How to contribute POIs & Track by using Nuvi 1sec. Track

Guides, FAQs, How-to, etc

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
fancheng
Senior Mapper

How to contribute POIs & Track by using Nuvi 1sec. Track

Postby fancheng » Fri May 29, 2009 4:05 pm

Hi All,

Track

Nuvi Hidden Menu for 1sec. Track Log
  1. For those who's have Nuvi with "Where am I ?" Function.
    Where am I.jpg
  2. Please follow Bro zamad Step to enter hidden menu. (Refer viewtopic.php?p=30843#p30843 )
    This function discovery by emmexx member of GPS Passion and post by Bro neadrenalin who's is create patchs for hidden Menu.
    P/S if will fail to enter "Logging Control Menu" you need start over again Tools > Where am I? > follow below step
    zamad wrote:Borrowing your pix and labelling it :-$ , the sequence is 1234. Now I don't need to press the speedometer for 10s anymore :thumbsup:
    shortcut.jpg
  3. After you follow Bro zamad Step then you will come to Logging Control Menu here you can see 2 options.
    Start Playback and Start Recording
    Logging Control.jpg
  4. After Click "Start Recording" the 1sec. track log will start, If you want to Stop just click the "Stop Button"
    By zamad.jpg
  5. To view track Log and Playback (Follow step 2 and click on "Start Playback")
    Here you see few track logs I have saved. If you click the the Log It will enter to Play Log Menu.
    Don't why I can't capture the playback screen but can refer to Bro Zamad Post photo No. 5
    Recorded Logs.jpg

Playback.jpg

6. You need to convert the bin files to gdb files, so you can edit in Mapsource and Post (contribute)
    a. Please download "wNutrak016"" this the software to convert the Nuvi RAW log to gdb file.
    b. Click "Input button" and point to the folder ("nuvi drive":\garmin\logs\xxxxxx) {xxxxxx = date}
    c. Click "Output button" and point to the folder you want to save the gdb file.
    d. Lastly click "Convert button" wah... lah... there have you track log in gdb file.
    wnutrak3.jpg
  7. Open the track log you have converted and edit it.
  8. Before you start using Nuvi to tarck road you have to set Navigation mode to Off Road so that we can a actual road coordinate.
    Tools > System > Navigation > Route Preference > Off Road
    42.jpg
  9. Lastly check satellite signal, I recommend GPS accuracy below 5m.
    126.jpg

For those Nuvi "without where am I?" please refer to Bro JasonLee Post How to activate 1-sec tracklog on N2x0(W), 2x5(W), 7x0 & 7x5

How do I save road name ?
  1. When I tracking road, I will save road name by using "Use where am I?" to save each road name and POIs.
  2. The first road name I will save the full name of Jalan others in short
    example :- Full name "Jalan Sri Pulai 21" others "sp 22"
  3. After convert Nuvi Raw track log to gdb file, I open it with MapSource and Download POIs (saved when tracking) from Nuvi to edit road name and delete all unnecessary POIs (like Home POI, Garmin Dealer POI or others place POI) left what you want contribute. Please refer to How to contribute POIs & Track by using Garmin Mapsource

Special Thank you (without you guys we will not have 1 sec. Track Log in Nuvi). :-
Bro neadrenalin from GPS Passion
Bro emmexx from GPS Passion
Bro JasonLee
Bro zamad
Bro uncle wong (This Ideal from him, I just do it.)
:good: :tq:

P/S Please PM me if my Guide are wrong :tq: in advance. Please bear with poor English.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by fancheng on Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited wnutrak016a link

fauzee
Polygon Mapper

Re: How to contribute POIs & Track by using Nuvi 1sec. Track

Postby fauzee » Fri May 29, 2009 4:56 pm

:peace: :tq: :good:
~Lost Is Nothing~
...PLEASE INSTALL THE LATEST MAPS BEFORE DOIN' SOMETHIN'...

uncle wong
Regional Mapper
Location: Kuala Lumpur - Selangor - Johor I did not have a GPS device

Postby uncle wong » Fri May 29, 2009 9:58 pm

:tq: Bro Fancheng :champ: :champ:
:rox:
Enjoy the GPS’s life!

mancina
Contributor

Postby mancina » Sat May 30, 2009 10:54 am

Yooohooo...

Thanks man... Now my Nuvi205w can do 1sec track.. tested this morning and download to my lappie... in 4min track.. i got 241points.. he he thanks again man..

:peace:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fauzee
Polygon Mapper

Postby fauzee » Sat May 30, 2009 11:19 pm

mancina wrote:Yooohooo...

Thanks man... Now my Nuvi205w can do 1sec track.. tested this morning and download to my lappie... in 4min track.. i got 241points.. he he thanks again man..

:peace:

:welcome: :good: :good: :good: :good: :rox:
your number is 73 :champ: ..look your name here http://malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1616&p=42675#p42675
~Lost Is Nothing~

fauzee
Polygon Mapper

Postby fauzee » Sun May 31, 2009 12:52 am

Hi members..as bro fancheng mention all method above..just wanna share to all members how to save road name with simple method..
make sure enable tracklog function first :mrgreen:
1. when you are do tracking..especially in untracked area..for save the road name,you must touch vehicle icon to get the best coordinate..and then press yes to save location as a favourite.
2. some number will appear. example 20090530_122521_000228 and for the first save,you need delete all number and type the full road name as example 'Jalan Setia 4/6'.
3.next save just use @ symbol. Example 20090530_122521_000101@4/9, 20090530_122521_000228@4/10.
4. Then when u upload in mapsource, just edit with Full Road Name as the first save. :thumbsup:

this method can save a lot of time & gas..so you can do more tracking :peace:
others alternative please be here > How do you record a new road in uncover area / taman :thumbsup:.
Nice keyboard available here MFM custom messages & keyboard layout for Nuvi 200s & 700s
How read tracklog format http://malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1616&start=90
Last edited by fauzee on Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
~Lost Is Nothing~

fauzee
Polygon Mapper

Postby fauzee » Sun May 31, 2009 12:57 am

and then
~Lost Is Nothing~

Taboo

Postby Taboo » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:45 am

The 1234 sequence work on my nuvi 265W. :peace:

Gonna go out and do some tracking with this new function. :thumbsup:

:tq: :good:

Big Cow

Postby Big Cow » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:45 pm

Can someone tell me if I could activate this 1 sec. track on Nuvi 300? If not I will not be able to contribute as you guys did :frus:

taufikab

Postby taufikab » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:58 am

good day,

I have nuvi 200w with no "where am I" menu. can I upgrade the software to get 1 sec tracklog function? if can where can i get that software?

My nuvi details :
nuvi 200w
Software version : 3.60
audio version : 2.30
GPS SW Version : 3.00s

TQ

Return to “Library”