Garmin 60csx

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
uncle wong
Regional Mapper
Location: Kuala Lumpur - Selangor - Johor I did not have a GPS device

Garmin 60csx

Postby uncle wong » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:05 am

There's no thread for Garmin 60csx so I start a new topic here . Garmin 60csx handheld mapping devices are popular and stable, I believe that many here have this toy (maybe). To those who have this device can share experiences, discuss problems & tips with MFM members in here .

Unit Software
GPSMAP 60CSx, Ver. 4.00, as of May 26, 2009.( http://www8.garmin.com/support/download ... sp?id=1245 )

Additional Software
USB Drivers, Ver. 2.2.1, as of Mar 26, 2007 ( http://www8.garmin.com/support/download ... jsp?id=591 )

xImage, Ver. 2.3, as of Mar 23, 2005 ( http://www8.garmin.com/support/download ... jsp?id=545 )
xImage allows you to retrieve and update images on your GPS .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Enjoy the GPS’s life!

fauzee
Polygon Mapper

Re: Garmin 60csx

Postby fauzee » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:45 pm

since u did not yet have a GPS devices..i think better u get it..only hardcore knows the feeling.. =P~ =P~
~Lost Is Nothing~
...PLEASE INSTALL THE LATEST MAPS BEFORE DOIN' SOMETHIN'...

tlchuan
Polygon Mapper
Location: Subang Jaya (x10 & Oregon 300)Garmin 255w sgmy, 2575RLM, Wayway 5035

Postby tlchuan » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:55 pm

fauzee wrote:since u did not yet have a GPS devices..i think better u get it..only hardcore knows the feeling.. =P~ =P~

for your info unlce already have 60csx, oregon 300, nuvi 765 and so on.......... :thumbsup:

shideen
Senior Mapper

Postby shideen » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:16 pm

fauzee wrote:since u did not yet have a GPS devices..i think better u get it..only hardcore knows the feeling.. =P~ =P~

SO FAR SO GOOD! Thats all I can say.
Its my best companion when tracking, as well as when going outdoor.
Very hardcore.. yeahhh :thumbsup:
Nuvi200, 255W, GMXT on N5800, 60csx, Papago X3 (EastGear), Galactio V8

uncle wong
Regional Mapper
Location: Kuala Lumpur - Selangor - Johor I did not have a GPS device

Postby uncle wong » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:03 pm

tlchuan wrote:

for your info unlce already have 60csx, oregon 300, nuvi 765 and so on.......... :thumbsup:

I have a 60csx and nuvi 765 only .
Enjoy the GPS’s life!

fruitplus
Polygon Mapper

Postby fruitplus » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:07 pm

uncle wong wrote:
tlchuan wrote:

I have a 60csx and nuvi 765 only .

hehehe
bro Simseair got 1 oregon.
I very admire that oregon..hope 1 day i can find 1 for me.
=P~
Past + Present = Future

simseair
Valued Contributor

Postby simseair » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:51 pm

Oregon is for showoff :mrgreen: only and also for showing my location when I am travelling. It is nice to see where you are when you are travelling, especially overseas. Otherwise, sometimes, you know you are moving around in familiar areas overseas but with nothing to help you confirm.

For 60Csx, yes, it is a familiar companion for tracking. It is very easy to press the "mark" button to record the waypoints. Have not tried to track using the Oregon as there is one additional step. Furthermore, it is nicer to press a button than to press a screen. Performance wise, both seemed equally good though some reviewers said that the Oregon tends to lose signal easily in areas with tall buildings. I think the same goes for the 60 Csx but would like to hear some opinions.

The 60 Csx is getting to be a classic. The device will start tracking whenever it is turned on. With a reasonably-sized SD card, you will never worry about running out of memory while tracking. It is easy to locate the tracks by checking the track date in the SD card. The power consumption is pretty low and will lasts for hours. The buttons lighted up nicely. The buttons give off a sound when pressed. The touchscreen of the Oregon has some advantage but the 60 Csx is still holding up quite well despite being around for some time now.

keong8260
Regional Mapper
Location: Alor Setar (60CSx, Nuvi, Papago, Polnav, Galactio, Compass, Parang, Gun)

Postby keong8260 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:27 pm

Yes, I am a proud 60CSx owner... :thumbsup:

fauzee
Polygon Mapper

Postby fauzee » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:59 pm

o.k now..can we start some issues that some of 60Csx owner still not clear n knowing about this function..many thread discuss about WAAS/EGNOS...some peoples says cannot turn on..some peoples says can..i'm :ko: :ko: how about your opinion??
~Lost Is Nothing~
...PLEASE INSTALL THE LATEST MAPS BEFORE DOIN' SOMETHIN'...

keong8260
Regional Mapper
Location: Alor Setar (60CSx, Nuvi, Papago, Polnav, Galactio, Compass, Parang, Gun)

Postby keong8260 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:09 pm

fauzee wrote:o.k now..can we start some issues that some of 60Csx owner still not clear n knowing about this function..many thread discuss about WAAS/EGNOS...some peoples says cannot turn on..some peoples says can..i'm :ko: :ko: how about your opinion??

I just turn it on the WAAS/EGNOS, this system enable us to improve the accuracy of our GPSr. Since there are a small D at the signal bar, so there is definitely a WAAS/EGNOS signal detected by our GPSr, right? I suspect that the WAAS signal that we are receiving here at South East Asia is provided by Japanese's Multi-functional Satellite Augmentation System which is "compatible" with WAAS.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “GPS Devices”