How to calibrate your GPS screen

Guides, FAQs, How-to, etc

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
dvpro

Re: How to calibrate your GPS screen

Postby dvpro » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:57 pm

andyfriends wrote:my advice to all the newbies is that do not ever try to do it urself if u don know how to do it
i got a nightmare. the setting all gone! it took me for almost 1 hour to figure out how to reset it back!

Maybe you have accidentally initiated Clear All User Data option instead?
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

trucker

Postby trucker » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:04 pm

:tq: :good: 200W calibration was OK.
I have a question now - My office compound/parking is saved in my favorites. This exact coordinates is about 10m from road. My nuvi will bring me to the road outside my office compound BUT car icon will not make the last turn into the office compound/parking. The audio however was giving the correct instructions. It is the same for my home location. The icon stops on the main road and does not go into the house compound. Can anyone help? :-?

JasonLee
Regional Mapper
Location: Penang (Magellan Meridian Color & Garmin Nuvi 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30)

Postby JasonLee » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:27 pm

trucker wrote::tq: :good: 200W calibration was OK.
I have a question now - My office compound/parking is saved in my favorites. This exact coordinates is about 10m from road. My nuvi will bring me to the road outside my office compound BUT car icon will not make the last turn into the office compound/parking. The audio however was giving the correct instructions. It is the same for my home location. The icon stops on the main road and does not go into the house compound. Can anyone help? :-?
Unless a private driveway is drawn into the map, there is no road for your car icon to 'drive' on. It can go in without a road if you set to OFF-ROAD or PEDESTRIAN mode. But seriously, you will switch off your GPS as soon as you arrive at your office or home, no? If so, what does it matter whether the car icon enters your office compound or not? When you switch on again and get satellite lock, your car will be positioned to wherever you get satellite lock.
Lean not on your own understanding

trucker

Postby trucker » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:55 pm

hi bro,
Agreed with you if its no road or arrive at location.
However I tested my unit on my way home earlier n its cfm that my actual location n map location is different - i.e. map icon location is about 10-30m BEHIND my actual location, ex...Im on a bridge but map show im still approaching bridge, i already turned into junction/side road but map still show im on main road...so its definitely map not sync with my unit. I noticed this only after update to 091102 update. Am reverting back to 091026 update to chk again.
http://highclasseurope.com/9f9d0

JasonLee
Regional Mapper
Location: Penang (Magellan Meridian Color & Garmin Nuvi 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30)

Postby JasonLee » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:28 pm

trucker wrote:hi bro,
Agreed with you if its no road or arrive at location.
However I tested my unit on my way home earlier n its cfm that my actual location n map location is different - i.e. map icon location is about 10-30m BEHIND my actual location, ex...Im on a bridge but map show im still approaching bridge, i already turned into junction/side road but map still show im on main road...so its definitely map not sync with my unit. I noticed this only after update to 091102 update. Am reverting back to 091026 update to chk again.
This is what other brothers have been calling lag. You can find this topic well discussed and is a different issue from your earlier query. Different machines will have different degrees of lag with the same map - some acceptable, some not. What model is your GPS? We also have the Lite version for those machines which experience unacceptable lag.
Lean not on your own understanding

Return to “Library”