MFM Papago X2 map

MFM community forum where you can find out the latest happenings and issues at MFM

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum

Do you support MFM releasing Papago maps?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:02 am

Yes
98%
No
2%

Total votes: 136

badrol
Polygon Mapper

Re: MFM Papago X2 map

Postby badrol » Fri May 22, 2009 6:31 pm

This is the reason i like Garmin. Its map is usable for all of their devices & os. Hopefully MFM papago map can be used for majority of the devices.
ImageImageImage

DeKola

Postby DeKola » Fri May 22, 2009 7:52 pm

antyong wrote:At the moment, we are working on a custom version of X2 where the routing engine is optimized based on my feedback plus other enhancements. I have tested our map on other Papago versions and it doesn't work at this moment. Papago has promised tools to make our map work on standard X2. Will confirm in due time.

Eu JIn wrote:Thanks for your enquiry & interest in our products. Our new retail price has revised to Rm 1200. Products is warranty for 1 year of purchased. As for map updates, there be every 6 months & for the 1st year is free. We will provide you a CD for the map updates which we did to a few of my customer . For dealer, price will be at Rm XXX.xx and a MOQ of XX unit per month. Anyway, may I know what is your core business at XXXXXXXXX , IT or car accessories industry?

Please do not hesitate to give me a call at yout convenience at 016 3919090.

Wow...........
I guess Papago is not better nor different from Garmin ....in business ethics.

Will MFM scrap all the garmin platform maps after working together with Papago???

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Postby antyong (retired) » Fri May 22, 2009 8:27 pm

DeKola wrote:
antyong wrote:At the moment, we are working on a custom version of X2 where the routing engine is optimized based on my feedback plus other enhancements. I have tested our map on other Papago versions and it doesn't work at this moment. Papago has promised tools to make our map work on standard X2. Will confirm in due time.

Eu JIn wrote:Thanks for your enquiry & interest in our products. Our new retail price has revised to Rm 1200. Products is warranty for 1 year of purchased. As for map updates, there be every 6 months & for the 1st year is free. We will provide you a CD for the map updates which we did to a few of my customer . For dealer, price will be at Rm XXX.xx and a MOQ of XX unit per month. Anyway, may I know what is your core business at XXXXXXXXX , IT or car accessories industry?

Wow...........

Will MFM scrap all the garmin platform maps after working together with Papago???

Please clarify to everybody...

- This company that you queried, is it Papago or Maction Technologies, the maker of Papago?
- Did they claim to be the exclusive distributor of Papago software and hardware in MY & SG?
- What is this company's name?

Bro, if you are confused yourself about Papago's business model and make general statement based on your assumptions, nobody will benefit O:)

Ask yourself this - when MFM-Papago map becomes a reality and Papago devices are sold below RM1000 by other distributors and retailers, can this company survive selling their devices at RM1,200?

DeKola

Postby DeKola » Fri May 22, 2009 9:39 pm

antyong wrote:
DeKola wrote:

Wow...........

Please clarify to everybody...

- This company that you queried, is it Papago or Maction Technologies, the maker of Papago?
- Did they claim to be the exclusive distributor of Papago software and hardware in MY & SG?
- What is this company's name?

Bro, if you are confused yourself about Papago's business model and make general statement based on your assumptions, nobody will benefit O:)

Ask yourself this - when MFM-Papago map becomes a reality and Papago devices are sold below RM1000 by other distributors and retailers, can this company survive selling their devices at RM1,200?

Selling price Rm998

http://www.navitech.com.my

03 62733899
016 3919090
pang.eujin@gmail.com

Our selling price has revised to Rm 1200. early April 2009

By a member in another forum wrote:too expensive, last time i read in advertisement selling only RM 850 - RM 899. :thumbsdown:

Just hi lite the "circumstances" for members to have slight knowledge in Papagos' unit pricing.
Model x2
PAPAGO Z-820 (A Revolution In GPS Navigation)

uncle wong
Regional Mapper
Location: Kuala Lumpur - Selangor - Johor I did not have a GPS device

Postby uncle wong » Fri May 22, 2009 9:51 pm

mark up price when they have map to download every week ?? making big money from our hard work & hobby ??? SORRY , I WONT AGREED :fire: :fire: :fire:
Enjoy the GPS’s life!

tympg
Senior Mapper

Postby tympg » Fri May 22, 2009 10:11 pm

uncle wong wrote:mark up price when they have map to download every week ?? making big money from our hard work & hobby ??? SORRY , I WONT AGREED :fire: :fire: :fire:

What on earth are you talking about? Who said Navitech is using our map data?
Garmin nüvi 2575R; Garmin eTrex Vista HCx; Android 5.0.1 Phone

uncle wong
Regional Mapper

Postby uncle wong » Fri May 22, 2009 10:43 pm

tympg wrote:
uncle wong wrote:mark up price when they have map to download every week ?? making big money from our hard work & hobby ??? SORRY , I WONT AGREED :fire: :fire: :fire:

then salah faham ....sorry
Enjoy the GPS’s life!

DeKola

Postby DeKola » Fri May 22, 2009 11:54 pm

tympg wrote:

My understanding is that Uncle Wong ---tried to say that they had the opportunity hence the pricing of the unit changed
I think I don't salah faham my self

uncle wong
Regional Mapper

Postby uncle wong » Fri May 22, 2009 11:56 pm

DeKola wrote:
tympg wrote:

My understanding is that Uncle Wong ---tried to say that they had the opportunity hence the pricing of the unit changed
I think I don't salah faham my self

yup
Enjoy the GPS’s life!

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Postby antyong (retired) » Sat May 23, 2009 12:13 am

What MFM is currently doing has nothing to do with Navitech. They raised their price before we were approached to compile Papago.

Return to “Community Hall”