)
Papago Maps Wait for MFM maps :thumbsup:
:mrgreen:
73, 9w2yyl
You need the MAP, We need your TRACK

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:04 pm

zuree
Valued Contributor

Postby zuree » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:59 pm

alyem wrote:
wahladino wrote:I'm for it for MFM to go into compling papago map.

Yes there is not many Papago then Garmin b.cos the maps is FREE for garmin user here.
Now..... :rox: is making the map FREE for Papago users. And this we will see more and more Papago in this forum.
keong8260 wrote:I saw from Papago! web site, they are partners (GPS manufacturer) of Papago!, is all of them can use Papago map?
:tq:

or refer to http://www.papago.com.tw/products/ProductCustomer.aspx

This is another GOOD NEWS if the maps that we are compiling work for all this device we can now buy China GPS.. :mrgreen:

jeremaze wrote:So far, anyone here know the advantages and disadvantages of Papagox2 compare to Garmin?

Papago is cheaper
Papago is slimer
Papago sceen is bigger (5 inch)
Papago Maps Wait for MFM maps :thumbsup:
:mrgreen:

sure after this Papago price will up because MFM map available to download and compatible with Papago :mrgreen:

hopefully in the future our MFM map is compatible with Tom Tom, IGo, Magellan, and Garmin will 'Tak Laku' in the market :mrgreen:
Last edited by zuree on Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

feiming
Valued Contributor

Postby feiming » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:09 pm

Just wan to know,there's are hacks to edit the header of papago map to make it compatible with mapking.

is that make us considered supporting mapking and does mapking going to support papago's features?

What happens if mapking vendor hack our papago's map to make it compatible and advertise it but the features is unavailable on mapking.

sunn
Senior Mapper
Location: Shah Alam (HP4150 & SIRF3 BT, HP6515, Etrex Legend HCX, Omnia i900 16GB, Samsung Note 2, Ipad 2

Postby sunn » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:22 pm

No hack talking here..... :-$ :mrgreen:
It is a merit to forgive others:
The more we forgive the more merit we collect.

(Upload your contribution to MFM drop box if you don't want others to take your contributed tracklogs or POIs. )

badrol
Polygon Mapper

Postby badrol » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:38 pm

feiming wrote:Just wan to know,there's are hacks to edit the header of papago map to make it compatible with mapking.

is that make us considered supporting mapking and does mapking going to support papago's features?

What happens if mapking vendor hack our papago's map to make it compatible and advertise it but the features is unavailable on mapking.

Other people hacking our map is a risk that we need take. Not much we can do about it. Every software can be hacked, so why worry about it. For me, as long as I'm getting the satisfaction from my hobby (traking & mapping) then I'm ok with it. Don't worry to much on things that we can't control. We provide free map for the world to us, not just to the member of our comunity only. Just do it
ImageImageImage

feiming
Valued Contributor

Postby feiming » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:51 pm

It's a great news to Mobile XT users.Time to ditch it for JV support

Return to “Community Hall”