Garmin Nuvi 1450 / 1460

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
Khairij

Re: Garmin 1460

Postby Khairij » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:53 pm

Hi All,
I am new to this forum but have been using the MFM on my mobile XT.
I like to share how I manage to install the new MFM map.
I just bought a Garmin Nuvi 1460.
I have managed to load the MFM-Garmin 091012 and MFM POI 091012.
I have also loaded the MFM-CPOIv204.

I have just completed testing it by driving to and from Seremban and Kuala Pilah.
All alert work so does the audio alerts, which is much better than the tone on the Garnim XT.

On my unit on the ".System" folder (root directory) which is hidden folder there was a map file "gmapprom.img".
When this file was present I could not make the new map to work.
I deleted the file and save the "gmapsupp.img" to "gmapprom.img" and save it to the folder.
This made my system work without any problem.
The POI file was copied to the folder POI inside the Garmin folder as normally done.

I have just completed installing the MFM SpeedTraps Verssion 3.7 on the my nuvi and I will test it tomorrow.

If the problem was resolved earlier please do ignore my feedback here.

I just wanted to share.

Khairij

cruiser
Location: NL - Nuvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T, 650, 4980 & TTom GO 910 + 950 Live, GO 6000

Postby cruiser » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:14 am

Khairij wrote:
I have just completed installing the MFM SpeedTraps Verssion 3.7 on the my nuvi and I will test it tomorrow.

If the problem was resolved earlier please do ignore my feedback here.

I just wanted to share.

Khairij

:welcome: Khairij and an excellent start to the contribution commitment... you'll head well on this too!! :good:
Image ~ Cruiser ~

SiLv3sTeR

Re: Custom POI download - Police Speed Traps (v3.7) - 17/9/09

Postby SiLv3sTeR » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:57 am

bro, my garmin 1460 support mp3? or WAV?

Zeus73

Re: Free Malaysia Garmin Custom POI: MFM-CPOI v2.04 (27/08/09)

Postby Zeus73 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:05 am

SiLv3sTeR wrote:bro, my garmin 1460 support mp3? or WAV?

:welcome:
WAV.

And please don't double post. :tq:

mwaran21

Postby mwaran21 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:16 am

I own Garmin Nuvi 1460. I had the same problem also when trying to switch to mfm. Recently in Garmin website, there is an software update for this model. I loaded the new software and now I am able to use mfm. Just tried it today. Pls back up your garmin files in your computer harddisk first before trying. In case it didn't work, u have to erase your recently uploaded software and re-load the back up software. Right now I am using MFM-Garmin 090921 map. Good luck!

superman88

Postby superman88 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:00 pm

Hello,

Did anyone manage to load the mfm map to the localized set Garmin 1460 and still maintain the Junction View? Any success stories? Can share with me the steps?

Thanks!

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:06 pm

superman88 wrote:Hello,

Did anyone manage to load the mfm map to the localized set Garmin 1460 and still maintain the Junction View? Any success stories? Can share with me the steps?

Thanks!

At this moment of time MFM does not have JCV Capability with Garmin units.

superman88

Postby superman88 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:47 am

silverbeauty wrote:
superman88 wrote:Hello,

Thanks!

At this moment of time MFM does not have JCV Capability with Garmin units.

Thanks! I laoded the MFM and MFMPOI into the SD card. 1460 could read the map, but when i do a search on the addresses, there was a message popped up "No Map Data Available". Is it something wrong that I did?

JasonLee
Regional Mapper
Location: Penang (Magellan Meridian Color & Garmin Nuvi 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30)

Postby JasonLee » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:05 am

gsiew72 wrote:Another question if I can get further advice. How do I start the track logger control?
Please read this review I posted at the other forum. The answer to your question is included.

I just got my Nuvi 1460 and I have in my internal memory (in the /.System folder) my Thailand map as gmapprom.img, MSM-MySinG v3.09 as gmapprom1.img and Masmap Tiles and MFM v091019 as gmapsupp.img in two separate SD cards.

Then I created a folder /map and put in it Australia.img and Korea.img. When I located the /map folder in the SD card, it did not work. Then I tried the internal memory and put the /map folder in the .System folder and then the /Garmin folder as a sub-folder but both did not work either. Finally, I moved the /map folder to the root directory of the internal memory and the Australian and Korean maps were available for selection. This is a really neat feature.

The v2.10 firmware solved the incompatibility issue with cgpsMapper compiled maps.

The only things I find annoying (so far) are:

1. The touch screen is very insensitive compared to my Nuvi 200 and it will be a challenge trying to make changes while driving.

2. The only British TTS voice is Daniel. I prefer a female voice and there is no non-TTS British voice. I don't like Daniel murdering Jalan Tanjung Tokong as Jalan Tanjung Terkerng. Tanjung Bungah became Tanjung Bang Gah. Strangely Jalan Oldham was pronounced as Jalan O_L_D_H_A_M and Jalan Sg Kelian became Jalan S_G Kelian. Mappers will have to make the appropriate changes to the naming of roads.

3. The Autozoom is annoying because it does not return to the set zoom level as my Nuvi 200 does. I was happy with the autozoom in the Nuvi 200 but the N1460 always returns to its preset 300m.

4. I found that getting into PC Mode is mode difficult and complex than the Nuvi 2xx. In the Nuvi 2xx, you just plug the USB cable in while the unit is off and it will automatically switch on and go into PC Mode. With the Nuvi 1460, you have to switch on without the cable and let it boot up until it reaches the Where To? screen and the simulator must be off before you plug in the USB cable, then only will it get into PC Mode. However, the difference is if you plug in like you do for the Nuvi 2xx, the USB connection is recognised as external power so you can avoid using the internal battery and navigate with it connected to your PC.

1-sec tracking is available but cannot be activated through the Where Am I? screen (Easter Egg method). You can however activate it by touching the speedometer for about 10 seconds (remember the v3.4 firmware of the Nuvi 2xx?) then a Diagnostic Page appears. Touch the Diagnostic Logging option and you will get the Logging Control screen with the Start Recoding and Start Playback buttons. The logs are stored in the /debug folder in the internal memory.

Satellite lock is very fast. Accuracy improves to 4 metres (so far experienced) with WAAS selected. It was 6 metres when Normal was selected.

One more thing, I can see custom POIs displayed (without labels) in the Navigation map (if you like that). Strange thing is Favorites POIs are seen without the label (the Nuvi 200 shows both the icon and label).

Will report more findings later.
Lean not on your own understanding

A4Paper

Postby A4Paper » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:03 am

[/quote]

At this moment of time MFM does not have JCV Capability with Garmin units.[/quote]

Thanks! I laoded the MFM and MFMPOI into the SD card. 1460 could read the map, but when i do a search on the addresses, there was a message popped up "No Map Data Available". Is it something wrong that I did?[/quote]

Hi Bro superman88.

I have similar problem while doing address searching - "no match found"

But when I change country to Malaysia, I got the search to work. Is this the same problem with you?

Rgds/A4

Return to “GPS Devices”