Papago - M3gps Consultant - V1

Feedback for MFM-Papago map/software

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
NOTE: This forum should be used strictly for feedback of MFM-Papago map only. Issues with other software or devices will be re-directed.
weewee

Re: Papago - M3gps Consultant

Postby weewee » Wed May 23, 2012 10:51 am

weewee wrote:Hi, I've just updated my R6600 via webupdater to X9 from X8.5. But I realise the SLA map doesn't show up in the map switch. I can only select either MFM or navigasi map. Even the Thailand map doesn't appear in the map switch. As my R6600 comes with TMC, I'd like to use SLA map. Anyway to fix it or I need to wait for the X9 version of SLA map to be out?

M3gps, any update on my question? I need postal code search feature of SLA map also. Thanks.

m3support

Postby m3support » Wed May 23, 2012 11:00 am

tlchuan wrote:just tested the M9

the program work fine on my sumsung galaxy S2 version 2.3.6

but there are side effect

1) use more power for 30min use drain 25% power :thumbsdown:

2) phone will feel warm after 30min use

Hi tlchuan,

I am not sure about this S2. But actually the unit warm very fast also due to phone issue http://www.android.net/forum/samsung-galaxy-s2/63564-samsung-galaxy-s2-battery-problem.html

I am using HTC Desire S but do not come with this issue. Maybe you may want to consult Samsung on this.
Last edited by m3support on Wed May 23, 2012 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M3 Asia Sdn Bhd,

Menara Lien Hoe,
Lot 17.1, 17th Floor,
Persiaran Tropicana,
47410, PJ, Selangor.

Office Tel : +603 7886 2423

Operation Hours:
Monday-Friday : 9am-6pm
Saturday, Sunday & Public Holidays : Closed

jusbella
Contributor

Postby jusbella » Wed May 23, 2012 1:05 pm

ravindra wrote:
All GPS's map is not 100% beautiful and complete. road always changed! and so on... Sometime we need to be smart, that all..

For feedback new track/map U can visit here for more info viewforum.php?f=8

Quite disappointed with your answer and your logic. Imagine you are a foreigner in Malaysia for the first time , and have no idea where Digital Mall is ( someone recommended you to go to Digital Mall to buy some IT products ) and am using a commercial GPS which i paid good money for, the least i expect the map to show a famous landmark in PJ like Digital Mall. We are not talking about some obscure building in Gua Musang my friend. So don't give me that crap about maps being not 100% beautiful or sometimes we need to be smart. If the map is no good just say it and lets improve it.
Its just that i am disappointed with the maps as supplied with the M9 package which i think is still not as good as google maps as evidenced by my example about Digital Mall.
Anyway i think i have made my point.

What are you talking about?
I'm also using Papago M9 on a Galaxy Note.

The building in your map as shown is indicated as AECO Technologies ( M ) Sdn Bhd in the M9. Please check before you post.

Last time I also first time to Norway, and friend also recommend me somewhere like ur case, I use garmin, papago and Igo, I cannot find it, den I google it, and founded, den be smart, take down the coordinate at google, den insert in ur GPS and u founded it!

The map is not produced by Papago, the map is produced by MFM, please take note! Whole world map is not 100% completed too! we need be smart like wat I did in Norway!

m3support

Postby m3support » Wed May 23, 2012 7:01 pm

ravindra wrote:I have just installed Papago M9 on my Galaxy note.
I was looking for the Digital Mall in section 14 as a landmark on the map but could not find it.
Why is this so and why is it not shown on the map as Digital Mall instead of some other.

I was also searching for Jalan Hijau in Kajang and could not find it. But i could find it so easily on the Google Maps.

Its very strange. Would appreciate some answers.
What am i doing wrong. ? Or are the Google maps having more detail.

Cheers

Herojam

Hi Herojam,

We have tested the original map inside the installer of M9. "Digital Mall" no doubt is already inside.

Step by step to get the Digital Mall POI (Point Of Interest)

1) Start M9 SEA
2) Click on "POI Search"
3) Click on the text field
4) Key-in "Digital Mall"
5) Click "DONE"
6) Click "OK"
7) Click "Search"
8) Click on "Digital Mall" with Selangor, Petaling Jaya
9) You will be pointed to the location
10) Click on "GO"
11) If you were to follow the direction by the M9 SEA, you will see the below photo. It means you are arriving at the Digital Mall.

Shall you require further clarification on how to search POIs and Search ROADs. Please do not hesitate to contact us at
Hotline : 1800 88 3303
Email : support@m3gps.com

Alternative, you may visit our showroom
M3 Asia Sdn Bhd,
105, Block A, Phileo Damansara 2,
46350, Petaling Jaya.

Operation Hours :
Monday - Friday : 9am-6pm
Saturday : 9am-1pm
Sunday & Public Holidays : Closed
M3 Asia Sdn Bhd,

Menara Lien Hoe,
Lot 17.1, 17th Floor,
Persiaran Tropicana,
47410, PJ, Selangor.

Operation Hours:

Christophe Lam

Postby Christophe Lam » Wed May 23, 2012 7:09 pm

pc-ox wrote:
Christophe Lam wrote:Hi admin, no updated maps for X9?

This is the latest map for X8.5-X9. Although the title mentioned X8.5, it can use for X9 too.
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=12943

Thanks, love you :finga:

jusbella
Contributor

Postby jusbella » Wed May 23, 2012 7:21 pm

Hi M3asia support...

I would like to ask, why searching address now need 2 time? I means I don wan to search INTERSECTION....

Everytime I search for an address, founded the result and it take me to intersection and force me to choose another name den can start navi..

Please remove the intersection as we don need it!

m3support

Postby m3support » Wed May 23, 2012 7:29 pm

jusbella wrote:Where can I download Thailand map in English language for Papago M9?

Hi jusbella,

Let me check with our technical team on the above and I will come back to you once I got the latest link.

Thank you.
M3 Asia Sdn Bhd,

Menara Lien Hoe,
Lot 17.1, 17th Floor,
Persiaran Tropicana,
47410, PJ, Selangor.

Operation Hours:

m3support

Postby m3support » Wed May 23, 2012 7:38 pm

ravindra wrote:
U need report the coordinate to mapper to implement the name, I saw it, but no have name there, But u can search "Jalan Hijau 1" there is result, Jalan Hijau is at upper road which no name.

I find it strange that i have to report a famous landmark in PJ after buying the M9. If i was a tourist and someone told me to look for Digital Mall in PJ and i happen to have the Papago GPS on my phone, i should be able to locate this building quite easily don't you agree. Thats what GPS is all about. I'm not looking for some obscure place.

Anyway thanks for the reply and appreciate you taking time out to reply to my query. BTW how do i relay the coordinates back to the the mapper.

Cheers

Herojam

Hi Herojam,

Sorry for the inconvenience. However, Digital Mall is already inside the map.

For step by step guide to look for Digital Mall, please follow this link:-
http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=11726&p=175807#p175807
M3 Asia Sdn Bhd,

Menara Lien Hoe,
Lot 17.1, 17th Floor,
Persiaran Tropicana,
47410, PJ, Selangor.

Operation Hours:

m3support

Postby m3support » Wed May 23, 2012 7:40 pm

pc-ox wrote:
Christophe Lam wrote:Hi admin, no updated maps for X9?

This is the latest map for X8.5-X9. Although the title mentioned X8.5, it can use for X9 too.
http://malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=12943

Hi pc-ox,

Thanks for the assistance.
M3 Asia Sdn Bhd,

Menara Lien Hoe,
Lot 17.1, 17th Floor,
Persiaran Tropicana,
47410, PJ, Selangor.

Operation Hours:

m3support

Postby m3support » Wed May 23, 2012 9:12 pm

Hi ravindra,

Sorry for the frustration. Let me explain on the M9 SEA and MalFreeMaps position.

M9 SEA is a navigation software developed by Maction Technologies Inc from Taiwan and it is distributed by M3 Asia Sdn Bhd, in Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, Indonesia & Thailand. With M9 alone, it will not show to the world how efficient it is. M9 needs a very powerful map to be working correctly.

As for MalFreeMaps, it is a community project to create a FREE map for the entire Malaysia, Singapore and Brunei. The mappers in MalFreeMaps get no salary. They do not like the other FAMOUS GPSs Mappers all around the world eg NavTeq & Tele Atlas whom get salaries every month.

The coordinate, lines of roads, Point of interests (POI), etc etc etc are all contributed by the community whom also do not get any cent from it.

When no one is paying for the contribution, it is also means no one is getting paid. That is why everyone may get the map and download with Free of Charge.

Incomplete map happens all around the world. So do Google maps.

A lot of the mappers, mostly everyone, hate that if their own hardwork being copied and claimed by other parties which belong to theirs. That is why mapper do not copy other sources to complete their maps. This is considered plagiarism.

As for certain places and roads could not be found in MalFreeMaps but found in Google maps or other GPS maps. Then we require to obtain the coordinate from those maps and transfer to the M9. This is a BIG change to M9. Whereby searching with coordinate by using mobile phone GPS navigation system. Like-wise, some people found that MalFreeMaps has certain Point of Interests which could not be found in other maps. Then they will copy the coordinate to the other GPSs or Google maps to reach the destination.

As you have mentioned Digital Mall could not be found. But it is already being inside the maps which has been tested by me personally. As for the step by step guide you may want to check on this post:
http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=11726&p=175807#p175807

Of course, when there is no perfect human kind, how are we gonna to create a perfect map. But we human try to be perfect. So do MalFreeMaps mappers doing their best to update the maps every month and everyone can download it for free. They, mappers also doing their best effort to create a complete map.

So what if you are a foreigner? Few Japanese students using GPS not sure "whom created" map in Australia and ended up washing their rented car with sea water.

A perfect navigation system without map, it is nothing. Same goes to if the world best navigation map does not used by any navigation system, it is also nothing.

Both require to be balanced in order to be functioning properly.

Hope the above clarifies everyone doubts and Thank you very much to MalFreeMaps for the monthly update with ZERO cost to the public with no contract & agreement.

Also thanks to all customers whom has bought our PAPAGO! GPS navigation system and feedback to us on the issues you all are facing with. We will do our part to fix & answer your questions as we also do not want to keep on getting bad comments from customers.

If I can't answer your questions within a week. It means I am looking for answer. If I have missed out or skipped your question. Please do remind me.

ravindra wrote:
Quite disappointed with your answer and your logic. Imagine you are a foreigner in Malaysia for the first time , and have no idea where Digital Mall is ( someone recommended you to go to Digital Mall to buy some IT products ) and am using a commercial GPS which i paid good money for, the least i expect the map to show a famous landmark in PJ like Digital Mall. We are not talking about some obscure building in Gua Musang my friend. So don't give me that crap about maps being not 100% beautiful or sometimes we need to be smart. If the map is no good just say it and lets improve it.
Its just that i am disappointed with the maps as supplied with the M9 package which i think is still not as good as google maps as evidenced by my example about Digital Mall.
Anyway i think i have made my point.

ravindra wrote:The building in your map as shown is indicated as AECO Technologies ( M ) Sdn Bhd in the M9. Please check before you post.
M3 Asia Sdn Bhd,

Menara Lien Hoe,
Lot 17.1, 17th Floor,
Persiaran Tropicana,
47410, PJ, Selangor.

Operation Hours:

Return to “MFM-Papago map/software feedback”