How to play video and music files on your Papago R5800

Guides, FAQs, How-to, etc

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
zamad
Valued Contributor

Re: How to play video and music files on your Papago R5800

Postby zamad » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:47 pm

michael9413 wrote:sorry guys... newbie here... the papago.ini file is it a text file??? I cannot boot up in Windows CE leh... :(

Referring to the first post by bro antyong, the papago.ini is a text file. If you created it with Notepad, remember to remove the .txt. Otherwise that file name would be papago.ini.txt.
mfm : magnificent free maps
Garmin nüvi 2575RLM v2.80, Garmin 60CSx v4.00, Garmin nüvi 205W(patched), Papago R5800 X8.5, Qstarz Q1000P (Datalogger)
Retired: GMXT Palm T|X, nuvifone A10 v5.0.77, Garmin-Asus G60 v2.43, GPSlim236 (Datalogger)

andypyt

Postby andypyt » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:20 pm

zamad wrote:
michael9413 wrote:sorry guys... newbie here... the papago.ini file is it a text file??? I cannot boot up in Windows CE leh... :(

Referring to the first post by bro antyong, the papago.ini is a text file. If you created it with Notepad, remember to remove the .txt. Otherwise that file name would be papago.ini.txt.

Thanks Bro. Will try. If O.K I owe you one Teh Tarik.... :)

zamad
Valued Contributor

Postby zamad » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:37 pm

andypyt wrote:Thanks Bro. Will try. If O.K I owe you one Teh Tarik.... :)
Make that teh tarek kurang manis... :mrgreen:
mfm : magnificent free maps
Garmin nüvi 2575RLM v2.80, Garmin 60CSx v4.00, Garmin nüvi 205W(patched), Papago R5800 X8.5, Qstarz Q1000P (Datalogger)
Retired: GMXT Palm T|X, nuvifone A10 v5.0.77, Garmin-Asus G60 v2.43, GPSlim236 (Datalogger)

ajay

Postby ajay » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:34 pm

can the default windows media player play divx/xvid file?
how about installing TCPMP movie player? is it possible? sorry, i'm not familiar with win CE.
from Garmin Que for Pocket PC to Garmin Mobile XT for Windows Mobile to Nuvi 205W to Papago M9 for Android & now Garmin Nuvi 2576.

michael9413

Postby michael9413 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:37 pm

zamad wrote:

thanks... will try out this weekend... BTW... do they have any Real player for Windows CE?
I hope that it can play a lot of format... :)

andypyt

Postby andypyt » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:57 am

zamad wrote:
andypyt wrote:Thanks Bro. Will try. If O.K I owe you one Teh Tarik.... :)
Make that teh tarek kurang manis... :mrgreen:

No Problem. I will get you Teh Tarik Glass Kurang manis.
:)

Will be going Back to Melaka this week end. Hope to try the tweak Next week.

michael9413

Postby michael9413 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:35 pm

Thanks Bro Zamad... i manage to get into the CE already... but the touch screen response is a bit slow... :)

michael9413

Postby michael9413 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:38 am

Hey bro... i could not play quite a numbers of files in the Media player... all in AVI extension...
Sorry i'm still new new new in Windows CE... any one can help me???

BTW is there any way that we can play Real Media Files in the CE also???

skylinestan

Postby skylinestan » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:02 pm

where to find these .dll file to this PND windows ce?? :-k

stjoe

Postby stjoe » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:08 am

bro, what is the setting for miopocket for papago? which one to use:

4D) Non-Mio devices
Warning: Some obscure GPS devices (especially no-name Chinese GPS devices) do not revert Windows back to an unmodified condition when you perform a hard reset. You are advised against putting MioPocket on such devices because there is no way to undo any undesirable changes and you might permanently brick your unit. Most reputable brands, including all of the following, are fine.
Asus: Copy MioAutoRun.exe, MioAutoRun.mscr, MortScript.exe and ASUS_UserFlashCopy.dll to the root of your SD card. No renaming is needed.
Becker: Copy MioAutoRun.exe, MioAutoRun.mscr and MortScript.exe to the root of your SD card, then rename MioAutoRun.exe to AutoRun.exe and MioAutoRun.mscr to AutoRun.mscr
Binatone: Copy MioAutoRun.exe, MioAutoRun.mscr and MortScript.exe to the root of your SD card, then create in the same place a file named shell.ini with nothing but the path to MioAutoRun.exe in it.
HP iPAQ: Copy MioAutoRun.exe, MioAutoRun.mscr and MortScript.exe to the root of your SD card, then rename MioAutoRun.exe to CElauncher.exe and MioAutoRun.mscr to CElauncher.mscr
Insignia: Create a folder named CNAV on the SD card, copy MioAutoRun.exe, MioAutoRun.mscr and MortScript.exe to that folder, then rename MioAutoRun.exe to CNAVClient.exe and MioAutoRun.mscr to CNAVClient.mscr
Magellan Maestro: Copy MioAutoRun.exe, MioAutoRun.mscr, MortScript.exe and Magellan_AutoRun.inf to the root of your SD card and rename Magellan_AutoRun.inf to GS399AutoRun.inf. If that does not work, rename MioAutoRun.exe to ToCopy.exe and MioAutoRun.mscr to ToCopy.mscr
Magellan Crossover: Copy MioAutoRun.exe, MioAutoRun.mscr and MortScript.exe to the root of your SD card and rename MioAutoRun.exe to micManager.exe and MioAutoRun.mscr to micManager.mscr. Next, make a copy of micManager.exe and rename it to DM.exe.
Medion: Copy MioAutoRun.exe, MioAutoRun.mscr and MortScript.exe to the root of your SD card, then rename MioAutoRun.exe to GOCE.exe and MioAutoRun.mscr to GOCE.mscr.
Navigon: Copy MioAutoRun.exe, MioAutoRun.mscr and MortScript.exe to the root of your SD card, then rename MioAutoRun.exe to AutoRunCE.exe and MioAutoRun.mscr to AutoRunCE.mscr. If that does not work, rename them to UpdateMe.exe and UpdateMe.mscr
Navman: Find and open source.txt on your flash drive, read the "Software:" line and create a folder on your SD card with the name listed before the "6.0" (ex. "MERMAID_405" for the S100). Next, copy MioAutoRun.exe, MioAutoRun.mscr and MortScript.exe to that folder and rename MioAutoRun.exe to Auto.exe and MioAutoRun.mscr to Auto.mscr.
Sanyo: Copy MioAutoRun.exe, MioAutoRun.mscr, MortScript.exe and Sanyo_AutoRun.inf to the root of your SD card and rename Sanyo_AutoRun.inf to AutoRun.inf. If this doesn't work, copy Sanyo_AutoRun.inf to the root of the flash disk and rename it to AutoRun_USB.inf
Wayteq: Create a "Mobilenavigator" folder in the root of the SD card, copy MioAutoRun.exe, MioAutoRun.mscr and MortScript.exe to that folder, then, rename MioAutoRun.exe to Mobilenavigator.exe and MioAutoRun.mscr to Mobilenavigator.mscr

lshian wrote:I insert the SD card to run external programs. As the Papago and most PND don't come with full Windows CE. You need to install alot of *.dll in order to make the programs run.

I finally manage to make the miopocket run properly on my R5800. Here the picture I playing Mahjong solitare. And the Media player was good no lag at all, way better than the Media player 9 come with standard CE. But one thing the 3rd party one is quite buggy, maybe the it for CE 5.0 not CE 6.0. But it still the best as it can play MP4, avi, and divx.

Mahjong.jpg

Later I going to try Garmin Mobile XT for the Windows mobile. Will send picture upon sucessful. :peace:

Return to “Library”