Cameron Highlands Q&A

Share your trip photos, tracklogs, experience & tips. Ask the locals info about your planned destination.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
joeyao
Valued Contributor

Cameron Highlands Q&A

Postby joeyao » Wed May 20, 2009 11:51 am

I intend to visit Cameron Highlands in June and would appreciate any tips and advice from friends in Malaysia on the following queries:

1. There is apparently some issues concerning the water supply in Cameron Highlands. Is this true and if so any updates?
2. Any good recommendations of hotels in Cameron Highlands in terms of cleanliness and service?

Thanks in advance.

moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Re: Queries on Cameron Highlands

Postby moeyhc » Wed May 20, 2009 12:07 pm

Never heard of water problem/s in Cameron Highland. Was staying at the Equatorial Hotel with very good view of Sun rise... Clean and safe place to spend your holidays.. recommended.

Happy Holidays... cheers!
Common Sense Is Not Common.

sunn
Senior Mapper
Location: Shah Alam (HP4150 & SIRF3 BT, HP6515, Etrex Legend HCX, Omnia i900 16GB, Samsung Note 2, Ipad 2

Postby sunn » Wed May 20, 2009 12:47 pm

joeyao wrote:1. There is apparently some issues concerning the water supply in Cameron Highlands. Is this true and if so any updates

Not sure of the issues you are concern about.

FYI, I have a friend who own a nursery and never use water from JPA or JPS so he does not need to pay for water bill.

He uses the stream water siphon down from high up in the hills for his nursery and filtered to consume.

I consume a lot of water but this stream water I consume is heaty. Before this, I was worried that too much stream water will cool down my body too much (on health issue).

But this was not the case in Cameron. If fact, I have the heaty feeling after consuming it. The reason for this effect, as explain by my friend is that, the stream runs along soil which have abundance of ginger along the banks high up in the hills.

Not sure about other water issue though...... O:)
It is a merit to forgive others:
The more we forgive the more merit we collect.

(Upload your contribution to MFM drop box if you don't want others to take your contributed tracklogs or POIs. )

shimiwako
Valued Contributor

Postby shimiwako » Wed May 20, 2009 2:58 pm

On my last trip to Cameron Highlands, tried something different and stayed at Mr & Mrs Ng's farmhouse (N4 30.155 E101 24.431) near Equatorial Hotel. Room is simple, clean and spacious. Tel: 05-4961240

uncle wong
Regional Mapper
Location: Kuala Lumpur - Selangor - Johor I did not have a GPS device

Postby uncle wong » Wed May 20, 2009 3:02 pm

Equatorial Hotel good hotel & great view , as for food ...see below name card , the food there at reasonable price
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Enjoy the GPS’s life!

hornet
Regional Mapper

Postby hornet » Wed May 20, 2009 3:15 pm

Good chicken/duck rice at Brinchang town behind Regency Condotel. Forgot name.... :mrgreen:

Don't forget to visit Boh Tea plantation. Nice view ...
Last time I was stayed at CH about 3 yrs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Redstorm
Contributor

Postby Redstorm » Wed May 20, 2009 8:42 pm

I recently drove all the way up to Cameron Highland from Sg. Stayed at Century Pines Hotel at Tanah Rata. Very nice, clean and spacious room with a balcony. Many F&B outlets within walking distance such as Mary Brown, Coffee Bean, Mayflower Steamboat, etc. No water issue. You get water from the tap 24/7. :mrgreen:
Free beer tomorrow!ImageImage

simonysc

Postby simonysc » Wed May 20, 2009 11:29 pm

No problem with water quality. My uncle is managing this hotel located in the heart of Brinchang. Cleaniness is good. Book early because June is the peak season (school holiday). If the need arises, tell him his nephew Simon from Ipoh recomended you to his hotel.

joeyao
Valued Contributor

Postby joeyao » Thu May 21, 2009 6:26 pm

Thanks for all the replies. Much appreciated.

sharkteef
Valued Contributor

Postby sharkteef » Thu May 28, 2009 12:22 am

dont eat at brinchang. all restoran cut throat there.
when u buy dried strawberries, make sure u buy those that are NOT DEEP RED in color. normal cili red is ok, too deep red no good. those got higher content of sugar and strawberries are older.

Return to “Holiday & Travel”