Nuvi 1370T

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
Gungadin

Nuvi 1370T

Postby Gungadin » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:04 pm

Hi

Firstly, thank you MFM for the site, forum and great maps! This is my first post here.

I recently received a Nuvi 1370T as timely gift from a friend in the US.. (My trusty old Nuvi 360 had got corrupted and the local distributor had tosend it back to Taiwan for repairs). Loaded MFM maps onto microSD for the new GPS and it seems to work fine . Had already used on a trip to travel from Sing up the coast to Trengganu and crossing over via backroads and finally onto the new expressway to KL and back to Sing. Encountered no problems or conflicts with the MFM map.The Nuvi 1370 was definitely heaps faster than my old Nuvi360.

However there was one issue I encountered with the MFM maps on the Nuvi1370T. The roads(other than expressways and the road that you are supposed to be routed on) are not drawn. Or is it because my new Nuvi draw the roads by default same color as the background? The roads are however labelled. (see attached example). I tried the MSM map to compare and did not have this issue. Any advice or input appreciated. I would prefer to use MFM maps.

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dvpro

Re: Nuvi 1370T

Postby dvpro » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:13 pm

Maybe this issue is peculiar only to Nuvi1xxx series, but anyway maybe you should try different Map Display Customizations when generating GMAPSUPP.IMG.

And if that still fails, try sending maps from Mapsource, a guide can be followed here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=791

And do inform us of any feedback, there're not many users of this model around, and your feedback may improve usage of MFM map in these devices.
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

knightz

Postby knightz » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:41 pm

Update the Firmware of your unit will solve your problem
Garmin Nuvi 2575RLM SG/MY with MFM 2012.20
Garmin Nuvi 255W with MFM 120827
Holux GPSmile 62F with Galactio V8.8.86

Gungadin

Postby Gungadin » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:16 pm

Dvpro & Knightz ... Thanks and appreciate your helpful suggestions.The latest firmware update on the Nuvi did solve the problem. Everything seems to be happy now! Only wish left would be to have Junction view! for mfm maps! :) Many Thanks again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sengsiong

Postby sengsiong » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:54 pm

Gungadin wrote:Dvpro & Knightz ... Thanks and appreciate your helpful suggestions.The latest firmware update on the Nuvi did solve the problem. Everything seems to be happy now! Only wish left would be to have Junction view! for mfm maps! :) Many Thanks again.

Hi Bro,

Can shar with me where to get the firmwre update? I try it on garmin website but can't get it.
Please help.
Thanks.

sengsiong

Postby sengsiong » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:31 pm

Thanks
Last edited by sengsiong on Mon May 09, 2011 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sengsiong

Postby sengsiong » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:39 am

sengsiong wrote:
Gungadin wrote:Dvpro & Knightz ... Thanks and appreciate your helpful suggestions.The latest firmware update on the Nuvi did solve the problem. Everything seems to be happy now! Only wish left would be to have Junction view! for mfm maps! :) Many Thanks again.

Hey Bro,

I encoutner same problem as well but I cant find the latest firmware update from the web. I had checked from http://www.garmin.com.tw as my set is from taiwan but seems like my firmware is the latest.

My GPS SW version:3.4

Can help? I really hope my 1370t can run MFM map.

Thanks

Hey bro,

Just to inform that I had solved my problem above. Thanks.

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Postby antyong (retired) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:07 pm

sengsiong wrote:
sengsiong wrote:

Hey Bro,

I encoutner same problem as well but I cant find the latest firmware update from the web. I had checked from http://www.garmin.com.tw as my set is from taiwan but seems like my firmware is the latest.

My GPS SW version:3.4

Can help? I really hope my 1370t can run MFM map.

Thanks

Hey bro,

Just to inform that I had solved my problem above. Thanks.

Bro, please share your solution with us. It will be helpful for the next guy who encounter the same problem :)

sengsiong

Postby sengsiong » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:51 am

Hi all,

Just go to http://www.garmin.com.tw/products/Nuvi1 ... nload.html to update the firmware to latest version which is 2.30 and it shall solve the problem :)

raymondkerk

Garmin 1370T

Postby raymondkerk » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:15 am

Guys, i just bought the Garmin 1370T from Taiwan. It comes with taiwan map. However, to upload & use the Msia & Spore map on the device requires additional setting, compared to the Garmin 205/255w.

I have just successfully completed the map uploading. So the following is to share with you the additional setting & process flow:

Here they are:
1. Download the latest 2.30 version software (10.9mb) into your computer by clicking on the following link:
"nuvi 1370T(TWN)2.30版軟體更新下載"
http://download.garmin.com/tw/download/ ... T_v230.exe

2. Download the lastest Msia & Spore GPS map (46.7mb) from one of the following sites (as at to-date):
"MFM-Garmin-090921"
http://www.malfreemaps.net/MFM-Garmin-090921.exe
http://mlkstd.mmu.edu.my/~v1112220/inde ... 090921.exe

3. Connect your Garmin device with your computer. In your Garmin device, create a new folder named "Map",
(this folder should be at the root directory along other folders like G:\Garmin, G:\GPX, G:\Help... G:\Map)

4. Install the "nuvi1370T_v230", follow the instruction. After the software installation completed, unplug & restart your Garmin device.
(after restart, u should see the new software version in your Garmin device system)

5. Then, connect your Garmin device back with your computer.
Install the "MFM-Garmin-090921" into your computer, & generate the "gmapsupp.img" onto your computer.
Then, follow the program instruction to install the "gmapsupp.img" into your Garmin device.
(Pls install the "gmapsupp.img" into the "Map" folder of your Garmin device)

6. After the installation completed, unplug the Garmin Device, and u are free to use it liao.

Hopefully this will help u guys who have bought the 1370T.

Thanx Yo.

Return to “GPS Devices”