Garmin Nuvi 1450 / 1460

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
gychung

Re: Garmin 1460

Postby gychung » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:35 am

The Nuvi 1460 SUCKS at this point of time.

fooklee
Valued Contributor

Postby fooklee » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:39 am

recommend you perform a master reset. To do a Master Reset on the nuvi® 1xxx:

Note: A master reset will erase all waypoints or favorites and will restore your unit to the default factory settings.

Start with the unit OFF and unplugged from power

Touch and hold the lower right corner of the screen with an index finger or the eraser end of a pencil

Continue touching and holding the lower right hand corner of the screen then power the unit ON

Release the power button when the device powers ON

You will see a new message: Do you really want to erase all user data?

Remove your finger from the touchscreen when this message displays

Touch Yes

The device will automatically reset. Please follow the on screen prompts on the nüvi and when completed place your device in an area with a clear view of the sky until it acquires satellites. If this doesn't fix the issue, I think you should take the unit back to the point of purchase for an exchange. If you want to save your favorites before you perform the reset, then you can follow these instructions. In order to back up your Favorites:

1. Using a USB cable, plug the device into a PC.

2. Open the My Computer icon.

3. Double-click the nuvi drive.

4. Double-click the Garmin folder.

5. Right-click the GPX folder and select Copy.

6. Paste this folder to another location on your PC and assign a new name to the folder.

Once you save a copy of the GPX folder to your computer, you have successfully backed up the waypoints within your device.

With Best Regards,

chaicka
Polygon Mapper

Re: Garmin NUVI 1460 - is it device hardware problem or software

Postby chaicka » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:35 am

gsiew72 wrote:Hi, I've tried uncheck and only using 1 map now. Still giving same problem.

I do not know how to perform a full reset as I've just bought the unit.

Any advice? Thanks!

fooklee has provided the steps. ;)

Remember, backup your stuffs first, else all saved favourites and waypoints will be gone.

dacapo

Postby dacapo » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:17 am

antyong wrote:Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, the solution will have to wait until one of our senior mapper is able to conduct tests on a Garmin 1460. Hopefully it will be a short wait :)

Dear all,

So, what's the situation on this matter..? Has it been solved yet..? I also have the same issue regarding the MFM map (could not load) and still using the pre-installed MSM map... [...bila la aku boleh tukar map ni..?]

Anyway, thank you in advance for all who are trying to crack this problem...
:rox:

fooklee
Valued Contributor

Postby fooklee » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:08 pm

After the master reset. the unit will take some time to learn the user driving habbit. If you just do a simple search (postal or simple search) and daily navigation I think it is fine, but if you try to play the setting and do a nested search here and there during the trip. then the unit might be automatic rebooted. I am still patiently waiting for the S/W patches. :-?

gsiew72

Postby gsiew72 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:35 pm

Dear all,
Thanks for the detailed step. I've tried the master reset. It's still giving me the same problem The unit will shut down by itself when i try to enter certain address. I've asked the seller. I was thinking to replace the unit with 765. Any advice? I actually like the 1460 big screen. But what's the use if it keep rebooting and shutting down when i want to search for address. Another tendency is that if i press the back button for more than 3 times to go to main menu, it will shut down by itself as well.

I'm sad to let go my 1460 to change for 765. If the shut down problem can be easily fixed, then i don't mind waiting. But the seller cannot wait too long. I need to decide by this Sat to replace a unit. He has sent complaint to the Garmin Asia & Malaysia. But I guess they can't resolve the issue in this short time.

Can anyone advise me more on 765 - is it very stable now? I understand from forum users that the custom POI is still a problem at this point in time. What about the junction view, bluetooth etc?

Please kindly advise.

Thank you.

uncle wong
Regional Mapper
Location: Kuala Lumpur - Selangor - Johor I did not have a GPS device

Postby uncle wong » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:47 pm

765 stable la , no problem with jcv & bluetooth . :thumbsup:
Enjoy the GPS’s life!

gsiew72

Postby gsiew72 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:03 pm

I unwillingly has changed to model 765. The screen is smaller :(
and also the search and recalculation is much slower than the 1460.

johnTan
Valued Contributor

Postby johnTan » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:54 am

Garmin.com.sg released SOFTWARE UPDATE for Nuvi 1460.
nüvi® 1460 Sing/Mal (010-00810-63)Software Update
LINK
Change History
Synchronize to English v2.80.
Modify battery charging message.
Modify postal code search to show the street description.
Improve the stability of searching address. :thumbsup:
Modify the street names showing issue when viewing the map.

For Nuvi 1460 user, after update this software version 2.10,
When Using MFM map, Please check whether the previous said Issued still Existing ?
For Example, one of the issued is when Search Address will be causing Nuvi 1460 Shutdown or Reboot problem.

fooklee
Valued Contributor

Postby fooklee » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:40 pm

downloaded and tested. it seems the bugs are being fixed and able to load mfm to sd card.
will test it tomorrow on the road
:peace: =D>

Return to “GPS Devices”